PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Crisps

Ash
26/05/2003, 1:56 PM
Continuing along the favourite junk food/sweets line of thinking ...

Favourite Crisps

for me its gotta be

1. Rancheros
2. Joint 2nd place between Skips and Waffles

In the olden days top marks went to Whellies for 10p :D

James
26/05/2003, 2:12 PM
Dorrrrritoooes :)
phure deacent like :)

max power
26/05/2003, 2:12 PM
back in the good old days there were tomato ketuchp crisps around, theyt were the bomb !!!!

any flavour wuold do me, i live on crisps, but if a favourite was to be named it would be king (nothing to do with noel ) cheese & onion

sadloserkid
26/05/2003, 2:13 PM
Ash you looper!

Tayto Cheese & Onion. The original and best. No competition!

Ash
26/05/2003, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by the dj
a favourite was to be named it would be king (nothing to do with noel ) cheese & onion

Aye, Cheese & Onion King are tasty but can you get them
outside Scrublin :confused:

max power
26/05/2003, 2:25 PM
well i bought them in longford a few weeks ago, they are now owned by tayto and have the same delivery system nationwide, but how about the cheap ones, meanies, chiktees, hot lips and anyone from longford who went to school in the town has to remember ma reillys in donlons mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dahamsta
26/05/2003, 2:47 PM
McCoy's Rock Salt. Mmmmm..

adam

Colm
26/05/2003, 2:57 PM
Meanies, Burger Bites, Snax, Hula Hoops.

Ash
26/05/2003, 3:02 PM
How could I have forgotton about Burger Bites - quality!

Not convinced by Hula Hoops or Snax though, I get sick of
them very quickly! Never had any time for Monster Munch
either, for the same reason - but then again Im just a fussy fcuker

Ref
26/05/2003, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by Ash
How could I have forgotton about Burger Bites - quality!

quality?

:rolleyes:

max power
26/05/2003, 3:06 PM
colm you are a man of taste by mentioning burger bites your place at the top of crisp knowledge is forever safe !!!!!!

SÓC
26/05/2003, 3:08 PM
I'd go with any form of ready salted crisps like Red Walkers or Red Hula Hoops.....however...

The ultimiate crisps on the planet are of course Bacon Fries

Macy
26/05/2003, 3:08 PM
1) Wheelies
2) Waffles
3) Walkers Ready Salted

pete
26/05/2003, 6:04 PM
Any Crisps with MSG in them (which means most).

Some deal on the chunky McCoy ones a few weeks ago & they were seriously addictive.

Had a few packs of Tayto recently & easy to see how Walkers & others are killing their market share.

gustavo
26/05/2003, 8:34 PM
suprised no one has mentioned Pringles, however this does raise the pertinent question which i would be willing to diiscuss with any of the good forum members as to whether pringles are indeed a crisp or merely a potato based snack . If they can indeed be classified as being in the "crisp" category i would .like to nominate the brand known as "Sour Cream and Onion" as being a particualr favourite of mine.

EireBadBoy
27/05/2003, 5:04 PM
Pringles are indeed Crisps and Damn tasty one's at that!!! Salt and Vinegar are the best..........Leading me to the King of Crisps......Salt and Vinegar Disco's, MMMMMM!!!

Chesse and Onion Tayto are second.

dahamsta
27/05/2003, 5:14 PM
Haven't seen Discos in years. Used to love them.

adam

max power
27/05/2003, 5:17 PM
they are all over the place, they are made by kp and are quite tasty

tiktok
27/05/2003, 10:13 PM
bar-b-q flavour hula hoops in the brown bag are addictive,

as a kid, used to love the 10p monster munch.

Pauro 76
29/05/2003, 8:13 AM
Tayto’s Cheese & Onion, original and best, no question! Not too mad on the Hunky Dory’s, but since Walkers came on the scene, ya remember in the good old days, Green packet of Hunky Dorys = Cheese & Onion, and Blue packet = Salt & Vinegar. Walkers have the opposite, (green = Salt & Vinegar, blue=Cheese & Onion). Damn you Lineker & Co., completely messing with our culture!!!

;)

blutil
29/05/2003, 12:05 PM
How about Sour Cream and Onion Ripples, they were way ahead of their time !!

http://www.cantrellandcochrane.com/img/pics/ripples.gif<--bag should be green

also what about chipsticks
http://www.cantrellandcochrane.com/img/pics/chipsticks.gif

hayser
31/05/2003, 2:23 PM
Definite monster munch or chili doritos followed by 7 up

btw ma reillys were the pheasants King crisps!:)

EireBadBoy
01/06/2003, 5:25 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
Tayto’s Cheese & Onion, original and best, no question! Not too mad on the Hunky Dory’s, but since Walkers came on the scene, ya remember in the good old days, Green packet of Hunky Dorys = Cheese & Onion, and Blue packet = Salt & Vinegar. Walkers have the opposite, (green = Salt & Vinegar, blue=Cheese & Onion). Damn you Lineker & Co., completely messing with our culture!!!

;)

Been down that road............Just tucking into the Blue Bag expecting a nice S&V Taste only to get the C&O instead, they're playing with my mind! :D

Dricky
03/06/2003, 10:13 AM
Sam Spuds