PDA

View Full Version : Vandalism of Youths Ground

passinginterest
29/11/2007, 3:33 PM
Looks like Sligo isn't the only place little idiots will vandalise a football ground:

MICK WALLACE’S Wexford Youth Complex was the target of vandals over the weekend.

In a conversation with the Echo he said: “I got a call on Sunday morning and went straight up there. Two windows were broken and two cars were broken into early that morning. It looks like whoever did it tried to steal the car stereos as the dashes were yanked out.”

Mr. Wallace said that he is unsure if anything has been taken yet: “I have not had a chance to go through the place properly but the amount of equipment that we have up there is negligible. I’d imagine that it was young people who were responsible.”

The altruistic developer said that the location of the sports grounds made the facility “vulnerable” to attack: “The grounds are out of the way so that could be a reason that it was targeted. It is disappointing to think that I am doing my best to provide a social outlet for Wexford and vandals try to destroy it. It’s a headache when it happens.”

The full story is here in the Wexford Echo (http://www.wexfordecho.ie/news/story/?trs=cwidaukfgb&cat=news)

Mick's politics showing again as he refuses to condemn the vandals, suggesting that in most similar cases the culprits come from under privileged backgrounds and promoting his facility as an answer to their problems.

pineapple stu
01/12/2007, 8:38 PM
Seems to be getting quite common of late. We had an incident as well during the season; think a couple of other clubs have suffered like this too.

ramsfan
03/12/2007, 2:45 AM
lovely ground cold as hell but lovely, same if scum bags with nothing better to do ruin that, catch the little sh*ts and give them a good thump might knock some senses into them:)

Lim till i die
04/12/2007, 12:38 PM
How goes the Planning Permission?? :rolleyes:

That's right, I'm just that cynical folks :)

Footsoldier
04/12/2007, 3:13 PM
The planning issues were addressed before this incident. Thanks for asking though.

Lim till i die
04/12/2007, 4:19 PM
The planning issues were addressed before this incident. .

Really? What Happened?

Thanks for asking though

Oh Please. Don't mention it.

Footsoldier
05/12/2007, 10:59 AM
Originally, Wallace had put forward his plans to fix the problems. However, the Council just rejected the retention application. Then when everything blew up, the Council came back to Wallace with instructions on how to fix the problem. Hay Ho, weren't they the same as what Wallace had originally said to them!

It seems to me that a lot of people from other clubs have something against the Hairy One. LTID, I'm not lumping you in with that group (yet!), but is it the LoI supporter's natural instinct to naturally think the worst of someone? Wallace has been involved in local soccer in Wexford for years. When I was U-18, he was over the county youth team. That was neary 15 years ago and he was involved well before that. He spent a lot of money developing the ground over the last number of years, when it would have made him a lot more money if he'd stuck a few hundred houses there instead. It's a shame that there aren't more like him in other clubs (maybe there are?). I think it's also a shame that people automatically think that he's in it for some personal monetary gain.

That's it - Rant over:mad:

Lim till i die
05/12/2007, 8:10 PM
It seems to me that a lot of people from other clubs have something against the Hairy One.

There's going to be bad blood if he keeps throwing his toys out of the pram when things don't go his way.

All the other clubs have to follow the rules so should he

Some of his rumoured carry on up in Dublin is ridiculous tbh and will cause ill feeling.

That's no one else's problem only Mick Wallaces quite frankly.

LTID, I'm not lumping you in with that group (yet!),

I love this "They're all out to get us mentality.

I see Dolan is worth every penny he's bleeding ye for.

Wallace has been involved in local soccer in Wexford for years. When I was U-18, he was over the county youth team. That was neary 15 years ago and he was involved well before that. He spent a lot of money developing the ground over the last number of years, when it would have made him a lot more money if he'd stuck a few hundred houses there instead. It's a shame that there aren't more like him in other clubs (maybe there are?). I think it's also a shame that people automatically think that he's in it for some personal monetary gain.

I don't care if he's building a solid gold orphanage out there, you can't put things up without planning permission.

His "don't you know who I am" attitude is infantile and offensive to someone like me who's club has had problems with planning in the past.

kopite
05/12/2007, 8:34 PM
we did have planning permission,but the lights were put 7m higher[for u.e.f.a. matches?].we went for retention on the same and it was refused.3 residents objected.its being sorted out the moment and should go through soon enough.the planning permission for the stand has gone in,its something on the lines of athlone towns,don't foresee any problems there.

Footsoldier
06/12/2007, 12:19 PM
LTID, is there an "ignore" button that I can use?

Dodge
06/12/2007, 12:35 PM
yes there is. Click on the poster's handle and you should have the option of adding somebody to your ignore list.

Lim till i die
06/12/2007, 3:52 PM
LTID, is there an "ignore" button that I can use?

Yep, just follow what the mod said.

Might want to ask around about the Wexford rumours though instead of firing your knickers at me.