PDA

View Full Version : dinner dance

hillman
02/12/2007, 10:27 AM
what a poor night the food the service the hall were very very bad.Paid 60 euro for crap .poster said a draw for prizes but asked to put your name on a tenner to enter draw and also took 260 people out of town:(

MojoPin
02/12/2007, 10:37 AM
ah stop.. food was **** your right but that wasnt the point they cant control that and its already been discussed about having it outside of cobh nowhere was available simple as so why not thank everyone involved i personnaly hope its the first of many

hillman
02/12/2007, 10:40 AM
it was a rip off surely the hotel were asked prior could they handle the crowd

hillman
02/12/2007, 10:44 AM
keep things local the club are depending on people from the town and yet 260 went out of town.the gaa had theirs in town this year with far more at it

ramblers
02/12/2007, 10:45 AM
The food was very very poor the service I mean what service.

I think this was unfortunate I expected something better then what was received. I am sure no one could have forseen this.

Well done to those who organised the event as I belive these things were outside their control.

hillman
02/12/2007, 10:48 AM
yes well done to those who tried to organise it but plan it a bit better next year

MojoPin
02/12/2007, 10:53 AM
hill man to be honest now... stick to your gaa so no point coming on here just to begrudge... ill say it once more the dinnerdance culd not have ben held in cobh there was no available venue.. and i agree the service was **** but go onto the clarions website and tell them, heres the general managers email, csheil@clarionhotelcorkcity.com tell him... anyway why not suggest 5 valid points on how to make next years better...

i can think of none bar the fact that it should be held in cobh but it wasnt possible this year

hillman
02/12/2007, 11:04 AM
made my feelings known last night to the manager as the so called meal was on and so did a lot of other people im not alone in this.this forum is to let everyone know. one for next year no false advertising a tenner to enter a draw that on the poster was part of the 60 euro

MojoPin
02/12/2007, 11:08 AM
i honestly didnt see the poster so i cant comment.. 60 euro s expensive and im a student thats a hell of a lot for me but its a fundraiser for the cllub

hillman
02/12/2007, 11:10 AM
you seem to know who the manager is but you didnt see the poster ha ha

MojoPin
02/12/2007, 11:13 AM
went onto the website and found his email just a few minutes ago. and i didnt see the poster there was very little advertising as it sold out immediately

hillman
02/12/2007, 11:18 AM
on the door in fanatics saw it friday

luka
02/12/2007, 12:13 PM
Lads,

We'll all have different views on the night. Personally, I had one of the best nights out I've ever had. I think we should be congratulating those who took time out to organise the event. Venues in Cobh weren't available so it was taken outside of the Town. My food was fine and the beef was cooked to perfection in my opinion. The only thing that annoyed me about the night was that there was uniformed Security inside the function room, which in my opinion was a bit over the top to be honest. It made me feel very uncomfortable, but other than that it was a great night. Well done to Leslie and John is all I can say.

bellavistaman
02/12/2007, 12:20 PM
Thought the food was grand. What a night IMO, cut the negativity as Hendo said it was brilliant to see us all out there in our suits, fantastic night, Leslie and John have done a fantastic job,id like to thank them for it, band were brilliant, transport was bang on time top notch they did ieverything in there powers to make it a great night, which it was IMO, i enjoyed it anyway so **** the rest of ye,:D , we never had such a formal event, couldnt have dreamt of. Well worth the 60 euro

Rams-07
02/12/2007, 12:30 PM
Have to agree with most of what Bellavistaman said..Great work by the organising committee(take a bow Leslie and John)..Buses were bang on time,band were great.Hazel Stanton was fantastic.Food could have been a lot better but that was outside John and Leslies control but I`m sure they will let The Clarion know our views.
As for the draw I didnt see any posters so I cant say whether there was a free draw or not.
Great atmosphere and great value for money.
Well I`m off to cure myself now..:cool::cool:

outside in
02/12/2007, 12:53 PM
ah stop.. food was **** your right but that wasnt the point they cant control that and its already been discussed about having it outside of cobh nowhere was available simple as so why not thank everyone involved i personnaly hope its the first of many
well said...i had a great night .great table good banter good beer all adds up to a great night

bellavistaman
02/12/2007, 12:54 PM
poster said a draw for prizes but asked to put your name on a tenner to enter draw and also took 260 people out of town:(

stop how the club meant to raise funds like.

outside in
02/12/2007, 1:00 PM
yes well done to those who tried to organise it but plan it a bit better next year
wat part of "out of their control " dont u understand .i think they should get a pat on da back and a drink at da bar.all their own free time to get it done and they got it done well they did

bellavistaman
02/12/2007, 1:02 PM
couldnt bel9ieve ramblers had a dance with 250+ people including john delaney whos speech was top class by the way what a man, himself barry and hendo came across very well. But lay off the hole dinner thing, if you didnt like you should become a chef.

hillman
02/12/2007, 1:12 PM
but i might be a chef and know what im talkin about and what about the local aspect of it all

6yardpunisha
02/12/2007, 1:19 PM
but i might be a chef and know what im talkin about and what about the local aspect of it all

what in gods name are you on about, and are you a chef or not, the suspense is killing me

The Rebel Ram
02/12/2007, 1:56 PM
couldnt bel9ieve ramblers had a dance with 250+ people including john delaney whos speech was top class by the way what a man, himself barry and hendo came across very well. But lay off the hole dinner thing, if you didnt like you should become a chef.

Could have been more, I was too late to get tickets................
Hopefully members should have tickets reserved for them next season, added incentive for purchase of a season ticket.

6yardpunisha
02/12/2007, 2:19 PM
what a poor night the food the service the hall were very very bad.Paid 60 euro for crap .poster said a draw for prizes but asked to put your name on a tenner to enter draw and also took 260 people out of town:(

horses**t

6yardpunisha
02/12/2007, 2:20 PM
it was a rip off surely the hotel were asked prior could they handle the crowd

na, 260 people just turned up unexpectedly

6yardpunisha
02/12/2007, 2:21 PM
keep things local the club are depending on people from the town and yet 260 went out of town.the gaa had theirs in town this year with far more at it

this debate ended 3 months ago

6yardpunisha
02/12/2007, 2:23 PM
made my feelings known last night to the manager as the so called meal was on and so did a lot of other people im not alone in this.this forum is to let everyone know. one for next year no false advertising a tenner to enter a draw that on the poster was part of the 60 euro

consult a solicitor if you feel that strongly

hillman
02/12/2007, 2:39 PM
you seem to be taking this personal,my opinion wont change a rip off crap food posters which mislead people

MojoPin
02/12/2007, 3:06 PM
im going down town in a hour im gonna go over to fanatics and see exactly where it says free ticket included in your 60 euro and if it does then maybe you have the right to complain....

hillman
02/12/2007, 6:39 PM
it really doesn't bother me if you find it or not i have every right to complain and as i said i'm not alone in this

6yardpunisha
02/12/2007, 7:09 PM
it really doesn't bother me if you find it or not i have every right to complain and as i said i'm not alone in this

go away

thegafferman
02/12/2007, 7:45 PM
you seem to be taking this personal,my opinion wont change a rip off crap food posters which mislead people

see you dont get out much........

6yardpunisha
02/12/2007, 8:43 PM
im going down town in a hour im gonna go over to fanatics and see exactly where it says free ticket included in your 60 euro and if it does then maybe you have the right to complain....

well mojo is he correct or what

gaffer33
02/12/2007, 9:28 PM

HILLMAN....Take a F***ING chill pill..i paid 120 euro for myself and my wife,no questions asked,fair enough the meal could have been better especially the turkey and ham,had the beef myself,but all in all a good night,finished back in the club,even cork city wouldnt get that,TEN EURO..i bet you didnt question a round of drinks(if you got a round) for the sake of a few euro for the club,YES FOR THE CLUB NOT THE HOTEL i don't think many would complain about 10 euro..at the end f the day it's experience for the organising committee..so plan ahead john and leslie for next year and f**k the begrudgers....IMO..

Comic Book Guy
02/12/2007, 9:36 PM
Hillman I see where your coming from re. the meal it wasn't great and there seemed to be an age between courses but I didn't care because it was a fundraiser for the club and I was with friend who all have one thing in common... a great love for Cobh Ramblers.
Well doe to John and Leslie who must have put in a huge effort and as previous posters said complain to the hotel and don't use it as a means to knock the club.

Rambler1
03/12/2007, 9:35 AM
Great night. Crack excellent...Well done to all involved for organisation.may we have many more like that.

hillman
03/12/2007, 10:20 AM
never my intention to knock the club just airing my view

don ramo
03/12/2007, 12:57 PM
well you shouldn't come on a ramblers forum for something that is a issue for the hotel, the club booked the venue as others were unavailable, not there fault the food wasnt good, out of there control, didnt get a ticket but was talkin to a load of people that went they said, bar the food, great crack, and back in the club till early hours,

also heard they auctioned off the new jersey signed by the team at it, anyone get a good look at it,

gee wizz
03/12/2007, 1:08 PM
was just on the web and no sign of the new jersey?the rams seem slow enough to get a photo out,i assume that the jersey cork city wore yesterday is the away jersey for the upcoming season,they seem to be well ahead on that front,they will sell a load fo them over the christmas period

luka
03/12/2007, 1:13 PM
was just on the web and no sign of the new jersey?the rams seem slow enough to get a photo out,i assume that the jersey cork city wore yesterday is the away jersey for the upcoming season,they seem to be well ahead on that front,they will sell a load fo them over the christmas period

Might have something to do with who the sponsor is for next year. Is it still Goodyear.............if not then not much point is getting the jerseys done until sponsorship is organised, confirmed etc. That's juts a thought by the way. Nothing concrete in that so don't anyone go starting a thread about us having no sponsor

6yardpunisha
03/12/2007, 1:25 PM
Might have something to do with who the sponsor is for next year. Is it still Goodyear.............if not then not much point is getting the jerseys done until sponsorship is organised, confirmed etc. That's juts a thought by the way. Nothing concrete in that so don't anyone go starting a thread about us having no sponsor

but you can see it happening

don ramo
03/12/2007, 1:44 PM
but did anyoe see the jersey they austioned off, i heard it was the one we'll be useing next year, is this true, im sure derek in fanatics has the design if it in the shop

gee wizz
03/12/2007, 1:58 PM
maybe luka or marco could get onto someone for a sample or catalogue picture of new home and away gear cant be that top secret,also spotted the hoodies on the web look nice and not too expensive to boot

luka
03/12/2007, 2:19 PM
maybe luka or marco could get onto someone for a sample or catalogue picture of new home and away gear cant be that top secret,also spotted the hoodies on the web look nice and not too expensive to boot

Marco'd be your man for that

luka
03/12/2007, 2:20 PM
but did anyoe see the jersey they austioned off, i heard it was the one we'll be useing next year, is this true, im sure derek in fanatics has the design if it in the shop

I don't recall the jersey being auctioned. I know there was a Sunderland and Villa one though

Rams-07
03/12/2007, 5:07 PM
Didnt see any Ramblers jersey been auctioned or raffled.You might want to check again with the person who told ya Don Ramo.

ramblers
03/12/2007, 5:15 PM
There was a picture first of a limited edition run of ramblers that was taken at the cork city game. There was no ramblers jersey!!

don ramo
03/12/2007, 5:37 PM
i seem to have been misinformed so, no bother, must get a look at the design at some stage,