PDA

View Full Version : Katy French

Pages : [1] 2 3

joeSoap
04/12/2007, 12:23 PM
I'm not opening this thread for arseholes to throw their two pence worth in, and please let there be no mindless speculation as to what may or may not have caused her illness.

I just think its very very sad to see a young girl like her in this condition. She hasn't regained consciousness since Sunday night and there are fears now that even if she does pull through, that there will be some brain damage.

I wish her, and her family all the best in this trying time.

Magicme
04/12/2007, 12:25 PM
Its shocking really. Just as her career was really on the up. Get better soon Katy.

Dodge
04/12/2007, 12:28 PM
I'm not opening this thread for arseholes to throw their two pence worth in, and please let there be no mindless speculation as to what may or may not have caused her illness

Read a few shocking comments already on other forums.

good luck to the girl

cheifo
04/12/2007, 12:28 PM
It doesnt matter what happened to make her ill,just turned 24 really hope shes recovers.

paul_oshea
04/12/2007, 12:33 PM
i dont mean to sound thing, but there are probably lots of people in this situation or have been. what is the need to open a thread for someone just cos they are famous?! or because you dont want to bash her?! ( I dont know her and I have no opinion on her, I might add )

Id feel fake saying whats been said here as i dont know her, but anyone in the condition that she is in is terrible and you would feel for them at such a young age - and her family and for that i hope she recovers.

I dont know exactly what happened is she just in a coma then? ITs hard to wish someone well when ye dont know exactly whats wrong with them :(

Angus
04/12/2007, 12:35 PM
Yes, agree with the 2 posts.

I don't know her and have only seen her on TV. We all make character judgements based on media personae, which are generally misplaced.

Hope she gets better - and would do so if she was a factory worker from Location X with no media profile.

Shocking really, and just heightened because of her fame.

Dodge
04/12/2007, 12:48 PM
what is the need to open a thread for someone just cos they are famous?
Its on the front page of every Irish newspaper POS. As above, your personal feelings aside, it is in the news

Ringo
04/12/2007, 1:13 PM
I find the level of hatred towards her unbelievable. She's a young girl, fighting for her life. God love her family.Its nothing to do with her being famous. The speculation of how it happened is a great side show for the tabloids.

Sheridan
04/12/2007, 1:21 PM
TBH, joeSoap, I wouldn't have started this thread if you were trying to avoid ghoulish speculation and the like, which it's bound to attract. I'm sure most of us, myself included (she seems like a nice girl), wish her well and hope she recovers, regardless of what people may think of her celebrity. There's not a whole lot more than that to be said until there are any further developments.

I've been pretty taken aback by some of the crass innuendo in the papers, but that might be a discussion for another time.

max power
04/12/2007, 1:34 PM
Its shocking really. Just as her career was really on the up. Get better soon Katy.

what is her career exectly ??

even the national broadcaster were jumping to conclusions last night as well.

I wish her well.

Magicme
04/12/2007, 1:58 PM
A model.

noby
04/12/2007, 2:37 PM
This is an odd thread, and I tend to agree with Sheridan, and somewhat with POS.

inexile
04/12/2007, 3:50 PM
i hope she gets better and its prob naive of me to hope the cause of her illness is not the sinister one being bandied about but i really do.

a very pretty girl at the start of what could be a very successful career ill be keeping my fingers crossed

joeSoap
04/12/2007, 5:20 PM
This is an odd thread, and I tend to agree with Sheridan, and somewhat with POS. The reason I opened the thread is because its topical, she is pretty much a celebrity, and is pretty much all over the media. I'm presuming that a thread can be of interest to people without having to descend to slagging off what is obviously a very sad, tragic situation.

Schlooooomp
04/12/2007, 8:27 PM
The speculation of how it happened is a great side show for the tabloids.

You can't expect to be able to control the media when you court it at practically every opportunity like Katy French did. She has done well from her media exposure previously and now the media are getting their payback, my point is crass and insensitive but that is the way it is.

dfx-
04/12/2007, 8:36 PM
Though I don't like particularly like saturated coverage of anybody - particularly celebrities, I still don't see what justifies the reaction that she has got.

CollegeTillIDie
04/12/2007, 8:40 PM
Something very untoward has occurred. I wish her a speedy recovery. 24 year old girls who are not obese are not exactly candidates for heart attacks. I speak from experience here I had three consecutive heart attacks at 40 and I was overweight and even that was a bit too early to be experiencing those. It's a long road back from heart problems and this will curtail all sorts of activities she has been seen to be enjoying in the not so distant past.

jebus
04/12/2007, 8:41 PM
Modern day celebrity, particularly that of the z lister, is crass and vulgar and meant to be a car crash. In that respect Katy French's illness and subsequent rumours (coming hot on the heels of her 'shocking' cocaine admission) thinks all the tabloid boxes so I'm surprised people are surprised they have gone that direction. Personally I'd rather she didn't die obviously, but I don't see why she warrants a thread, it's rock bottom tabloid comment and analysis come to horrible life on Foot as far as I'm concerned

Billsthoughts
04/12/2007, 9:24 PM
there is something a bit ghoulish bout all the snappers at the hospital. wish her and her family all the best.

cheifo
04/12/2007, 11:05 PM
Jebus I would'nt get too precious about the giving this matter its own thread.
Subjects discussed in off topic are hardly of earth shattering significance.

Raheny Red
04/12/2007, 11:28 PM
Well if this illness was brought on by herself and she does pass away I hope it gets many people to cop the **** on. Hope it has nothing to do with what may have been caused by herself and gains a speedy recovery.

jebus
04/12/2007, 11:38 PM
Jebus I would'nt get too precious about the giving this matter its own thread.
Subjects discussed in off topic are hardly of earth shattering significance.

Not getting precious at all, just noting it for the next time any of you start mouthing off about the Sun etc.

mypost
04/12/2007, 11:38 PM
It's got top news story on fun'n'frolics station TV3, for the last 2 nights. RTE by contrast, have shunted it well down the pecking order, where it should be.

Dodge
04/12/2007, 11:52 PM
Not getting precious at all, just noting it for the next time any of you start mouthing off about the Sun etc.

Yeah, its the exact same people :rolleyes:

jebus
05/12/2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah, its the exact same people :rolleyes:

Indeed and it is, you say she was on the front page of all the newspapers today, well to be honest she wasn't on the ones I read, just the red tops and the wannabe red tops, who people who follow the highs and lows of the Irish models keep in buisness

Dodge
05/12/2007, 12:18 AM
Indeed and it is, you say she was on the front page of all the newspapers today, well to be honest she wasn't on the ones I read, just the red tops and the wannabe red tops, who people who follow the highs and lows of the Irish models keep in buisness
YOu mean you don't read any irish newspaper?

And it doesn't really matter if you care about the girl or not.

Macy
05/12/2007, 9:05 AM
Surely it's only getting a bit more coverage than the kids down in Waterford got, and it's because of that case we're getting all the speculation?

Magicme
05/12/2007, 9:11 AM
Exactly, she is just getting that bit more coverage coz she is a well known face.

Jerry The Saint
05/12/2007, 1:27 PM
I don't see why she warrants a thread, it's rock bottom tabloid comment and analysis come to horrible life on Foot as far as I'm concerned

Why would you post (more than once) on something that you don't think is worthy of comment :confused:

ramsfan
05/12/2007, 1:52 PM
At The End Of The Day She Is Fighting For Her Life No Matter How It Happened And Her Family Will Ultimately Be The Ones To Suffer,such A Waste Of An Absolute Lasher

jebus
05/12/2007, 2:01 PM
Why would you post (more than once) on something that you don't think is worthy of comment :confused:

as usual the lack of actual reading on Foot appalls me. Read through my posts again sonny, they're actually about a completely different subject than Katy French, bar my one line about hoping she doesn't die. Still don't let that get in the way of Foot's own brand of one upmanship

paul_oshea
05/12/2007, 2:15 PM
Lasher, never heard that before. Heard the term "rasher" though being described before.....i must be out of Ireland too long :)

It must be very serious if there has been no change. her poor family. not being morbid but it appears at least, for a 24 year old she has done a hell of a lot more than most 24 yr olds.

Jerry The Saint
05/12/2007, 2:19 PM
as usual the lack of actual reading on Foot appalls me. Read through my posts again sonny, they're actually about a completely different subject than Katy French, bar my one line about hoping she doesn't die. Still don't let that get in the way of Foot's own brand of one upmanship

Nicely done, sir.

osarusan
05/12/2007, 2:20 PM
they're actually about a completely different subject than Katy French

Why are you doing that in a thread entitled "Katy French"?;)

Torn-Ado
05/12/2007, 2:21 PM
Who is Katy French?

Dodge
05/12/2007, 2:30 PM
Who is Katy French?

All you need to know about Kety French (http://www.google.ie)

paul_oshea
05/12/2007, 2:33 PM
she made google?! :8

see's it
05/12/2007, 2:45 PM
Who is Katy French?

daughter of dawn

pete
05/12/2007, 2:58 PM
I suppose the story of this girl in a coma is as newsworthy as anything else she has been in the newspapers for?

Raheny Red
05/12/2007, 9:50 PM
Surely it's only getting a bit more coverage than the kids down in Waterford got, and it's because of that case we're getting all the speculation?

I think one of them had their life support machines switched off last night, unfortunately I don't think this will change many people's attitudes towards coke!

Ceirtlis
05/12/2007, 10:19 PM
I think one of them had their life support machines switched off last night, unfortunately I don't think this will change many people's attitudes towards coke!

Yeah the fella had managed to beat lung cancer and all and he was only 21, a real waste. Not looking good for the other guy either i dont think.

anto1208
06/12/2007, 8:13 AM
I have'nt heard much on this waterford story anyone know what actually happened was it coke and speed mixed and they ate it because it was damp ? thats what i heard.

Magicme
06/12/2007, 8:17 AM
That seems to be it Anto. Think it was testicular cancer he had actually, but imagine the joy his family felt a few months back when he beat it and then he does something so selfish as take drugs? God it makes me angry.

True it wont stop many taking it but if it stops a few then some good will come from this mess.

As for Katy, they still havent confirmed if drugs were involved so its best to steer clear of speculation.

paul_oshea
06/12/2007, 8:35 AM
no, some dodgy stuff going round ireland at the moment, even at home from what ive heard. do the nike reverse "just dont do it"

Ceirtlis
06/12/2007, 11:50 AM
I have'nt heard much on this waterford story anyone know what actually happened was it coke and speed mixed and they ate it because it was damp ? thats what i heard.

There is a likelihood that they were taking other drugs as well as the cocaine but it was the eating it that forced them all to OD. Id say they took too much because when they ate it they didnt come up as fast as they would have if they had of snorted it and they took more. Its mental that 3 people ended up in a coma after it though from a group of 20 or 30. Cocaine is dangerous but it usualy doesnt have a casuality rate anything like that.

SaucyJack
06/12/2007, 12:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh48CcSXzIM

anto1208
06/12/2007, 1:31 PM
So it's ok to speculate on the circumstances of the guys from Waterford but not the "pretty young girl"?

Well in fairness it is fact that coke was involved , just not what else was mixed into the equation.

It makes me so angry when the drugs minister comes on and just completly ignores a call for a debate on drugs and brings out the same stupid old lines , just dont do it, drugs are bad mkay !!

kids are stupid and they all think "it wont happen to me" would legalisation and education do any good ? was it the way the coke was cut with other drugs that did it, if it was pure would it make any difference , these are questions that should at least be investigated.

Look at even the weed in Ireland and the UK now is being sprayed with a substance called silca by criminal gangs to increase the weight. This stuff has a similar effect on your lungs as asbestos and apears like crushed up glass in the bag, Yet is there any warnings put out by the goverment ? no they adopt there stupid if they are dumb enough to do it they deserve it attitude. The estimated 1/2 mill people that smoke in the country are going to be in big trouble in 5 years

Macy
06/12/2007, 1:44 PM
kids are stupid and they all think "it wont happen to me" would legalisation and education do any good ?
I'd contend it's because the kids aren't stupid - they know it's unlikely to happen to them. Was it 6 deaths in the last year I heard on the radio? Out of how many 1000 people a night doing the white line? Same as it was in the early 90's with the deaths due to pills, and the (well intentioned) campaigns on the back of them - millions were taking them, there were whole clubs full of people taking them. And yet the kids were/are expected to believe they were taking a massive risk every time as if they weren't intelligent enough to do the maths themselves.

You have to educate people about the risks, and then perhaps most importantly how to minimise the risks. After that it's people's choice. That's all you can do when society isn't prepared to legalise/ prescribe/ regulate and would rather wage an unwinnable war.

OneRedArmy
06/12/2007, 2:01 PM
Was it 6 deaths in the last year I heard on the radio? .12 this year so far was what was quoted last night, and that only refers to cocaine being mentioned specifically in relation to cause of death in the autopsy report presenting to the Coroners Court.

Therefore likely to be understated signficantly as only captures primary cases. Secondary effects (heart attacks, suicide etc) unlikely to be captured.

Prob best to split the thread at this stage.

Macy
06/12/2007, 2:04 PM
12 this year so far was what was quoted last night, and that only refers to cocaine being mentioned specifically in relation to cause of death in the autopsy report presenting to the Coroners Court.

Therefore likely to be understated signficantly as only captures primary cases. Secondary effects (heart attacks, suicide etc) unlikely to be captured.
Still compared to how many are taking it and how often it remains small compared, say, to alcohol related (which would also have secondary effects).

Prob best to split the thread at this stage.
I'd agree, the wider debate is probably more "Current Affairs" rather than "Off Topic"