PDA

View Full Version : This is interesting...

Colm
25/05/2003, 9:02 PM
An AFC Wimboldon fan attended the game the other night and has written an article on what he made of the whole Cork City experience, check it out here (http://repd.tripod.com/artic_cork.htm)

It's very interesting to get an outsiders perspective imo.

SÓC
25/05/2003, 9:17 PM
Isnt it nice to read a football fans perscpetive on Irish football rather than a Sky Subscriber's?

He makes some interesting observations, pity the Big flags didnt get much of a run out for him tho'.

Éanna
25/05/2003, 9:29 PM
very good piece. that should b made compulsory reading for all sky sports subscribers.

RedX
25/05/2003, 9:44 PM
It was nice to hear the views of a supporter from a different league about our club.Some of his views were interesting.Good to hear he liked our ground and thought the fans were noisy.Also interesting to see him comment on Shels attitude after conceding a penalty.There should be something done about that big time.

Colm
26/05/2003, 3:31 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
pity the Big flags didnt get much of a run out for him tho'.

He did get a picture of yours truly hanging up the other flags though.:)

James
26/05/2003, 3:37 PM
good find there colm
but where the hell did you find it?

Ref
26/05/2003, 3:42 PM
instead of watching games lashed with wet and windy weather in February, you can now watch games lashed with wet and windy weather in July.

:D :D

Colm
26/05/2003, 3:47 PM
Originally posted by James
good find there colm
but where the hell did you find it?

The guy who wrote it posted a link on Citynet but seeing as not many people look at Citynet I posted it here for the good people of foot.ie to see!:)

rep_dunford
26/05/2003, 4:32 PM
Aw, thanks guys :)

Glad everyone enjoyed the article (in case anyone saw a guy with a leather jacket on making sporadic notes and taking pictures at the Shed end last Friday, it was me)

Sorry I didn't pick up on the big flags, but I think the pics said it all

In case you're interested, I've approached the Irish Independent to write an article on why people in Eire should go out and watch an Eircom League game..

Cheerz once again

REPD

Shane
26/05/2003, 5:22 PM
Not sure about this 'Eire' lark though

max power
26/05/2003, 5:35 PM
have to say i enjoyed that, really liked the bit about the penalty

yan
29/05/2003, 10:14 AM
that was an excellent read,

shame he wasnt at the bohs game,can u imagine wat he would hav saying,

that was the perfect nite

Tom Peppers
29/05/2003, 10:30 AM
Shane i am sure if you have a look at the constitution that youll find a rule saying Ireland is now officially to be known as Eire. The only problem is the only people who bothered to take note of this rule were the English. Says something about the irish mentality nowadays for our history

Schumi
29/05/2003, 12:55 PM
Article 4 of the constitution
The name of the State is Éire, or, in the English language, Ireland.

patsh
29/05/2003, 6:14 PM
Also:

The Republic of Ireland Act of 1948 provides for the description of the State as the Republic of Ireland but this provision has not changed the usage of Ireland as the name of the State in the English language.

I think we just got an insight into your mentality, Tom !;)