PDA

View Full Version : New Official Site Online

luka
01/12/2007, 1:12 PM
Lads,

The new Official Site (http://www.cobhramblers.ie)is now online. Please note that information is missing from some sections and will be updated when same info is released, ie, the fixtures and new ticket pricing.

Squad and Who's Who penpics are also unavailable at this time. The EL Club section and Mailing List will be up in no time.

Important Note:

The Online Shop is currently only for viewing. You will be unable to purchase anything for the moment and all Kit there is 2007 issue.

On that note, I'll just mention that I'm totally flaed out from this and have been at it for the past 24hrs non-stop. If I wasn't going tonight I'd be straight to bed.

All feedback is welcome, but as I'm so tired, please be gentle.

Cheers

The Rebel Ram
01/12/2007, 1:21 PM
only getting the cover page.....................

luka
01/12/2007, 1:22 PM
Clear you Cache..........that cover pages is gone. I deleted it this morning so you shouldn't be seeing it

The Rebel Ram
01/12/2007, 1:31 PM
Sorted, congrats, looks very well..................great to navigate...............loads of info........
:D

The Rebel Ram
01/12/2007, 4:51 PM
Great work on the site Luka.
Great to have it delivered on the day promised, goes against all previous Ramblers traditions:p

Small negative for you, if you go into the shop or the Gallery there is no 'Home' button to navigate beck to. I had to have something to whinge about:)

Well done though, well laid out and easy to find info other than that, keep it up..............:)

don ramo
01/12/2007, 5:03 PM
good work luka looks better with more info on it, than the draft anyway,

will you be redirecting from the .com site to the new one as people will still be loging onto that one,

was wondering of you could put the club crest on the address bar if possible, if you can, if not no bother, it looks class,

must give you photos alright, i have about 400 odd, so a nice selection, all of the ground id say:D

atfconline
01/12/2007, 5:20 PM
Great job, much more consistent look and feel to the site.

If I could make two suggestions though.....

First one is to open the photo gallery and club shop pages in a new window. You have no navbar on them, so instead of having to keep pressing the back button to get back to the main site, you should just open it in a new window. Then when you get back to the main site, you just shut down the gallery/shop window. Any external links like to here or loi.com should also open in new windows so you don't give away your visitors to other sites.

Second one is, I would go with a much stronger header/banner across the top. Your crest and your name should be right across the top of each page. If you want to keep using the image fader, at least work the crest and club name into it like www.dundalkfc.com and www.kildarecountyfc.com. Personally I'd get rid if it altogether, but that's just my personal taste.

As already mentioned, the home link is missing off a couple of pages, and on your el links page, the stylesheet isn't working.

Other than those few little things, its fantastic, best of luck with it.

don ramo
02/12/2007, 1:16 AM
Great job, much more consistent look and feel to the site.

If I could make two suggestions though.....

First one is to open the photo gallery and club shop pages in a new window. You have no navbar on them, so instead of having to keep pressing the back button to get back to the main site, you should just open it in a new window. Then when you get back to the main site, you just shut down the gallery/shop window. Any external links like to here or loi.com should also open in new windows so you don't give away your visitors to other sites.

Second one is, I would go with a much stronger header/banner across the top. Your crest and your name should be right across the top of each page. If you want to keep using the image fader, at least work the crest and club name into it like www.dundalkfc.com and www.kildarecountyfc.com. Personally I'd get rid if it altogether, but that's just my personal taste.

As already mentioned, the home link is missing off a couple of pages, and on your el links page, the stylesheet isn't working.

Other than those few little things, its fantastic, best of luck with it.

dont agree with that as you have already typed in cobhramblers.ie so you know where you are, no point in plasterin it all over the gaf,
but open link in new windows, good idea that way you keep the site on in either the tab or window ,
well luka get typein:D

Cici900
02/12/2007, 8:25 AM
Well done luka super site!!!

gufcfan
02/12/2007, 8:32 AM
good job, well done. looks nice.

agree with what atfconline said but personal preference probly.

he's right about new window thing though...

Rams-07
02/12/2007, 12:33 PM
Its a credit to you Luka well done.Keep up the good work!

Rambler1
03/12/2007, 9:16 AM
Well done Luka nice job.

don ramo
03/12/2007, 3:59 PM
animated crest looks good luka, nice work,:)
i will be buggin you all year with new ideas:D

rambler14
05/12/2007, 9:52 PM
When will we be able to buy merchandise from the new site luka?

luka
06/12/2007, 7:46 AM
When will we be able to buy merchandise from the new site luka?

I honestly can't answer that at the minute I'm afraid. Certain things need to be done in the background at Committee level to make this work. As soon as I know I'll post it here

bellavistaman
06/12/2007, 3:48 PM
any pics from dinner dance for social & events section

luka
06/12/2007, 3:54 PM
any pics from dinner dance for social & events section

I forgot to bring my camera and Kevin didn't have his either. I'm sure Paul had his one though but never fear...................I have arranged with Inside Cobh to get all their's from the night. Soon as I have them I'll get them on the Gallery.

bellavistaman
06/12/2007, 4:18 PM
let us know if our when there should be some good shots, same people aways make the mag though.

luka
27/12/2007, 10:20 AM
Have added the Pen Pics to the First Tean squad list. I will update it further when I've received more movement information.

Have also added some of Don Ramo's photo's to the Gallery. Will also add the Heno interview when I get ithe sheet back.

bellavistaman
06/01/2008, 7:42 PM
whats the story with right-click being disabled and not being able to save the pictures from matches anymore?

bellavistaman
24/01/2008, 10:00 PM
Could you maybe put something about davin on cummins on trial up on the website, its something to be proud of like.

luka
25/01/2008, 7:44 AM
whats the story with right-click being disabled and not being able to save the pictures from matches anymore?

That was requested by the Club Photographer and the Club I think. All photographs put into the Gallery become copyright of CRFC

Could you maybe put something about davin on cummins on trial up on the website, its something to be proud of like.

You write the article so Bella and send it to me.

don ramo
25/01/2008, 12:30 PM
That was requested by the Club Photographer and the Club I think. All photographs put into the Gallery become copyright of CRFC

You write the article so Bella and send it to me.
except mine:cool:

ya bella lets see your skill

bellavistaman
25/01/2008, 1:43 PM
eh, did i sign up to run a rams newsletter, dont think socopy and paste from echo or something.

don ramo
25/01/2008, 1:52 PM
eh, did i sign up to run a rams newsletter, dont think socopy and paste from echo or something.

its something to be proud of:D;)

luka
25/01/2008, 1:58 PM

Newsflash Bella. Neither did I. I only put on the site what's sent to me. Find me an article on the subject and I'll put it there

bellavistaman
25/01/2008, 4:54 PM
if your running a website its your job to put things up.

ramblers
25/01/2008, 4:57 PM

Luka it must be great to have a boss I hope Bella pays you well for your work:D

bellavistaman
25/01/2008, 5:03 PM
so your tellin me if i want to see an article about the lads i have to write it myself

don ramo
25/01/2008, 5:04 PM
so your tellin me if i want to see an article about the lads i have to write it myself

just copy it and pass it off as your own, its just like school:D:cool:

luka
25/01/2008, 5:58 PM

For a 'job'you get paid Bella. I have no 'job'at Cobh Ramblers and am under no obligation to source third party articles. The Ladies, CPO, U21 and Underage Sections take care of their own input into their respective sections, but whether they actually do it or not isn't my concern. I take care of updating the main news section when people submit news, match reports etc.

Nope!!. Rather than trying to be outspoken about it and posting the above comments here, you could easily have sourced the article and PM'd me the link to it. So no point trying to make an issue out of it now is there? Now. I have othet business to take care of.

bellavistaman
26/01/2008, 12:00 AM
Just my view take it easy

luka
26/01/2008, 3:00 AM
Just my view take it easy

Just clarifying things for you really. Anyway, I dis a search for an article and couldn't find it. Sometimes what you see in print isn't always online though.

I still have that A5 photo from you but haven't basically haven't been out since the 96fm game

luka
26/01/2008, 6:02 AM

done.............

Sniffer
26/01/2008, 8:47 AM
Much improved, well done and welcome to the Premier Division;)

bellavistaman
04/06/2008, 12:39 AM
this photo seems to be very in appropiate, although i can see the funny side of it being honest but im sure others wont. Could be classed as being slightly offensive like

http://www.cobhramblers.ie/gallery2/details.php?image_id=627&sessionid=4q54grejibmkr59iceqitmec87

Redshanks
04/06/2008, 9:19 AM
Did you just sort that out for Bella after that big (sort it out yourself rant) Luka -ya Pussy?

luka
04/06/2008, 9:22 AM
this photo seems to be very in appropiate, although i can see the funny side of it being honest but im sure others wont. Could be classed as being slightly offensive like

http://www.cobhramblers.ie/gallery2/details.php?image_id=627&sessionid=4q54grejibmkr59iceqitmec87

????????????????

bellavistaman
04/06/2008, 5:21 PM
????????????????

Class