PDA

View Full Version : A Very Irish Cup Final

Sniffer
04/12/2007, 6:48 PM
For anyone who fancies a read of this (http://walkthechalk.blogspot.com/)

dcfcsteve
04/12/2007, 9:09 PM
Football is always better in good, rather than bad, weather.

But if City and Pats could score 7 goals and serve-up one of the most entertaining finals in living memory last year - and all in worse meterological conditions than we had on Sunday - then blaming the weather for the quality of the spectacle does sound rather hollow.

sparkey
05/12/2007, 8:52 AM
Good article , well written Sniffer. One point to make, our late presidents name was Peter Keenan not Peter kenny as stated in your piece.

pete
05/12/2007, 3:10 PM
But if City and Pats could score 7 goals and serve-up one of the most entertaining finals in living memory last year - and all in worse meterological conditions than we had on Sunday - then blaming the weather for the quality of the spectacle does sound rather hollow.

Weather conditions were worse last Sunday - RDS is very open & it was icy cold. If memory serves me the gale actually create a couple of goals - i think 1 corner went in directly?

dcfcsteve
05/12/2007, 4:42 PM
Weather conditions were worse last Sunday - RDS is very open & it was icy cold. If memory serves me the gale actually create a couple of goals - i think 1 corner went in directly?

You've effectively mentioned that the weather was worse last year. You had rain on and off - we had it constant and driving last year, with a vicious gale

Nonesense about the weather creating any goals though - none blew in from corners. The goals overall were very good despite the weather. You're probably thinking about a headed City goal form a corner (our first equaliser...?)

Rocky77
05/12/2007, 4:57 PM
I was at both games, and last year's weather was way worse.