View Full Version : Ins / Outs

BrayUnknowns
27/11/2007, 9:14 AM
Bray In
Kevin Doherty (Longford)
Gavin Whelan (Drogheda)
Derek Pender (Shamrock Rovers)

Bray Out
Stephen Gough (Dundalk from what ive heard)
Steve Williams (think he will be a big loss, Dundalk aswell from what i've heard)
Ross Zambra

Stephen Fox - Retired

In talks with 5 other players, hoping to sign at least 3 of them.

All from the Wicklow News. New sponsor also announced in the paper.

Cabinteelygull
27/11/2007, 10:38 AM
Sad to see Williams leave but O'Connor is up to the same standard IMO. As long as he stays this year i won't worry.

Wats the opinion of Doherty, Whelan and Pender? Surprised about whelan didn't think another midfielder was vital, unless he can play elsewhere?

no news on molloy yet i take it?

lowflyingseagul
27/11/2007, 11:03 AM
they're are plenty of goalkeepers in the league better than williams

superfrank
27/11/2007, 11:09 AM
I've always rated Whelan very highly, I think he could be another very good signing like Cawley and Delaney last year.

Pender has impressed me from what I've seen of him.

I'm not too ecstatic about Doherty. IIRC, he has something of a discipline problem.

It's a pity about Williams but I think Skippy can step up now. He's only 23 after all and he's plenty of experience.

BrayUnknowns
27/11/2007, 11:17 AM
they're are plenty of goalkeepers in the league better than williams

very true... Murphy, Brush, Conner, Devine etc...

But not many with as much experience or who would be willing to sign for us. Williams was a real coupe for us last season and helped steady the ship. i'm still not convienced with O'Connor myself. Any time he played last year he looked very shakey and the defence infront of him looked nervous, best example of this would be the Bohs games at home when we lost 3 nil, o'Connor was terrible that day. Maybe Shay Kelly would be a good option for a new keeper?

Whelan is of the same standad if not better than Cawley so i think he's a great signing, really creative pairing now in the centre of the park and good competition for places, hopefully it will put a real hunger in the lads. I think he could be a superb player for us, was always very impressed anytime i saw him play.

Doherty should also be a good signing, always liked him when he was at Shels but suffered with some bad injuries, seems to have over come them and is a fairly decent player, if given the chance could form a really good partnership with Delaney.

Haven't seen Pender to much, left footed defender i think ? Any Rovers fans shead any light on him?

Gormley is quoted in saying that he hopes to sign at least 3 players with 1 being a striker, personally i think we need at least another 2 experienced strikers and a goalkeeper (starting or back up) and we should be able to compete with most teams next season...

gufct
27/11/2007, 11:17 AM
See there is no official confirmation on your own site so when will they be announced officially.

BrayUnknowns
27/11/2007, 11:19 AM
See there is no official confirmation on your own site so when will they be announced officially.

They are official, just not on the site yet...

superfrank
27/11/2007, 11:26 AM
Maybe Shay Kelly would be a good option for a new keeper?
Funny you should mention Shay Kelly.....

I recently interviewed him for the DIT News.

What I gathered was that he only has one maybe two years left in him before he retires. He is 33 and his back injury has definitely shortened his career dramatically and it still causes him some problems.

He does live in the Greater Dublin area and he's working in the city so it would be an option but I think we'd only get one or two years out of him before we have to go searching for someone else again.

Dodge
27/11/2007, 11:29 AM
Haven't seen Pender to much, left footed defender i think

He's a right back. Was deputy to Owen Heary at Shels and would've walked into many a first team IMO. Did well at Rovers but had a falling out with Scully and hasn't played in a while

An excellent signing IMO

Louth4sam
27/11/2007, 11:52 AM
[
Bray Out
Stephen Gough (Dundalk from what ive heard)
Steve Williams (think he will be a big loss, Dundalk aswell from what i've heard)

I doubt Williams will be signed as we already have a very good keeper in that position. Although Williams does live in Dundalk so maybe thats how the rumour came about. What is Stephen Gough like? Any good?

lowflyingseagul
27/11/2007, 1:45 PM
What is Stephen Gough like? Any good?

gough was rubbish

superfrank
27/11/2007, 2:45 PM
gough was rubbish
I second that.

I can think of one good thing he did all year. Everything else was poor.

mightyseagull
27/11/2007, 5:55 PM
yous are more than welcome to him

Grey Boy
27/11/2007, 6:48 PM
So does that mean we aren't signing Trevor Molloy after all?

superfrank
27/11/2007, 6:52 PM
It could just be that talks are ongoing.

fan_1
27/11/2007, 7:40 PM
heard yous are tryin to sign pat sullivan of longford, also serious talk of trevor molloy..

Grasshopper 99
28/11/2007, 3:43 PM
There is also rumours going around that jason byrne is coming back on loan, as he is not getting a look in at Cardiff.

gufct
29/11/2007, 1:28 PM
Not a mention on yere official site of any of these signings.

Seagull
29/11/2007, 2:25 PM
Not a mention on yere official site of any of these signings.
That site is just rubbish. No news of signings, they had our new shirt sponsor up on Sunday night but it was gone again by Monday! When they went to the trouble of relaunching it youd've thought they'd keep it up to date but no such luck...

lowflyingseagul
29/11/2007, 2:40 PM
There is also rumours going around that jason byrne is coming back on loan, as he is not getting a look in at Cardiff.

i think he broke his ankle playing for cardiff reserves so that is unlikey

niallsparky
02/12/2007, 8:26 PM

Good luck with that ;)

Grasshopper 99
06/12/2007, 9:11 AM
i think he broke his ankle playing for cardiff reserves so that is unlikey

He Did not break his leg as my friend was talking to him after the ireland wales game in Cardiff and he said he would love to come back to us, and no cast or limping to be seen.

braysnumber1
09/12/2007, 9:09 PM
stories doing the rounds is that the club are to announce 3-4 new signings on tuesday/wednesday. they are also officially launching the new sponsor. my source confirmed that 2 of em mite be myler and molloy

Grasshopper 99
10/12/2007, 12:18 PM
Will be announced on wednesday morning. The sponsor will be officially launched at 10.30am in the grounds by Brian O'Driscolls ex, Glenda something. UNSURE about the signings been announced though.

superfrank
10/12/2007, 1:25 PM
The sponsor will be officially launched at 10.30am in the grounds by Brian O'Driscolls ex, Glenda something.
Glenda Gilson.....she's the new face of Bray??? :eek:

That'll definitely get the lads in.

Hulsey
11/12/2007, 10:55 AM
Will the club be announcing 3 or 4 new signings or will Doherty, Whelan and pender be officially announced and included in that number? Anyone know?

gufct
13/12/2007, 8:49 AM
eddie gormley is saying today in the sun that he is talking to 4 players but will only be able to sign 2 due to his budget being cut .

Bunny Kelly
16/12/2007, 4:18 PM
is Derek Tyrrell still at the club, I thought I saw somewhere he was released but can't find it now.

braysnumber1
16/12/2007, 4:23 PM
is Derek Tyrrell still at the club, I thought I saw somewhere he was released but can't find it now.

i'm pretty sure he was released.

Oh and a very reliable source has confirmed we've signed Trevor Molloy!!!:):):)

BrayUnknowns
24/12/2007, 4:23 PM
Outs: Paul Caffrey and Chris Deans

New Deals signed with: Franco, Emeka, Mulroy, Lawless and Ray Kenny.

Heard Deans and Caffo have signed for Fingal, along with Willo and a host of other very experienced eL players. Defo lump a load of money on them to win the A League

Terry
26/12/2007, 1:00 PM
i'm pretty sure he was released.

Oh and a very reliable source has confirmed we've signed Trevor Molloy!!!:):):)

they are saying on the sligo forum that glenavon have signed Molloy????

Grey Boy
26/12/2007, 1:04 PM
Yeah! That was in one of the national papers last week. I'm not too disappointed missing out on him though.

Bray Head
28/12/2007, 9:15 AM
Outs: Paul Caffrey and Chris Deans

New Deals signed with: Franco, Emeka, Mulroy, Lawless and Ray Kenny.

Heard Deans and Caffo have signed for Fingal, along with Willo and a host of other very experienced eL players. Defo lump a load of money on them to win the A League

Caffo and Deans will be big losses. They were decent players and are defitinly premier division standard.

KR's Post
29/12/2007, 2:58 PM
Gormley says Molloy gone to Glenavon. Wanted a grand a week at Bray!!:eek: