PDA

View Full Version : Poland

danonion
02/12/2007, 11:45 PM
I live in New York, but I'll be on the old sod for December/January and I've a standing invite to visit (a very attractive female in) Poland. Has anyone ever gone in the winter? What's the best way to get to Poland from Ireland (price/performance here) and how tough is it to negotiate ones way to the south of poland without the language.

Green Tribe
03/12/2007, 9:05 AM
wizzair,ryanair, centralwings, should all fly to Krakow or Katowice from Dublin, depending on where in the south you are going that should be the best. Would not recommend the trek from warsaw down south in winter unless you really want to.
language won't be a problem, majority of young people speak very good english but knowing a few words would be nice esp thank you etc.
Usually get a good price, but booking now for Christmas time flights will probably be expensive.

DaveyCakes
03/12/2007, 11:39 AM
Language isn't be a probem in large cities, but could be outside them. I was in Gdansk a few weks ago and had no problems, but a few hours to the east, forget it, I had to resort to my bad German to be understood.

Flights will probably be expensive until after the first week or so in January.

danonion
04/12/2007, 6:14 PM
Thanks for the info, I'd probably not get out till a week or two into January so I'll look into the prices.