PDA

View Full Version : damn...

hyundaidriver
02/12/2007, 8:02 PM
It could have been there for the taking if we had more depth available and a bit of luck... but the better team on the day won.

Still - enjoyed the day out - could be the last big one for a while :(

Where to from here, I wonder?

atfconline
02/12/2007, 8:06 PM
Where to from here, I wonder?

Limerick, Monaghan, an open field down in Wexford.......

Pauro 76
02/12/2007, 8:21 PM
That linesman wants shooting. Such a shame our season had to end like this. Well done to the singing section though, a great atmosphere. And to that little pr!ck who hurled plastic bottles on to the pitch from the singing section, shame on you.

ramsfan
03/12/2007, 1:39 AM
yeh an open field in wexford that has awind blowing across it that would make mick wallaces hair stand on end. the coldest ground in ireland:)

Maz
03/12/2007, 2:50 AM
What a morning, what a day, what a night, just in and school in the morning. Well done to the lads and to Alan Matthews, spoke to him and he was more than grateful for all the support.....heres to gettin back up to where we belong!

Ash
03/12/2007, 10:21 AM
Just caught the 2nd half of the game on telly, but why was Mooney taking corners
near the end? I'd have thought he should have been in around the box trying to
nick a goal?

sligoman
03/12/2007, 12:39 PM
Unlucky lads. Ye started better and probably shaded 1st half. Mostly Cork in the 2nd half though. Surprised at Cork though, they usually play it on the ground and pass it about, mostly hoofing it yesterday.

Highlight for me was getting to meet/shake hands and get pic taken with Ian Wexler's father, what a guy:D.

RonnieB
03/12/2007, 12:42 PM
Damn indeed. Dying of a headcold as well!

Fair play to the six sligo lads showing their support. Id say you will hang that picture in a proud place to admire Sligoman :D

Pauro 76
03/12/2007, 1:54 PM
That was a rare bright spot of the day for me, the Wexler tribute. Fair play Sligo lads! saw a few of the UCD boys there too... good to see the usual people again. Randomly saw the highlights of the game on Sky Sports 1 this afternoon in a shop window over here! the atmosphere came across very well and credit to us and the cork lads too..

Sonic
03/12/2007, 2:39 PM
We were all over them first half in my opinion. But alas didnt take our chances and I said it at the time to one of the lads that we WILL lose once Baker went off. Shame because I thought it was there for us:(

John83
03/12/2007, 3:14 PM
That was a rare bright spot of the day for me, the Wexler tribute. Fair play Sligo lads! saw a few of the UCD boys there too... good to see the usual people again. Randomly saw the highlights of the game on Sky Sports 1 this afternoon in a shop window over here! the atmosphere came across very well and credit to us and the cork lads too..
Schumi and I were there, but quickly decided that blagging our way into the roofed section was preferable to getting rained on.

Longford did well, but Cork were always going to score with a ball over the top or an angled pass - their forwards were too quick.

Kudos to Pat Sullivan, one of my favourite UCD judi/alumni, for giving me something to cheer about with those heavy tackles, even if they cost him in the end.

Martinho II
03/12/2007, 9:13 PM
Unlucky lads. Ye started better and probably shaded 1st half. Mostly Cork in the 2nd half though. Surprised at Cork though, they usually play it on the ground and pass it about, mostly hoofing it yesterday.

Highlight for me was getting to meet/shake hands and get pic taken with Ian Wexler's father, what a guy:D.

was watchin the highlights earlier on.. it was funny when wexler came on and you hear all the chantin fo wexler but it didnt come from us!:)

seen ye lads at the start of the game marking yer tshirts!!!:cool:

feo123
03/12/2007, 10:50 PM
pitty ye couldnt take one of those chances in the first 20 minutes or so, ye were well on top, but couldnt really get a foot-hold in the game after that, cork passed ye to death in the 2nd!
i thought if longford used the left wing more often in the last 35 minutes they would have won 2 or 3 one. Wexler was immense when introduced, should have been starting, and made captain also.

sligoman
04/12/2007, 10:08 PM
Picture of flare in Longford section (http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/sligoman/CupFinalDay2007031.jpg).

Martinho II
05/12/2007, 8:50 PM
that flare was right behind me! talk about being scary! hopefully we will have more of that next year wheerever you may be!

Keen2win
06/12/2007, 4:00 PM
Nice article in the News Marty. :)

Martinho II
06/12/2007, 8:51 PM
cheers keen2win! my pleasure! majority written with a very sore head on mon mornin! also did an interview with niall halligan of the longford leader on section o (name got mentioned).

max power
06/12/2007, 9:05 PM
cheers keen2win! my pleasure! majority written with a very sore head on mon mornin! also did an interview with niall halligan of the longford leader on section o (name got mentioned).

is he still around;):D

Martinho II
06/12/2007, 9:10 PM
neill halligan was writing for the leitrim observer/post for the last few years. but he has moved back to longford and is a key factor in the leaders increased and welcomed coverage of us since him and denise o flaherty came on board!

Pauro 76
07/12/2007, 11:23 AM
Here Marty could you keep us a copy of the News? Ah I remember the days I used to work there.... Special Correspondent if we were stuck for a filler article!

town73
07/12/2007, 1:13 PM
is he still around;):D

he is!

Martinho II
08/12/2007, 11:25 AM
Here Marty could you keep us a copy of the News? Ah I remember the days I used to work there.... Special Correspondent if we were stuck for a filler article!

no probs pauro a nice stapleton double with the longford news!:eek:

deecay
17/01/2008, 3:31 PM
Would like to thank Martinho and his friend who wares the 3/4 lenghts for being made very welcome at the final and our many trips over 2007.

See ye soon,Section O will live to fight another day:D

Martinho II
17/01/2008, 8:30 PM
thanks for the compliments deecay!!! all part of the pr movement in section o!:D

deecay
17/01/2008, 11:15 PM
Whats your friends name,is he on this?

Martinho II
19/01/2008, 7:24 PM
im not sure what person you are on deecay?? describe him again to me !!

sligoman
19/01/2008, 7:45 PM
im not sure what person you are on deecay?? describe him again to me !!The fella that's always with ya marty, ye take flags down together and that!

Martinho II
19/01/2008, 8:16 PM
ah thats adrian massop no he doenst post on this forum... he was at the fans forum today though....