PDA

View Full Version : Tiresome fiascos

Risteard
03/12/2007, 2:49 PM
Statement on http://www.corkcityfc.ie
Waffle.
Saying that its up to Rico whether he wants to renew his contract is lies as a new postition is not a renewal.
I'm not a fan of Arkagas 'sell the soul of the club for marketing' strategy but I've no problems with some of the contract developments (baby Lordan, Lally and BOC leaving, more incentivised contracts)
Besides disastrous Stan-like cases, you should have a replacement lined up before sacking him imo.

Dodge
03/12/2007, 3:15 PM
" ...we understand that statements can be made that are not factually correct. Apart from four players that Damien Richardson indicated that he did not want re-contracted all other players have been offered significantly improved contracts with higher basic wages and uncapped performance related bonuses which have the potential to more than double their current wage. The vast majority of players have accepted their new contracts and the only reason four players are currently out of contract is that they have not yet accepted the offers on the table....

In ongoing discussions with Damien Richardson we have indicated that Cork City Football Club intents to appoint a Director of Football and that that person will determine the club’s future footballing needs. Damien has however indicated in meetings with us that he has received offers from other clubs. Obviously it is up to Damien to decide whether or not to accept those offers or to look to renew his contract with Cork City and we will continue to discuss this with him."

So thats settled then. Nobody is unhappy at all

depor
03/12/2007, 4:54 PM
i feel that it is history repeating itself here. once again the good fans of city are being taken for a ride, its happened over the years with the other big cork clubs. andd thats wwhy them clubs are gone despite having massive support, 15 to 20 thousand at games. people like arkaga squeezing the life out of it.

one thing i cant understand is why arkaga not securing their investment by not addding to the squad, cut backs and all that. what was said in the echo last week is tripe, ''we're budgeting for a loss'' that is an early warning that they will not be spending any more. the bizare thing is that they then said on the same report that they are looking for green field sites, how in gods name can they afford that if their at a loss.:confused:

Risteard
03/12/2007, 5:56 PM
There was a lot more tripe spoken in that interview.
Publishing it next week instead would have been the least Arkaga could have done.

Shelsman
04/12/2007, 12:47 PM
Only in Cork .....

:rolleyes:

:D

Honestly, Rico is a legend and they'd be mad to get rid of him. If they're making a loss I'd have no problem with them trimming the squad but keeping / bringing in the highest quality. The financial reality of the league is biting all clubs now, so everyone is having to spend within their means.
Drogheda buck the trend because they are putting a lot of money in that they are getting from investors which is not coming from gate receipts or sponshorship etc.

Dodge
04/12/2007, 1:06 PM
Sweet sweet irony

pete
04/12/2007, 1:28 PM
My take on...

* Rico is still the manager as he does not have a written contract
* Rico was previously offered the Director of Football role but it was conditional on him bringing a replacement manager (Scully was looked at 2 years ago)
* Rico wants the DOF role but does not want to take it conditional on himself finding the replacement (he feels that is not his job)
* Arkaga want the DOF to find the new manager
* Rico offered Director Youth role but tunred it down
* Players offered basic increase in salaries but better performance related bonuses.
* 4 players will be released.
* A few remaining players offered contracts but either not signed or want to negotiate.