PDA

View Full Version : Hatton V Mayweather.

Pages : [1] 2 3

NeilMcD
04/12/2007, 9:10 PM
What do people think will happen in this fight and does anybody know what time it starts at, as in what time the fight itself is due to start at.

beautifulrock
04/12/2007, 9:35 PM
4am as far as i can see. Think the Hitman may lose this one

osarusan
05/12/2007, 1:53 AM
4am as far as i can see. Think the Hitman may lose this one
Agreed. I'll go for Mayweather on points, after taking most of the late rounds, as Hatton tires.

swano
05/12/2007, 4:58 AM
I think it could be very close. Hatton will come out all guns blazing and should take the opening few rounds as Mayweather is a slow starter. If Hatton builds up a lead he could conserve some energy for a final push. I'm tempted to back the draw.

shakermaker1982
05/12/2007, 7:56 AM
This could be a long night for Hatton - if Mayweather moves up the gears and doesn't fear Hatton's power and strength he could go to town on him. I hope Hatton catches him early, rattles him and Cortez doesn't break them up in the clinches. If Hatton can push him against the ropes and works the body he has a chance. This is when Mayweather starts to panic and will start to complain - especially if his hands have 'gone'. I've been watching 24/7 and I'm starting to think he's worried about his hands already.

But I always think back to the Collazo fight (a fight that Hatton lost IMO) and if Hatton can get outfought and outboxed by a C grade fighter what could an A grade, hall of famer do to him?

Torn-Ado
05/12/2007, 2:34 PM
Finish work at 4am on sunday morning. Fight starts at 5. The bar manager phoned up today and got the fight. All the staff sitting around getting p!ssed watching some boxing.

Bliss.

jebus
05/12/2007, 2:43 PM
Head says Mayweather to stop him around the 9th, heart says Hatton to knock him in the 7th, and for once I'm gonna go with my heart when I put money on down the bookies.

Anyone know if any pub in any part of Dublin are gonna be staying open to show this?

NeilMcD
05/12/2007, 2:48 PM
Finish work at 4am on sunday morning. Fight starts at 5. The bar manager phoned up today and got the fight. All the staff sitting around getting p!ssed watching some boxing.

Bliss.

Its that GMT.

NeilMcD
05/12/2007, 2:49 PM
Head says Mayweather to stop him around the 9th, heart says Hatton to knock him in the 7th, and for once I'm gonna go with my heart when I put money on down the bookies.

Anyone know if any pub in any part of Dublin are gonna be staying open to show this?

Would it not be cheaper to buy it in and get a few cans in.

Torn-Ado
05/12/2007, 2:52 PM
Its that GMT.

Naw. Swedish time. I think. I hope.

jebus
05/12/2007, 3:01 PM
Would it not be cheaper to buy it in and get a few cans in.

Atmosphere my man, atmosphere

Aberdonian Stu
05/12/2007, 3:05 PM
I'd be very surprised if it doesn't go the full 12. I went against Hatton when he fought Tszyu (pardon the spelling) and I'm not going to do that again. My head is telling me to back Pretty Boy but I'm going to go with my gut and back the Hitman.

osarusan
05/12/2007, 3:07 PM
Head says Mayweather... heart says Hatton .....I'm gonna go with my heart

My head is telling me to back Pretty Boy but I'm going to go with my gut and back the Hitman.

The bookies bestest friends.

Aberdonian Stu
05/12/2007, 3:08 PM
I know you were only being figurative but I never bet on boxing or any 2 horse race for that matter, outside of bets with mates that is.

Risteard
05/12/2007, 3:51 PM
Mayweather had to tell the press today that the fight.
He didn't train Monday due to his hands.

shaneker
05/12/2007, 7:24 PM
Since I'm going to be in a tiny village outside Bristol and won't have any chance to watch it (the house I'm in doesn't have any digital TV) anybody know if its going to be available on a live stream?

Lim till i die
06/12/2007, 9:19 AM
Hatton has been well and truly rattled all through this build up IMO.

His only hope is to try and hurt Floyd early and get into a scrap.

God help him if he gets involved in a boxing match.

Dodge
06/12/2007, 9:51 AM

Reading too much of Pretty Boy's Hype. Hatton is a fantastic boxer. Just because he prefers an attacking doesn't mean he can't match the best in a tactical bout.

I'm leaning towards Hatton. Two fantastic fighters and i'm looking for another trilogy. oha dn I'll be in manchester for this. i'm assuming loads of places will be showing it but can anyone confirm?

shakermaker1982
06/12/2007, 10:05 AM

I've never seen him look so calm in the build up. He was sh***ing himself before the Kostya fight but he looks confident. If anything it's Mayweather who looks rattled -

Torn-Ado
06/12/2007, 10:37 AM
I honestly can't see Hatton getting beat. He gets better with every fight.

The last time I seen Hatton rattled in a fight was when Eamonn Magee had him on the deck in the first couple of rounds. A fight Magee could have won if he was more attack minded.

beautifulrock
06/12/2007, 11:11 AM
Hattons body punching should come to the fore in this fight. If he connects cleanly then Floyd will be looking at the lights. If they go toe to toe we could be looking at a classic. Can I stay awake untill 4 am though, that is the question. Fell alseep during the Calzage fight and that was at 1am, getting old is not good.

NeilMcD
06/12/2007, 11:46 AM
Go to bed and set your alarm.

max power
06/12/2007, 12:08 PM
Go to bed and set your alarm.

i would only i'm not home from work until 3.......is it on at 4, big undercard ????

shanman2
06/12/2007, 12:09 PM
I hope Hatton beats Mayweather. You have to admire Hatton, he doesn't talk rubbish like Mayweather and he has that street brawler look in his eyes. Hatton wants it more and when fighters are evenly matched thats what it comes down to much like any other sport.

Dodge
06/12/2007, 12:20 PM
I hope Hatton beats Mayweather. You have to admire Hatton, he doesn't talk rubbish like Mayweather and he has that street brawler look in his eyes. Hatton wants it more and when fighters are evenly matched thats what it comes down to much like any other sport.

Ridiculous post. do you not understand boxing at all. Mayweather plays a charachter so Americans will spend $65 to watch it on HBO. He might be brasher than hatton but he's far from an idiot, and he wants this just as much as Hatton

shanman2
06/12/2007, 12:46 PM
Ridiculous post. do you not understand boxing at all. Mayweather plays a charachter so Americans will spend $65 to watch it on HBO. He might be brasher than hatton but he's far from an idiot, and he wants this just as much as Hatton

How many fans has Ricky Hatton got to come over? 36000 as opposed Mayweather 32000. He doesn't play any character outer than himself, his life style, his attitude is only about Floyd Mayweather. Americans love their sports so it wouldn't matter what he says.

Dodge
06/12/2007, 12:56 PM
How many fans has Ricky Hatton got to come over? 36000 as opposed Mayweather 32000. Whats the point?

He doesn't play any character outer than himself, his life style, his attitude is only about Floyd Mayweather. Americans love their sports so it wouldn't matter what he says.
I don't even understand what this means

endabob1
06/12/2007, 1:49 PM
i would only i'm not home from work until 3.......is it on at 4, big undercard ????

Estimated start time is 4am depending on how long the undercard fights take, so if there are a couple of early finishes it might be sooner

Dodge
06/12/2007, 2:04 PM
Estimated start time is 4am depending on how long the undercard fights take, so if there are a couple of early finishes it might be sooner

it won't be. the main fight always starts on schedule. They'll have a two hour gap between fights before they'd let the main bout go 5 minutes early

Lim till i die
06/12/2007, 2:45 PM
Reading too much of Pretty Boy's Hype.

Gotta love his dad in the training camp the other day:

"That boy Hatton, he got three gears"
"He can go forward, he can go backward and he can bleed" :D

I just think Mayweather is that bit more skillful* and has gotten inside Hattons head.

*I'll admit I base this on only small bits of seeing both boxers.

I've never seen him look so calm in the build up.

You've obviously only been seeing the Sky filtered press conferences

If anything it's Mayweather who looks rattled

My ar$e tbh.

I hope Hatton beats Mayweather.

I can't for the life of me understand this groundswell of support for Hatton.

Personally I much prefer the brash, egomaniac character to the simpleton, possibly homophobe, lager lout character.

You have to admire Hatton, he doesn't talk rubbish like Mayweather and he has that street brawler look in his eyes.

ROCKY!! ROCKY!! ROCKY!! ROCKY!! :rolleyes:

Hatton wants it more

Have you based this on anything whatsoever??

endabob1
06/12/2007, 3:18 PM
it won't be. the main fight always starts on schedule. They'll have a two hour gap between fights before they'd let the main bout go 5 minutes early

That's what I thought too but I'm sure I read that it would depend on the undercard, I thought it was a bit strange at the time...
4am it is then :eek:

bellavistaman
06/12/2007, 4:11 PM
hope hatton destroys the arrogant clown, he is the most irratating man in the world. cant wait for this one. Hattons looking extrememly sharp too.

luka
06/12/2007, 4:33 PM
hope hatton destroys the arrogant clown, he is the most irratating man in the world. cant wait for this one. Hattons looking extrememly sharp too.

Would like to see Hatton win but it's unlikely.

Risteard
06/12/2007, 4:42 PM
It looks to me like neither of them are your typical brain-dead arrogant boxer.
Couldn't they just do away with the tiresome press-conference dust-up?

bellavistaman
06/12/2007, 5:15 PM
im backing hatton all the way very confident on this one.

shakermaker1982
06/12/2007, 6:13 PM
You've obviously only been seeing the Sky filtered press conferences

no I'm basing it on the three 24/7 episodes so far and the comments coming out of Vegas from both camps.

I'd also prefer to support the boxer who isn't a woman beating scumbag (not once but found guilty twice). Yeah what a classy guy that Mayweather is. Damn that Hatton for liking a pint of guinness - you know what he must be a homophopic simpleton.

bellavistaman
06/12/2007, 8:13 PM
ya hatton seems to be using the fat jibes as motivation, even wearin te t shirt

Rovers fan
06/12/2007, 10:19 PM

The whole mayweather is false. They try to create controversy just to increase the amount of people paying per view. This sort of crap is wrecking boxing imo. Its more about the build up than the fight, which usually turns out to be a disappointment. This has turned many traditional boxing fans away from the sport.
Like aberdonian stu i never bet on head to heads cos there ins;t much money to be made but if i was betting i would definitely go for mayweather

stojkovic
07/12/2007, 12:17 AM
Pretty Boy is gonna romp this one lads. It wont go the distance. Maybe not past the 5th.

paul_oshea
07/12/2007, 7:34 AM
mayweather firing a max 100 combinations at a time really is class, no matter how powerful they are. Hatton really does look like a small boy compared to him, i reckon the difficulty hatton has in putting on the muscle ( weight ) could go against him.

Lim, what are ye on about above btw?! utter nonsense. Getting in someones head, doesn't make a slight bit of difference unless they are a big thick a la Eubank. Both these boxers are clever lads, "getting inside the head" wont mean one comes out all guns blazing swinging like a drunkard after 10 whiskeys on a saturday night down in josies in carraroe. :/

The only real way I can see the fight being stopped is if mayweather bleeds bad ( blurring his vision ), then again ive never really seen hatton take a few good belts in a row.

Lads the de la hoya one started at 5, but im not sure this one does. BTW does anyone know if macklin is fighting on the undercard, i read he was, but then when i went to look i couldn't see it. He will be a class fighter in the future, remember that name.

sliced pan
07/12/2007, 7:35 AM
Its a tough one Ricky Hatton hasn't fought much only really Kostya Tszyu (2 years ago) in which Tszyu was finding it tough at that time think he last all his titles at that time two stripped sometimes I just think Hatton is another english hype. Mayweather actually retired a few months ago hard to know if his heart is in it, but since Hatton beat Tszyu Mayweather beat Demarcus Corley, Arturo Gatti maybe just gettin on, Sharmba Mitchell, Zab Judah and the over the hill Oscar De La Hoya. I think if one of them isn't found out in 2nd or 3rd round ill go for Mayweather 10th round TKO.

paul_oshea
07/12/2007, 7:58 AM
Mayweather actually retired a few months ago hard to know if his heart is in it,

Mayweather "retires" after every fight, its just a show, to get more money. Why he wont move up another level I cant understand. I know it will never happen but Id love to see him and calzaghe fighting. calzaghe is the only other fighter that appears to be able change his style during a fight. How many punches did calzaghe throw in the kessler fight, compared to de la hoya in the mayweather fight?

sliced pan
07/12/2007, 10:05 AM
Well Oscar de la Hoya was well passed it against Mayweather sure he has lost about five times since he went on his Golden Boy mile or Circle whatever he called it. I always liked Kessler him Lucas, Beyer and Byron Mitchell made the super middle very exciting for years Calzaghe came through against a tough division.

shakermaker1982
07/12/2007, 11:13 AM
De La Hoya faded down the stretch against Mayweather (as he has done in all his big fights since Trinidad). I remember the ODH that rallied late against Ike Quartey to win a close decision a good few years back. Mayweather did well against the bigger man but ODH was giving him a lot of bother in those early rounds. I actually had it scored a draw if I remember correctly.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Hatton can catch Mayweather cleanly with a body shot early on - if Hatton cannot get to him and hasn't done his homework then Mayweather could use Hatton as a punchbag as he did with Gatti. Castillo -Mayweather 1 was probably the one fight that troubled Mayweather most, I have it on DVD and am going to watch it tomorrow before I stake any bets. Castillo was in his prime back then and was like a whirlwind but Mayweather still managed to do enough. Floyd's speed, footwork and defence is first rate and I hope for Hatton's sake he doesn't get caught cold early on because it could be over in a flash.

paul_oshea
07/12/2007, 12:12 PM
Floyd's speed, footwork and defence is first rate and I hope for Hatton's sake he doesn't get caught cold early on because it could be over in a flash.

Mayweathers punching power is nothing on Hatton though, but the arm distance etc could be a telling factor, as when hatton needs to get close mayweather can land a few clinical punches and step out quicker, hatton mightn't even get near him :(

Lim till i die
07/12/2007, 2:02 PM
Damn that Hatton for liking a pint of guinness - you know what he must be a homophopic simpleton.

I was refering to the press conference in Manchester that Sky had to cut.

You know, the one where Hatton lost the rag and came across like a homophobic simpleton :rolleyes:

I'd also prefer to support the boxer who isn't a woman beating scumbag (not once but found guilty twice). Yeah what a classy guy that Mayweather is.

It says a lot about Hatton that I still want Mayweather to clean his clock.

Hell, probably says a lot about me too. :)

Lim, what are ye on about above btw?! utter nonsense. Getting in someones head, doesn't make a slight bit of difference

I think it does.

Are you honestly saying you think mental preperation has nothing to do with boxing??

paul_oshea
07/12/2007, 3:09 PM
mental preparation, in boxing terms, means getting your head right in that you know your gameplan, you are relaxed, but also very focused and very determined. Put simply that is :)

The rest is all a charade, to get the yanks to get all excited etc, just like wrestling.

Torn-Ado
08/12/2007, 12:01 AM
Liked the weigh in tonight. The two boys squaring up.

Oh marone! this is gonna be a screamer tommorrow night. Can't wait.

osarusan
08/12/2007, 7:19 AM
On the BBC, legendary trainer Angelo Dundee (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7134002.stm) says Hatton will lose, possibly on cuts.

shakermaker1982
08/12/2007, 9:58 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1598157390314167395&q=mayweather+dj+j-nice&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Mayweather tells it as it is.