PDA

View Full Version : Last nights game...

RedX
24/05/2003, 9:02 PM
Its hard to know really where to start explaining last nights game against Shels.There were some good things but mostly bad things in a poor game against the league leaders.I know it was only one game and anyone can play poor every now and then but you would have expected a lot more from Shels would'nt you?.Its hard to understand how they are league leaders and one of the top teams in the country.We played poor for most of the game and still should have beat them.One thing that really gets to me every season Shels come down is the arrogance of some of there players.The carry on of Richie Baker in his retaliation against a city player having already won his tackle would have got him sent off in any other league in the world.I felt sorry for Jim Gannon who i thought could have just been yellow carded,but who am i to complain when there is an advantage given to my team.Jim Crawford is a different fish though,he is a troublemaker and definetly deserved to go.Another couple of right scumbags are Crawley and Heary,every year like clockwork they are always at it.Between kicking our players and trying to dictate to the ref(or should i say attack the ref)they are both a disgrace....

It was only the last quarter of an hour that there was any urgency put into Citys game.I know its an old story and i do not like criticising our lads but O'Grady is killing us in the centre.Flynnie must be really frustrated at the lack of oppertunitys being created for him.I still maintain you wont see the real City until we sign a good central player...

Woods played well last night and i see a lot of people that have been criticising him(some for no reasons)are now backing him.I am not sure if he will be back there next week.Murray and Bennett were again superb and kept a very strong Shels attack look very average.Micky Devine had not much to do on goal.Carey had one of his better games but still not sure at all about him.Denis Behan played well on his league debut,he is a big strong lad and whether he plays right side or up fron as people have already mentioned i look forward to seeing him again.Doyler played well at times but sometimes i dont understand why he has to try to take on players everytime he gets the ball rather than laying it off now and then.Georgie played well also but he has the same problem as i said with Doyler,but great skill and great to watch.Greg was only ok last night but as i said last week will improve with a better partner.O Grady was poor(sorry Greg).John O Flynn had one of his quieter games simply because he is not being fed any good ball.Its a pity City could not put that urgency of the last fifteen minutes into more of the game..

Lastly its understandable why some people are getting frustrated at results when we are not winning but i do beleive Europe will probably be our best finish this season.Pat Dolan is building a new team and he needs time to do that and also get his tactics across.We must support the lads through this because Brian Lennox has shown ambition to bring this club forward so we have to get behind him and the club.We are well capable of winning the cup this year and while not saying we wont win the league i just think its a year to early.I do think Bohs are easily the best team in the league at present and once they find there rythem they could go on a twenty match unbeaten run which i dont think any other club is capable of.Anyway that was the opinion of myself from what i seen last night.....

bert
24/05/2003, 11:22 PM
If the penalty went in, it would have been a different story, Shels were woeful. Big club my asre. City made some effort to kep it down, Shels hoofed. City deserved the win. The penalty goes in, we're in Pj's celebrating. It didn't, we're ****ed off but it wasn't one of their worst performances.