PDA

View Full Version : Correction

Gerry Desmond
14/08/2001, 1:53 PM
I know it's pedantic but I'd like to point out that Gunther is a name for German males whereas Gunter is merely someone who gunts. Obviously.
Gerry

Gerry Desmond
14/08/2001, 2:13 PM
...you get my emails recently, Scotty?
Gerry

Snatch
14/08/2001, 2:19 PM
Not to confuse the matter but there's a city regular known to me and my mates as "Gruntler". He always stands against the left hand railing (as you face the pitch) half way up the shed.

He is wihout doubt the grumpiest fan you'd meet. :mad:
He spends the whole game ranting about City, especially Morley who he hates. He has short black hair and a tash and always wears a Man United coat.

Has anyone else noticed the Gruntler?
If not you'll see and hear him on Sunday!:p

Neil
14/08/2001, 2:34 PM
I know the guy yer talking about. He happened to stand next to me in the Shed one day. Dunno who we were playing but he spent the game concentrating his abuse on a black player for the opposition and also our own Jimmy Mull. He was giving fierce abuse to Jimmy and people were turning around giving him dirty looks. Eanna was the only one who actually told him to shut up (fair play) and the response of the guy was that "you'll never get into any Night-Club in Cork again". He must be a bouncer, but I dunno how he's gonna patrol every club!

Then of course, after this guy giving Mulligan hell, Jimmy scored a cracker. People were looking around at 'our guy' kinda saying "Now look ye thick c.unt.." To which yer man responded.......

"I woke him up" !!!!!!!

Unbelievable! Look out for this ape with the tash, ye can't miss him.

Peadar
14/08/2001, 2:50 PM
...with my camera at the ready I'll try to get a good shot of him.
We could use it in the "Give Racisim The Red Card" campaign.
When I buy the club these kind of muppets will be in a sound proof glass case. I don't want any of you feeding them.

pete
14/08/2001, 3:25 PM
Does he look anything like this Ape (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news9/apes8.jpg)?

Definitely need to knock these apes off their hgh horses ;)

Peadar
14/08/2001, 3:29 PM
I can't see the ape?
Are you talking about this ape?
http://www.planetoftheapes.com/popup/desktop.asp?dName=sdktp_thade_1024

Snatch
14/08/2001, 3:46 PM
Spot on Neil, that was definately the Gruntler. He is indeed a bouncer. He kicked my brother out of a pub once. He beckoned us over to the side of the pub saying "Come here Iwant to talk to you boy". When we we got to him he swiftly opened a trap door and funted us out onto the lane. I've also seen the Gruntler driving a digger for the Council by day, looking as gruntly as ever.

For those who still don't regocnise the Gruntler, he's 35ish, tanned and unbelievably angry looking.

When you spot him in the Shed on Sunday do not approach him. He is dangerous:mad:

pete
14/08/2001, 5:38 PM
What niteclubs he work in?

Worked with a guy before who drove a JCB/Loadall & was a part-time bouncer before but would be barely early 30's.

Jim Smith
16/08/2001, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by scottyshedender
If so I think the problem lies with your thinking!
The problem lies with your lack of thinking.

Snatch
16/08/2001, 11:51 AM
Scotty, are you saying that the Exiles are right behind the Gruntler and his gruntly ways?
You obviously never stood next to him. He must be Citiy's worst supporter. Although he goes to every match he does nothing but shout abuse at every thing.

Try standing near him on Sunday and you'll soon realise why he's called the Gruntler.:mad:

James
16/08/2001, 11:54 AM
thats the problem, scoooty doesnt even go the games any more. he's too busy on his bar-stool. so he doesnt know like the rest of us how bad your man actually is

;)

Snatch
19/08/2001, 12:50 AM
Don't forget to look and listen out for the Gruntler at the Boez game.
He'll be leaning against the railling at the left hand side of the shed as you face the pitch. That black tash is unmistakable.

I expect to see some Gruntler reports here on Monday morning;)

City abu!