PDA

View Full Version : Who's interested in the job??

nui-harp
04/12/2007, 3:31 PM
Who is 100% interested in the Irish job.....ie has come out publicly ans said yes. I dont remember O Leary saying he was interested, open to correction here.

Deckydee
04/12/2007, 3:35 PM
Greame Slowness, Very Terribles and Roy Lodgeson

Scram
04/12/2007, 3:41 PM
Who is 100% interested in the Irish job.....ie has come out publicly ans said yes. I dont remember O Leary saying he was interested, open to correction here.

Not 100% but I'd consider it if the perks added up.

RogerMilla
04/12/2007, 3:43 PM
aarie haan has applied as has howard kendall today i believe.
can someone put a list together?

Sligo Hornet
04/12/2007, 3:47 PM
Surely in football terms 100% is insufficient...........don't they have to give a minimum of 110%!!;)

eekers
04/12/2007, 4:48 PM
half the population of the country would love the job but that doesnt mean anything. just because say they;re interested doesnt mean they should be considered. so this thread is irrelevant.
ramos didnt tout himself in the media etc before tottenham went out and got him
it shouldnt be best cnadidate that wants it, it should be the best candidate thats approached and agrees a deal

OwlsFan
04/12/2007, 4:50 PM
Stephen Kenny, now he's been sacked by Dunfermline.:o

citizenerased
04/12/2007, 5:17 PM
way hay ...a manager who is failied in the scotish div 1

NeilMcD
04/12/2007, 6:33 PM
I am interested in the job.

eekers
04/12/2007, 6:44 PM
I am interested in the job.

what your championship manager record like?
or have you not managed since the 90s cause thats alright too.

keegans_perm
04/12/2007, 8:04 PM
as far as i can see the usual motley crew of has beens (venables, fat ron atkinson, joe kinnear )etc never will bes (sounness, aldo,o leary) etc and chancers (houllier, dalglish)etc are being touted for the job....none of these clowns were considered for crap clubs like wigan,birmingham or bolton recently so why should we consider them??? i think the job should be given to liam brady, i know things didnt go well for him at celtic but celtic were in turmoil when he was there... arsene wenger said he would do a brilliant job foor ireland and that will do for me as i think wenger is the most intelligent man and manager anywhere in world football

eekers
04/12/2007, 8:08 PM
wenger advised eriksson to bring walcott to the world cup.
what else is wenger gonna say, "no brady (who works for me) would be a ****e manager." of course hes gonna say he'd do a great job. wenger hasnt seen an ireland game since ireland france a few years ago.
and venables definitately should be in the chancers group above!

NeilMcD
04/12/2007, 8:48 PM
as far as i can see the usual motley crew of has beens (venables, fat ron atkinson, joe kinnear )etc never will bes (sounness, aldo,o leary) etc and chancers (houllier, dalglish)etc are being touted for the job....none of these clowns were considered for crap clubs like wigan,birmingham or bolton recently so why should we consider them??? i think the job should be given to liam brady, i know things didnt go well for him at celtic but celtic were in turmoil when he was there... arsene wenger said he would do a brilliant job foor ireland and that will do for me as i think wenger is the most intelligent man and manager anywhere in world football

How is Brady a better option than Hodgson.

eekers
04/12/2007, 8:57 PM
How is Brady a better option than Hodgson.

the manager of a premier league club said so. all hail the premier league

Stuttgart88
04/12/2007, 9:18 PM
I don't think Brady is better than Hodgson but I'm nowhere near as negative on Brady as many. Celtic played fabulous football at times, showing that he is capable of getting his coaching opinions across, albeit at day-to-day club level. He's far more experienced now.

shaneker
04/12/2007, 10:20 PM
I would like to officially declare my interest in the vacant Republic of Ireland managers job, as I believe my record of 9 ELOI titles, 7 FAI Cups, 1 UEFA Cup and 1 UEFA Champions League titles in 12 seasons in Championship Manager 03/04 with Cork City makes me more qualified than Steve Staunton ever was.

I expect the call from the FAI shortly.

osarusan
04/12/2007, 11:04 PM
I would like to officially declare my interest in the vacant Republic of Ireland managers job, as I believe my record of 9 ELOI titles, 7 FAI Cups, 1 UEFA Cup and 1 UEFA Champions League titles in 12 seasons in Championship Manager 03/04 with Cork City makes me more qualified than Steve Staunton ever was.

I expect the call from the FAI shortly.

"Dear Mr Kerins,

We would like to thank you for your interest in the position of manager of the Irish senior team. We were impressed by your experience and history of successful campaigns and see you as a valuable candidate. However, given the strict RRS policy which the FAI operates, we are unable to invite you for interview.

This reply has been sent by letter rather than by telephone as we have recently adopted a policy of not making or answering any calls whatsoever, except tregarding Terry Venables.

We will you the best of luck in your future career.

Yours sincerely,

John Delaney"

shaneker
04/12/2007, 11:28 PM
"Dear Mr Kerins,

We would like to thank you for your interest in the position of manager of the Irish senior team. We were impressed by your experience and history of successful campaigns and see you as a valuable candidate. However, given the strict RRS policy which the FAI operates, we are unable to invite you for interview.

This reply has been sent by letter rather than by telephone as we have recently adopted a policy of not making or answering any calls whatsoever, except tregarding Terry Venables.

We will you the best of luck in your future career.

Yours sincerely,

John Delaney"

Dear Mr Delaney,

Whilst I will not disguise my disappointment at failing to gain an interview, I do admire your firm commitment to an Anglo-centric managerial search and applaud your explicit refusal to examine the credentials of anybody born from anywhere other than within these islands. Whilst my own disappointment may be shared by milliions of Irish fans worldwide, I rely on your proven experience to neglect the genuinely best candidate and appoint whosoever shall best fulfil your 'yes sir, no sir' policy.

I truly believe that you, the FAI, has the best interests of the Ireland fan at heart and will be watching with great anticipation to see which English or Irish has-been you will choose to take our proud team forward into the European unterworld currently occupied by such legendary football powers as Wales, Lithuania and FYR Macedonia. For you, in spite of all reasonable opposition, shall lead us to obscurity, and make us the laughing stock of Italian, Bulgarian, Cypriot and Georgian football.

I thank you for your prompt reply,

Shane Kerins
(Who truly believes what he has just written)

eekers
05/12/2007, 12:13 AM
i think you're too hasty with that rejection now that ray houghton is on the selection committee. He's worked with sports interactive games for th elast few years as a consultant on football manager. i think he appreciate a good fm2008 cv.

shaneker
05/12/2007, 12:22 AM
I'm back in the frame, lads!

BobbySands
05/12/2007, 12:43 AM

I agree with this. Give Brady a chance. A smart football man who is genuinely interested. Instrumental in the development of the Arse Academy which is astounding.

CollegeTillIDie
05/12/2007, 7:39 AM
Well people without a Pro Licence no matter how many FM trophies, or real ones for that matter, they may have won, need not bother their rock and roll applying. They would not be permitted to take up the job, sorry to inject a hint of realism into this interesting piece of whimsy :)

RogerMilla
05/12/2007, 8:27 AM
I agree with this. Give Brady a chance. A smart football man who is genuinely interested. Instrumental in the development of the Arse Academy which is astounding.

I dont agree we have already gone down the former legend with scant experience in management route, bradys stints at brighton and celtic rule him out , if we want a director of football or development then he would be in the frame for sure.