PDA

View Full Version : What is it with the Echo?

luka
05/12/2007, 9:30 AM
10 pages on Monday night about City's win. 4 pages last night again about the win and pictures from their homecoming. Can anyone remember what Ramblers got? Weren't the Echo at the Dinner on Saturday night taking pics and absolutely **** all in the Echo about it.

It certainly makes me wonder what sort of coverage Ramblers will get from them next year eh!

drinkfeckarse
05/12/2007, 9:52 AM
Winning the Cup Final is a much bigger thing than an end of season dinner dance in fairness Luka but I take your point. They could have had a little bit on it at least or maybe they'll have something on it in the coming days.

I remember the last time we were in the Prem, City got more coverage than us but I don't recall it being OTT. City are a bigger club than us, there's no getting away from that but as long as the coverage is proportional then I don't really see a problem.

luka
05/12/2007, 10:03 AM
Winning the Cup Final is a much bigger thing than an end of season dinner dance in fairness Luka but I take your point. They could have had a little bit on it at least or maybe they'll have something on it in the coming days.

I remember the last time we were in the Prem, City got more coverage than us but I don't recall it being OTT. City are a bigger club than us, there's no getting away from that but as long as the coverage is proportional then I don't really see a problem.

Sure how much coverage did Ramblers get for winning the League..........was it 1 page with a large photo and a few paragraphs or something?

drinkfeckarse
05/12/2007, 10:24 AM
I don't know considering I don't get the Echo in Scotland. If it was only one page then that was poor but it also proves the point that if that is correct, what made you think they'd put a piece in about a dinner dance?

don ramo
05/12/2007, 10:28 AM
the echo is garbage i wouldnt waste my money buyin it, sure lads your talkin about a paper that, after our biggest win of the saeson, they ran a two week old story about commitee members laevin, its a siht paper

luka
05/12/2007, 10:35 AM
I don't know considering I don't get the Echo in Scotland. If it was only one page then that was poor but it also proves the point that if that is correct, what made you think they'd put a piece in about a dinner dance?

Sorry DFA..........I should have made my origianl post a bit clearer. I had intended to refer to both the winning of the Div and the dinner. Basically, I'm just whinging about Ramblers' coverage from the Echo in general

drinkfeckarse
05/12/2007, 11:31 AM
Oh right, no bother. You're right though, we should expect better really.

hoggy
05/12/2007, 12:03 PM
Evening Echo sponsors us, so maybe it's understandable that they provide us with more coverage, even if the said coverage is more often than not inaccurate spoof.

don ramo
05/12/2007, 1:15 PM
yes but the half ass everthing, there a joke of a paper, all that is requried is to add one more sheet, youd swear it was rocket science, so, they paid a pothographer to go to the dinner dance, and then didnt put the pics in the paper, whats up with that, its not a difficult task to promote 2 teams, the tabloids promote 40 teams no prob,

the sub
05/12/2007, 2:17 PM
Take it easy u think everyone against cobh look at the echo pages 46\47 plus back page plenty aul and msl players on the way

don ramo
05/12/2007, 2:41 PM
not against cobh, against LOI in general, its the top of the ladder in irsh football, and the EPL is done more in it, they have fans comments and the likes on the top 4 and also sunderland, yet you get about a page if your lucky of both city and cobh, i understand they sponsor city, and city were the only prem club in cork, but at times they could try and match there effort for the EPL with there LOI coverage,

the sub
05/12/2007, 3:00 PM
Look cobh have a great set regarding looking after there young player and giving kids a chance to play loi. I said it a week ago u have good player cominig through the under 18.s and 17.s ranks that already tasted loi this year thanks to Hendo look at the echo u have two players on the inter league team that wn on sat. Forget about the eacho u will prove everyone wrong will playets who want to wear the jesery and not for money

luka
05/12/2007, 3:09 PM
Lads,

My point is:

City: 14 pages over two publications

Ramblers: 1 page with **** off large photo and a few paras after a record breaking season to win the Div, allbeit the First Div. I personally think they went way over the top with the City coverage. Having said that I suppose I wouldn't be whinging if it was the other way around though, but I bet the City fans would be up in arms about it.

micls
05/12/2007, 3:11 PM
Lads,

My point is:

City: 14 pages over two publications

Ramblers: 1 page with **** off large photo and a few paras after a record breaking season to win the Div, allbeit the First Div. I personally think they went way over the top with the City coverage. Having said that I suppose I wouldn't be whinging if it was the other way around though, but I bet the City fans would be up in arms about it.
Theres 2 pages of photos and an article about Rams in todays paper. Photos of the dinner dance and article about players coming in

luka
05/12/2007, 3:12 PM
Theres 2 pages of photos and an article about Rams in todays paper. Photos of the dinner dance and article about players coming in

Bout time. Must have sent the email to the right place then :D

Schumi
05/12/2007, 3:14 PM
a record breaking season
What records were broken?

luka
05/12/2007, 3:17 PM
77 points to win the Division. Never been won by a total that large before. Quoting Delaney on that one.

don ramo
05/12/2007, 3:19 PM
What records were broken?

first senior trophy,
27 game unbeaten run,
most points in a league season by the club,

unsure of league records, the one i know is, we finnished with more points than any other club that won the divsion,

EDIT: luka beat me to it

luka
05/12/2007, 3:21 PM
Finn Harps had 76 in 2004 but that's the highest that I know of.................. before our 77 that is :p

Risteard
05/12/2007, 3:31 PM
1. FAI Cup v First Division
2. Sponsors CCFC

It's a rag though.
Apart from the court reports, the only reason I get it is for City coverage which is often inaccurate but very comprehensive.
The Neil Mellor fiasco and Ken O'Connors City decade XI* could warrant dismissals in any proper paper.
I'm surprised you don't have a bigger problem with Red FM.

*I'm aware opinions are opinions but he picked George and Roy in midfield with Joe Gamble as a striker.

Schumi
05/12/2007, 3:34 PM
77 points to win the Division. Never been won by a total that large before.
Fair play, didn't realise you got that many, though you did have three more games than the previous record breaking season.

MojoPin
05/12/2007, 3:38 PM
did ye never taught of that.... did the demise of dublin city not bring wexford into the league?

rambler14
05/12/2007, 4:05 PM
10 pages on Monday night about City's win. 4 pages last night again about the win and pictures from their homecoming. Can anyone remember what Ramblers got? Weren't the Echo at the Dinner on Saturday night taking pics and absolutely **** all in the Echo about it.

It certainly makes me wonder what sort of coverage Ramblers will get from them next year eh!

They actually got 12 on Monday night including the front and back page. I kept all the papers from the weekend we won the league and i can confirm that ramblers only got 4 pages. 2 in the sports pages, the front page and the back page. For the rest of that week we had a page a night. So even then it still don't add up.
The dinner dance appears in tonights issue of the echo. 2 page spread pls a column on the back page about Hendo.
Shockin coverage all the same. With 2 teams in Cork one is still being discriminated against. Can't wait till next year when they are previewing Ramblers vs City. They'l do hlf a page on Rambler and 3 on Cork City.

luka
06/12/2007, 7:57 AM
Nice spread in the Echo last night lads. Saw a bit of a typo there though. Would the real Club Chairman please stand up :D

rambler14
06/12/2007, 1:20 PM
3 and counting:D

6yardpunisha
06/12/2007, 3:43 PM
Nice spread in the Echo last night lads. Saw a bit of a typo there though. Would the real Club Chairman please stand up :D

wouldnt say it was a typo

luka
06/12/2007, 3:56 PM
And why not? Ring the Echo for confirmation then. You're obviously reading into the sentence too much and can't see the humour in it. :rolleyes:TYPO TYPO TYPO Whatever happened to a sense of humour these days?

6yardpunisha
06/12/2007, 5:06 PM
And why not? Ring the Echo for confirmation then. You're obviously reading into the sentence too much and can't see the humour in it. :rolleyes:TYPO TYPO TYPO Whatever happened to a sense of humour these days?

lost mine on the hendo interview thread

bellavistaman
06/12/2007, 5:13 PM
lost mine on the hendo interview thread

oooohh:eek:

outside in
06/12/2007, 5:23 PM
chill out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pablo Escobar
07/12/2007, 7:49 AM
I saw a 2 page spread on the dinner dance :rolleyes:

What did ye want?....a f***in' pull out?

Super-rams
07/12/2007, 10:18 AM
wouldnt say it was a typo

It was a bit of a laugh with the lads up there. When the pictures were being taken and they wanted to know who was in them everyone was saying they were the chairman. :D:D