PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Kenny Sacked

Pages : [1] 2

Mr A
04/12/2007, 2:47 PM
See HERE (http://www.dafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FNewsDetail/0,,10288~1183057,00.html)

So who'll move for him? Derry? Cork? St Pats? Galway United? Athlone Town? Someone else? Certainly puts pressure on the current managers, knowing that someone so highly rated is available.

Blue-Army
04/12/2007, 2:50 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Cork...Can't see him going back to Derry anyway..

scottish_bohs
04/12/2007, 2:56 PM
It's been coming... some of Dunfermline's results of late have been shocking. I thought they'd walk the 1st division after the way they ended last season.

Will he definitely move back to Ireland or do you think there's a chance he'll try and get a job in Scotland??

Flexy
04/12/2007, 2:57 PM
I don't see why he wouldn't return to Derry, PAts will be the favourites to get him. Ive a feeling Robbo will go for the job he only lives down the road from Dunfermline anyway.

Steve Bruce
04/12/2007, 2:59 PM
If he bides his time, Glentoran will soon hit a rocky period and the current manager will be sacked in february/march time.

Flexy
04/12/2007, 3:00 PM
Do you think a Scottish club will touch him after all this. The players obviously weren't playing for him at the Pars.

Flexy
04/12/2007, 3:02 PM
If he bides his time, Glentoran will soon hit a rocky period and the current manager will be sacked in february/march time..
With their game in hand they will be ahead of you, and even further ahead after BOXING DAY

dcfc_1928
04/12/2007, 3:04 PM
He'll not be back at Derry, but hopefully his assistant Declan Devine might be tempted home.

Arguably Decky was a bigger loss to the club than SK.

Mr A
04/12/2007, 3:04 PM
With their game in hand they will be ahead of you, and even further ahead after BOXING DAY

I don't think Glentoran's record on Boxing Day is too hot! Can't see Kenny going to the Irish League though.

Dodge
04/12/2007, 3:05 PM
he's not going to the Irish league ffs lads, so leave your club v club ******** out of it

Rocky77
04/12/2007, 3:05 PM
I don't see why he wouldn't return to Derry, PAts will be the favourites to get him. Ive a feeling Robbo will go for the job he only lives down the road from Dunfermline anyway.

He's an ambitious guy, so in his head I'd say that going back to Derry would seem like a personal failure to him. He's too cute to accept the poisoned chalice of working under Kerr at Pats.

Looks like Cork. They'd be well met, he always tries to instill an "us versus them" mentality which I think would appeal to Cork fans.

Calcio Jack
04/12/2007, 3:21 PM
He's finally being found out for the spoofer he is....

Flexy
04/12/2007, 3:25 PM
He's finally being found out for the spoofer he is....
Hows he a spoofer - idiot

Krstic
04/12/2007, 3:26 PM
I'd have the spoofer back tomorrow if we could get shot of the spoofer we have at the moment.

Graemerz
04/12/2007, 3:26 PM

Oh ffs. That was hilarious. :D

drinkfeckarse
04/12/2007, 3:30 PM
There is zero chance of any job in Scotland after what has happened to him this season and probably the UK so he'll be homeward bound alright. Could be interesting over the next couple of weeks but obviously Cork looks as if it's a possibility.

gustavo
04/12/2007, 3:33 PM
There is zero chance of any job in Scotland after what has happened to him this season and probably the UK so he'll be homeward bound alright. Could be interesting over the next couple of weeks but obviously Cork looks as if it's a possibility.

I'm not so sure about that , I'd say he has a chance with some other UK club

MariborKev
04/12/2007, 3:35 PM
Pats.

ForzaHoop
04/12/2007, 3:56 PM
Wonder what Club he will come back too, CORK CITY maybe:eek:

McIntyre will be in charge against Clyde at East End Park this Saturday.

A statement on the club's official website continued: "DAFC will now take time to interview and appoint a new permanent head coach over the next few weeks.

"Stephen Kenny's record at Dunfermline included taking the team to two cup finals within a year of him arriving.

"Unfortunately, his league form - just eight wins in 39 league matches - led to him losing his managerial position.

"The heavy defeats, at home to Hamilton, away to bottom of the table Stirling Albion and then at home to Livingston led to the DAFC board to voice their support for their manager.

"Unfortunately for all concerned, the inability to change the outcome of results has meant that the club have now moved to replace him."

niallsparky
04/12/2007, 3:57 PM
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=78329

pete
04/12/2007, 4:08 PM
He is finished in Scotland.

If Rico is not manager at City next season I think Stephen Kenny would be strong possibility.

Aaron
04/12/2007, 4:10 PM
He's an ambitious guy, so in his head I'd say that going back to Derry would seem like a personal failure to him. He's too cute to accept the poisoned chalice of working under Kerr at Pats.

Looks like Cork. They'd be well met, he always tries to instill an "us versus them" mentality which I think would appeal to Cork fans.

Would he want to work under a DOF again though?

pete
04/12/2007, 4:12 PM
Would he want to work under a DOF again though?

There is no guarantee Rico will get DOF role over new manager.

Aaron
04/12/2007, 4:23 PM
There is no guarantee Rico will get DOF role over new manager.

I know that but would he want any DOG undermining his role as manager, he I would assume would want full control of the playing side and signings etc..

OneRedArmy
04/12/2007, 4:37 PM
Mods move to world football please.

Fingers crossed for Declan Devine.

Mr A
04/12/2007, 4:44 PM
Why would it be in world football? This news has obvious implications for the managers and clubs in the league after all, especially with Rico's position being officially unclear and Robertson's looking pretty dodgy too.

Jerry The Saint
04/12/2007, 5:12 PM
I know that but would he want any DOG undermining his role as manager, he I would assume would want full control of the playing side and signings etc..

I don't think he'd mind Rico - his bark's worse than his bite.

OneRedArmy
04/12/2007, 5:56 PM
Why would it be in world football? This news has obvious implications for the managers and clubs in the league after all, especially with Rico's position being officially unclear and Robertson's looking pretty dodgy too.Does it really? It that like chaos theory or something?

Last time I checked Dunfermline was in Scotland.

Whenever Kenny states his interest in coming back it becomes an Irish football issue.

SPXcyan
04/12/2007, 8:26 PM
I just hope he comes back to the league of Ireland..

Martinho II
04/12/2007, 9:25 PM
i would love to see spock manage da town again if matthews goes!!

Aaron
04/12/2007, 9:44 PM
Rumours on Pie&Bovril that Robertson is to be appointed Dunfermline manager on 3 year deal.

cestlavie
04/12/2007, 10:31 PM
Cant see him going to Derry, Derry cant approach a new manager until they get 100% confirmation that Robertson Is not coming back for legal reasons or Robertson would end up looking for full contract pay off. A manager In a job that Is!

Calcio Jack
05/12/2007, 7:31 AM
Hows he a spoofer - idiot

Well for example as recently as last w/end he was saying how he expected the team to win their next 7 games... still maybe he'll be proved right except he won't be managing them:D

dcfc_1928
05/12/2007, 8:28 AM
In all honesty, what would you expect him to say.........?

Well for example as recently as last w/end he was saying how he expected the team to win their next 7 games... still maybe he'll be proved right except he won't be managing them:D

Mr A
05/12/2007, 8:38 AM
In all honesty, what would you expect him to say.........?

I always expect him to say "Live Long and Prosper".

sliced pan
05/12/2007, 8:52 AM
I think he's an over rated manager had a good run with Derry who had a good team anyways, he should go back to Bohs.

Mr_T
05/12/2007, 8:55 AM
Pats.

Yip, bye bye Johnny Mac I'd say.

scottish_bohs
05/12/2007, 9:48 AM
he should go back to Bohs.

We have a manager already.

Sonic
05/12/2007, 11:49 AM
He Is Comin Back To Where It All Began For Him Presuming Matthews Goes Of Course;)

Dodge
05/12/2007, 12:00 PM
He Is Comin Back To Where It All Began For Him Presuming Matthews Goes Of Course;)

What would matthews leaving Longford have to do with kenny coming back to his first League of Ireland managing job

Macy
05/12/2007, 12:40 PM
Pats it is so...

AustinoAsprilla
05/12/2007, 1:00 PM
Pats have a manager too. Took a team that just survived relegation to second place the season after. Why would we want Kenny?

Dodge
05/12/2007, 1:07 PM
Pats have a manager too. Took a team that just survived relegation to second place the season after. Why would we want Kenny?
Because he's a better manager than McDonnell. no question

However I was just having ajoke at Sonic's "coming home" line, seeing as Kenny started his LOI playing and amanging career at pats, and has never denied his affection for the club

amaccann
05/12/2007, 4:20 PM
Would Derry fans welcome him back if he were to return?

OneRedArmy
05/12/2007, 4:21 PM
Would Derry fans welcome him back if he were to return?Mixed, unsurprisingly.

cestlavie
06/12/2007, 7:42 PM
Robertson has no Intentions off staying In Ireland, the Derry board have to wait until he confirms this! Perhaps, He is looking to be paid off as he lines up some other position but ITS NEARLY 100% CERTAIN HE WILL NOT BE THERE NEXT YEAR. The sooner the better Its resolved so everybody at the club can plan for the year ahead. The board and backroom team are Itching to get next years team organised. They have not got much time as there are very few players around. Ideally, they would like to have been preparing next years team back in August. I'd say Derry will approach another Prem division club about there Manager and It will not be Harps, so all Harps fans can rest In peace.

sligoman
06/12/2007, 8:00 PM
I'd say Derry will approach another Prem division club about there Manager and It will not be Harps, so all Harps fans can rest In peace.Feck off away from the Showgies:mad:

BleusAvantTout
06/12/2007, 10:28 PM

You know nathin about Norn Iron futball don't ya??? :D

BleusAvantTout
06/12/2007, 10:33 PM
I was speaking to a Derry work colleague last Monday and he said the word on the street was that Kenny - the over achiever - is returning to the Brandy!!!

MariborKev
07/12/2007, 7:14 AM
I was speaking to a Derry work colleague last Monday and he said the word on the street was that Kenny - the over achiever - is returning to the Brandy!!!

Unlikely.