PDA

View Full Version : Dolan in Saturday's Echo

yiddo
24/05/2003, 6:02 PM
In the Echo tonight Noel Spillane quotes Pat Dolan as follows

"Get rid of the politics, don't have people divided in the club and let's be patient and give encouragement and then we can taste success" was Dolans response at the end of a best forgotten match.

The piece goes on with Dolan praising the supporters and thanking us for the support but the first paragraph doesn't read well in relation to the rest or the article.

Was this Dolan speaking in the heat of moment just after the game or is there trouble in paradise ? :confused:

BTW Maybe someone could put a link up to the piece from the Echo site. Sorry my computer skills don't stretch much beyond typing ;)

Neil
24/05/2003, 6:41 PM
Have a lamp...

http://www.eecho.ie/pdf/back.pdf

patsh
24/05/2003, 6:45 PM
I'd reckon heat of the moment.
On the BRB, he sounded really pumped.
Was full of praise for the team and fans, was saying how young all the players are (Greg 22 ?, Conor 22, Doyler 19 etc), remember how far ahead $hels are of us etc, etc.
As reagards new signings, he said they would "come from Cork first, Munster second, Ireland third and then...."
He also went on about how we must stick together, fans must keep coming to games and eventually we will be the biggest club in Ireland, and how he really, really believes that.

Real ale Madrid
24/05/2003, 11:12 PM
We are the biggest club in Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric
25/05/2003, 6:48 PM
I'm living in Dublin at the moment and try my best to get home for as many City home games as possible. When I can't get home I try to take in a game from one of the Dublin teams. As a result of this I can safely say that we have the biggest and best home support in the country.

If only that could be transferred into travelling support!!! With 7000 fans cheering on the lads at home it's easy to see why they play well, then when they travel away they have hardly anyone cheering them on which affects their games.

We have a good side so if people really wanna get behind their team make the effort and travel. Then we can really start challenging for things

pete
26/05/2003, 10:57 AM
I think Dolans appointment was encouraging as hopefully he'll rid CCFC of the inferiority complex of recent years.

City have bar far the largest support in the league & probably the only team capabale of packing oiut their ground week in week out if challenging for the title.

City have a few disadvantages over the dublin teams bit also many advantages of being a one team city.

I go to most away city games bur cant say i'd get close to my current number if living in Cork. I think dublin teams tend to get more people at the cross because they don't have to leave their city every 2nd weekend so more novelty to the long away games.

Tom Peppers
26/05/2003, 11:26 AM
Well said Eric. Myself and GWA both noticed that on our away travel s this season. But it has improved slightly. GWA s a mad thing at away games though. ALways shouting abuse and always drunk. He some laugh. You have probably noticed him eric or heard of him. He used to play with city youths and under 21's