PDA

View Full Version : Foot.ie Text

dahamsta
24/05/2003, 7:46 PM
This thread (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7771) in UCD reminded me to mention that I've been discussing the ins and outs of SMS with a service provider recently. The details are a bit sketchy so far, but it seems there are two separate services - premium rated and broadcast - and the premium rate one requires setup fees, which isn't something I'd consider at this time. I'm going to look into it in more detail, but my idea of what you'd want and your idea might be completely different, so feel free to wax lyrical here. If the thread amounts to anything, I might ask the service provider to pop in and address your comments.

adam

SÓC
25/05/2003, 6:04 PM
I was just about to post about this, I just spotted the Cork City premium text rate nubmer in the programme. Mustnt be that hard to set up if City have got one going.

dahamsta
25/05/2003, 6:34 PM
It's not hard to set up, however City have the backing to implement a premium rated service; Foot.ie doesn't.

adam

joe
25/05/2003, 6:57 PM
it's actually a league-wide service, though i don't know who's running. they've had adds in the star as well

pete
26/05/2003, 11:01 AM
What kind of monies we talking here?

joe
26/05/2003, 12:36 PM
30c a text