PDA

View Full Version : Technical Director And International Consultant

sparkey
30/11/2007, 10:16 AM
The FAI have a Football Technical Director (Packie Bonner) and an International Football Consultant (Bobby Robson). So whats so complicated about these two "football men" using there network of contacts to sound out and interview prospective candidates for the position of our new manager and then John Delaney being the third man and just sorting out the contractual issues (i.e. term of contrat and renumeration etc.) when Bonner and Robson have decided who the new manager should be. Therefore stopping this whole "selection panel" issue turning into the farce that it is fast becoming.

Student Mullet
30/11/2007, 10:19 AM
That wouldn't put enough distance between the decision maker and the decision.

OwlsFan
30/11/2007, 10:35 AM
Also I don't see Bobby Robson being able to hop on a plane to Finland (not mentioning any names in particular) to interview prospective candidates.

lionelhutz
30/11/2007, 10:50 AM
Also, the problem with that is Bobby Robson is getting on and has probably forgot alot of the knowledge he had, and Packie seems a bit slow to be honest.

I definitely wouldn't trust them to make the decision

Stuttgart88
30/11/2007, 11:01 AM
Would Bonner advocate someone like, for example, Houllier, who could question his ability as a Technical director?

I'm sure Packie's doing a fine job but he could feel threatened by someone like Houllier or a Hodgson type manager.

macdermesser
30/11/2007, 11:46 AM
I think Bobby has quit already