PDA

View Full Version : Reid

Neil
14/08/2001, 8:24 PM
This guy Reid (http://www.sports.com/irl/football/news/2001/08/14/sIRL01OTk3ODAyOTMyMw.html) seems legit. Hope he doesn't get dragged into the mess Morrison has created.

Pauro 76
15/08/2001, 1:27 PM
Sounds a bit like when Ryan Giggs played for England U-16s and then declared for Wales.. nothing wrong with that. At least Reid didnt feel right when he played for England, which is more than you can say for Morrison. Hope he makes a name for himself tonight.

pete
15/08/2001, 2:09 PM
Still seems a little suspect to me. McCarthy seems to have far too cosy connections with Milwall.

Reiad played 2nd division football last year. OK so hes played many u-21 games but i can't ever remember him promoting a player of similar standard like this before.

Its not as if Ried or even Morrison will get a game before the end of the year & thats what McCarthy should be preparing for. He should be playing people in or around the fringes of the 1st eleven.

Daxion
15/08/2001, 5:57 PM
I saw him play against Cyprus U21 & Estonia U21 games away, and in the Cyprus game he tended to drift out of the game long periods of time. He took a free kick from about 35 yards out, he has one hell of a shot, the Goalie needed "ice" to cool his hands down.
In the Estonia game is was very impressive. West Ham's Sean Byrne played him into the game more and he looked very effective and his cross field distribution was impressive, something Brazilian about those cross field passes.
IMHO I hope he makes the grade.

Imagine Gazza could have played for us, NO F**KING THANK YOU

The horror of the thought, Nightmares,Nightmares,Nightmares.................. ....

gustavo
16/08/2001, 2:05 AM
i thought reid was quiet enough tonight showed a few good touches but i felt he didnt get involved enough
stan was immense tonight fair play to him

on tonights performance who do ye think shud b upfront if quinn isnt fit for it?
id say macarthy wud go for duff upfront cos he wants to accomodate kilbane but it wud b dangrous to have duff upfront with keane i wud place morrison up with keane even tho it goes against everything ive said on this forum
but if quinnos fit he has to play!
at least we create plenty of chances from midfield anyway and with macphail back that shud give us plenty of creative options rather than carsley who is the very definition of a carthorse journeyman footballer

Pauro 76
16/08/2001, 1:51 PM
Is it a coincidence that Reid plays for Millwall... and hes only played one 1st Division game too and he gets straight in the team. Try at least players that are actaully going to be involved vs Holland... Well done to Staunton though, hes shut a lot of people up last night. Dunne was a bit suspect though.