PDA

View Full Version : CCFC Program

Neil
25/05/2003, 12:10 AM
Just wanted to say 'well done' to those involved in getting the new look program together. It's a good publication.

Always a couple of good articles, plenty of colour and the odd picture of fans (like the one with Bishop Buckley and one of the big flags) is a good touch.

The article by Jerry Kelly in yestrdays program was excellent.

Fair play to all involved.

Éanna
25/05/2003, 1:33 AM
yeah is lookin very good this season. fair play

Troy.McClure
26/05/2003, 2:16 PM
I was looking at it taday and compairing it with a Man U V Juventus one I have from earlier on this season and I have to say that there isnt a huge difference between them (although the MU one is bigger, but that would have to be expected). The only things that I thought City Edition could take from the Utd one was a) More interviews with the players (say a featured player each week) and b) a picture montage of the last few games, we kind of do this, but its more of a 'here's a pic from the X match' type thing.

its head and sholders above anything else Ive seen in this league though.

Dodge
26/05/2003, 2:18 PM
have they started doing anything on the away team or did they just leave out Pats?

joe
26/05/2003, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
have they started doing anything on the away team or did they just leave out Pats?

the first step to printing away team pen pics is the away team actually sending in the pics ;)

Dodge
26/05/2003, 2:31 PM
Apparently they did and following last years Pats programme's "Gunther's tactically retarded" they phoned to confirm they had received them and were told they had and they were "under consideration" Can you guess who Pats fans blamed? :)

joe
26/05/2003, 2:34 PM
what i think i remember hearing at the time was that the pen pics that arrived weren't exactly complete - considering ye only signed half yer current squad the week before the match :p , so a decision was made to just run with one-liners on the line-ups page rather than going with the full pen pics. as i said, i think that's what the story was at the time and, as always, i'm open to correction!

Dodge
26/05/2003, 2:48 PM
typical Dolan :D

The Donie Forde
27/05/2003, 4:23 PM
To be precise:
* Pats did send penpix.
* They were late arriving and pressure of space prevented their inclusion.
* The decision to run one-liners on the team lists page is a regular feature and was planned whether penpix are provided by the opposition or not.
* Apologies were sent by the CCFC editor to Simone Freeman for not including the penpix.
* Pat Dolan had absolutely no input into not including the Pats penpix.
* CCFC have 2 editors and the club allows them the responsibility for the material included. The team manager does not have a role in the programme other than writing his own message in each issue.
* The Pats penpix were not the only things held back from the first or subsequent issues due to lack of space.
* One article from a professional journalist was not used as it was considered unsuitable for inclusion. The same journalist was invited to contribute to another issue, but has not replied so far!

Thanks for the comments and please keep supporting the club by buying a programme on match day. Please also encourage others to do so, it helps make your club stronger. Hopefully, programme buyers end up being better informed about their own club also.

Donie

Dodge
29/05/2003, 8:47 AM
BTW it is by far the best programme I've seen (even with the lack of pen pics :) )

The Donie Forde
29/05/2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
BTW it is by far the best programme I've seen (even with the lack of pen pics :) )

Thanks, Dodge - good to hear that from an away fan. Maybe you might do the Pats penpix next time? ;)

Donie

paudie
29/05/2003, 12:26 PM
Yeah, the programme is excellent. Well done to all involved.

Having a full time commercial manager and office seems to be paying off as well.

The Sheliban
30/05/2003, 10:03 PM
Couldn't make the match last week, but Fintan gave me a programme tonight.
Have to say, its more like an international programme than a club programme. Very, very professionally done, and I was amazed at the amount of colour. Do your sales/ads cover the cost of producing it, or are you operating at a loss?
By far and away the best LoI programme I've seen for a long, long time, and I'm not just saying that, because I had a piece in it:p
Congratulations to all concerned. You have set a benchmark.

The Donie Forde
31/05/2003, 8:28 PM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1

Any programme guys got info on whether a profit is made????

Can't quote figures because I actually don't have them, but my understanding is that the programme has not yet reached the stage where a profit is made. Sales are not significantly up on last year and the advertising targets have yet to be met. If all of that improves then the programme could become a decent earner for the club.
But really it's the fans out there who never buy one who can make the biggest difference here. A small change of habit by enough people could genuinely help make the club a lot stronger financially.
I would appeal to anyone who normally doesn't get one to give it a try in the coming weeks. It's only €2.50 (€1.25 per week!!!).
We believe that for your €2.50 you will be entertained, informed and kept going for quite some time - no way could you read it through from cover to cover at a match. We believe City Edition is something that you can be proud your club is producing.
So, if you can, make the effort to support the programme. You will be directly supporting Cork City FC.

Thanks again for all the favourable comment. We'll do our best to keep the standard where it's at.

Donie