PDA

View Full Version : Foot.ie Challenge Cup

Ref
24/05/2003, 1:27 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
The Foot.ie Challenge Cup seems to have created it's own comfy arse-shaped impression on the site now, which is pretty cool. If the site keeps growing at this rate, there's no doubt in my mind that not long from now we'll need a dedicated forum to accomodate what will almost certainly grow into a mini-league from which we'll be able to field an all-star team that will be a strong contender in the First Division.

Ok, maybe not, but it still deserves a sticky, so Ref is going to update this regularly with the score of the last game and the location, kickoff and lineups for the next game. He's also suggested that €10 from each game - the balance left over from six-a-side - will go towards the running of the site, which I'm certainly not going to complain about and very much appreciate. Ref will fill in the rest of the blanks when he gets a chance.

Could everyone who wants to be on the squad for the Foot.ie Challenge Cup games for the summer please PM me.

Mods
1 Colm
2 Eanna
3 GWA
4 Neil
5 James
6 Pete
7 sadloserkid

Non Mods
1 Ref
2 Shedite
3 SÓCcfc
4 Real ale madrid
5 Tom Peppers
6 Soko
7 Shed End John
8 Rob
9 Pablo

FOLKS, CAN YE PLEASE DELETE THE POSTS BELOW MINE.

I want to keep this thread just for dates and details of matches and for reports on matches.

The pre and post match slagging can be discussed elsewhere.

cheers.

The next match: Cork City v Longford

[b]
Saturday 5th July
Leisureworld, Bishopstown
2:00pm kick off sharp.

Cork City
James
Colm
Ruairi
Eanna
GWA
SOCcfc
Neil

Mgr: Joe

Longford

mgr=

Referee: ref

5 v 5 at all times.

And as you might have guessed by the colours above, Cork City will wear green, Longford will wear red.

so can ALL of the cork city team wear green this time please!

(don't post below please)

Ref
28/05/2003, 10:29 AM
Cork City 11 - 3 U.C.D

1 - 0 ruairi
2 - 0 colm
3 - 0 ruairi
4 - 0 GWA
5 - 0 GWA
5 - 1 pineapple stu
5 - 2 @ndy
6 - 2 ruairi
7 - 2 ruairi
7 - 3 pineapple stu
8 - 3 colm
9 - 3 ruairi
10 - 3 eanna
11 - 3 colm

the match eventually got played as UCD took to the pitch a whopping 22 minutes late. so late were they that joe and eanna had to pick them up from Centra on thre Curraheen Rd.

anyway, the game was just a little one sided as the effects of the previous night were taking their toll on the UCD team.

some of the cork city team had been perfecting their skills and organising team tactics with the use of a Pringles can in the early hours of the morning and you could see the effect it had because once they started scoring goals they just couldn't stop!

the substitutions by the city team giving every player a break while the students played through the sweltering heat with just the five.

SOCcfc very kindly went over to the college team as their fifth man when one of their players limped out to keep the teams level, well numbers wise anyway.

i'll give ruairi man of the match cos he scored loadsa goals.

@ndy tried hard for the students but eh pitch, drink, ball, sun, heat, drink.......

next match is Cork City v Longford

:cool:

Schumi
10/06/2003, 1:05 PM
Originally posted by Ref
Cork City
James
Colm
Ruairi
Eanna
GWA
SOCcfc

Mgr: Joe

U.C.D.
pineapple stu
schumi
@ndy
player 4
player 5

Player mgr: pineapple stu 6 on 5?
Same old City, always cheating!

pineapple stu
10/06/2003, 6:41 PM
Originally posted by Ref

(don't post below please)

You fool Schumi! :eek: Now I can never be Springfield beauty queen...I mean...play against Cork on Saturday!;)

You can add Aberdonian Stu and Bald Student onto that team as well. I've e-mailed Lefty to see if any of his lot are heading down. Waiting on reply, but we have five at least anyway.

dahamsta
10/06/2003, 7:04 PM
Ref, can you not edit the top post? If you can, why not just stick the next match(es) in there?

adam

Pablo
10/06/2003, 7:57 PM
Theres a touch of Gunther going on about that team ;)

pick the best players. not your buddies :D

Neil
10/06/2003, 8:05 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
pick the best players.
Thanks Pablo!
Where's my name?

Colm
10/06/2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Where's my name?
Yeah slight error there Ref,

Cork City

James
Colm
Ruairi
Eanna
GWA
SOCcfc
Neil

Now that's it, team decided. You must have played in two or more foot.ie challenge cup games to qualify for the team and not have put your name down for a game which you didn't bother to turn up to, eh Pablo?!

shedite
11/06/2003, 6:42 PM
I'm unavailable anyway but I think it should be three mods and three nonmods. In fairness, it has been shown emphatically that we are far superior. Throw Pablo, Mr.Peppers, or scoooooooooty down there....

Ref
14/07/2003, 12:44 PM
monday july 14

so far we've collected €20 for adam.

it's not a so lets try and reach €50 by end of August.