PDA

View Full Version : Using the FM editor....

Graemerz
04/12/2007, 11:24 AM
Just wondering if anyone has tried the FM editor. I’ve created an All-Ireland League using the NI League format. Wouldn’t it be great if it was like this irl.

The Premier League is:-

Ballymena United
Bohemians
Cliftonville
Cork City
Derry City
Drogheda United
Dungannon Swifts
Glenavon
Glentoran
Linfield
Newry City
Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers
St. Patricks Athletic
Portadown
UCD

First Division:-

Bray Wanderers
Cobh Ramblers
Coleraine
Crusaders
Dundalk
Finn Harps
Galway United
Institute
Larne
Lisburn Distillery
Longford Town
Waterford United

Second Division :-

Armagh City
Athlone Town
Bangor
Donegal Celtic
Kildare County
Kilkenny City
Limavady United
Limerick 37
Loughgall
Monaghan United
Shelbourne
Wexford Youths

gustavo
04/12/2007, 12:13 PM
Any chance of making that db available ?

Graemerz
04/12/2007, 12:17 PM
Any chance of making that db available ?

I can try... It's not perfect though...

Sheridan
04/12/2007, 12:28 PM
It would be a hell of a lot easier to just do it yourself, Gustavo. Uploading FM databases is a bit of a nightmare. I haven't got FM 2008 yet, but it should be a simple enough process, I'm sure Graemerz could guide you through it. Basically consists of opening the editor and switching clubs between leagues, I imagine. You could probably do it in fifteen minutes even if you'd never used the editor before.

Graemerz
04/12/2007, 1:12 PM
Yeah Sheridan is right it is easier to do it by yourself. As long as you use have the correct amount of teams in the playable leagues then you can more or less add and remove any clubs from any league in the game. However in my previous game I moved Linfield into England's League Two and the NI League no longer worked... maybe it folded? Didn't think the game was that realistic though... :D

Raheny Red
05/12/2007, 10:03 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tried the FM editor. I’ve created an All-Ireland League using the NI League format. Wouldn’t it be great if it was like this irl.

The Premier League is:-

Ballymena United
Bohemians
Cliftonville
Cork City
Derry City
Drogheda United
Dungannon Swifts
Glenavon
Glentoran
Linfield
Newry City
Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers
St. Patricks Athletic
Portadown
UCD

First Division:-

Bray Wanderers
Cobh Ramblers
Coleraine
Crusaders
Dundalk
Finn Harps
Galway United
Institute
Larne
Lisburn Distillery
Longford Town
Waterford United

Second Division :-

Armagh City
Athlone Town
Bangor
Donegal Celtic
Kildare County
Kilkenny City
Limavady United
Limerick 37
Loughgall
Monaghan United
Shelbourne
Wexford Youths

HA! I'll look forward to my successive promotions :cool:

gilberto_eire
06/12/2007, 1:07 AM
UCD in the Prem ahead of us?! :O

Aberdonian Stu
06/12/2007, 9:48 AM
Not to try and start a fight with a Galway fan but if I were to do an editor of a version of a game out now it would be based on the 2006 season finishing rather than 2007 as the data for the 2007 season wouldn't be in it yet.

Dodge
06/12/2007, 12:00 PM
Not to try and start a fight with a Galway fan but if I were to do an editor of a version of a game out now it would be based on the 2006 season finishing rather than 2007 as the data for the 2007 season wouldn't be in it yet.

PLus UCD have established themselves as a premiew team. if I was picking 8 premier teams I'd go with the list above

Réiteoir
12/12/2007, 3:20 PM
I did try this with 06 and 07 and it didn't work and crashed out on me due to club movements conflicting with - of all things - the Setanta Cup.

DmanDmythDledge
12/12/2007, 3:22 PM
I did try this with 06 and 07 and it didn't work and crashed out on me due to club movements conflicting with - of all things - the Setanta Cup.
Which UCD are always in for some reason.

Réiteoir
12/12/2007, 3:29 PM
Anyway - I've abandoned FM08 due to it being a steaming pile of Shelbourne - and have rediscovered the joys of FM07 - and my Bohs dynasty - in which a Roman Abramovich type figure (let's call him Ruaidhri Adamson or something similar) has come into the club with a big cash injection - allowing me to obtain a star team of those high profile players around the world who have abandoned the money grabbing scourge of the big leagues and wanting a more "down to earth" experience :D

Aberdonian Stu
12/12/2007, 3:57 PM
Yeah I'm seriously considering doing a UCD game where a mysterious investor, let's call him Stu of Aberdeen, comes in and does the same thing.

Graemerz
17/12/2007, 10:50 AM

It's working in 08 however still haven't completed a full season. I'm into March. Setanta Cup is working however it's completely messed up with only 4 teams in it. 2 groups of 2 teams playing each other SIX times. So basically you play the same team 6 times in a row :D Other than that it's ben pretty good and much more challenging. Derry currently lead Droheda by a single point. St Pat's are 3 points behind and Linfield (who I'm managing) are 4th with 5 points behind. Derry look hot to do the treble after already bagging the League Cup and are in the semi final of the Irish Cup.