PDA

View Full Version : RDS

longfordjames
26/11/2007, 5:29 PM
IS it near a bus/dart from city centre that runs on a sunday?

Docboy
26/11/2007, 5:33 PM
Yep you can get a number 7 or 45 from Nassau St which will drop you at the RDS

OneRedArmy
26/11/2007, 5:34 PM
http://www.rds.ie/home/index.aspx?id=19

Do you have Google?

eelmonster
26/11/2007, 6:23 PM
If you're taking the train to Dublin, you can get a southbound DART from Connolly Station to Sandymount, the RDS is just a short walk from there.

sligoman
26/11/2007, 6:59 PM
Whats the parking likely to be like at RDS on the day of the final? Site says it's parking varies depending on the event, will it be hard to find parking there on cup day?

dcfcsteve
26/11/2007, 7:37 PM
Whats the parking likely to be like at RDS on the day of the final? Site says it's parking varies depending on the event, will it be hard to find parking there on cup day?

Surely non-one knows, as it depends on how mnany of those going decide to drive and park there...!?!?

Play safe, and get the bus....

OneRedArmy
26/11/2007, 7:59 PM
Whats the parking likely to be like at RDS on the day of the final? Site says it's parking varies depending on the event, will it be hard to find parking there on cup day?In the RDS, probably a nightmare, compounded by 30mins plus queues to get out.

Within 5-10mins walk from the ground, no problem.

rebelarmyexile
26/11/2007, 11:02 PM

Regarding parking, the main car park (RDS Mainbuilding) will be for Society members only, while the Simmonscourt car-park will be for prioritised Club officials and the left over to the cattle. (i mean punters)

Macy
27/11/2007, 7:09 AM
Parking around Lesson Street, Baggot Street, Northumberland Road areas on the back roads it'll be fine - about a 10 minute walk. Pretty much where you'd park for Lansdowne and it'll be alright.

shedite
27/11/2007, 8:40 AM
There's a lot goin on in the RDS this Sunday too. Aside from the Cup final, there's ice skating, a Rhianna concert, and an Interpol concert. So just get the bus - much safer and easier.

dcfcsteve
27/11/2007, 10:15 AM
There's a lot goin on in the RDS this Sunday too. Aside from the Cup final, there's ice skating, a Rhianna concert, and an Interpol concert. So just get the bus - much safer and easier.

Damn right. Just think of yer carbon ass-print......! :)

Pablo
27/11/2007, 10:33 AM
Amy Whino is on there too it seems

Jerry The Saint
27/11/2007, 10:58 AM
Didn't the FAI lie that the final couldn't take place earlier because there were other events on in the RDS...?

Pablo
27/11/2007, 11:09 AM
Didn't the FAI lie that the final couldn't take place earlier because there were other events on in the RDS...?

By RDS of course they meant their jolly up in Durban

Dodge
27/11/2007, 11:16 AM
RDS arena. Leinster played there 2 weeks ago and alst week was the World Cup draw. Apparently it was sponsor Ford who didn't want it clashing (for all the promo work thats gone on...)

OneRedArmy
27/11/2007, 12:27 PM
By RDS of course they meant their jolly up in DurbanRDS = Right Durban Shindig.....:D

I'm bemused by the concept of the Rhianna crowd meeting the Interpol crowd, talk about a culture clash.

sligoman
27/11/2007, 9:42 PM
What about parking in housing estates near RDS, I can't get clamped/towed for that can I? Obviously once I'm not blocking driveway;).

OneRedArmy
27/11/2007, 10:59 PM
What about parking in housing estates near RDS, I can't get clamped/towed for that can I? Obviously once I'm not blocking driveway;).Usually fine on a Sunday, but its a fairly built up area.

Student Mullet
27/11/2007, 11:35 PM
What about parking in housing estates near RDS, I can't get clamped/towed for that can I? Obviously once I'm not blocking driveway;).What way will you be driving in? I usually park on Herbert Park Road. It's about a kilometer long and has parking on both sides so you can normally find a space. You can then take a short-cut through the part to the RDS.

You'll need to be good at parallel parking because sometimes the spaces are a bit tight.

sligoman
28/11/2007, 12:50 PM
What way will you be driving in? I usually park on Herbert Park Road.I'll be coming in by the canal taking the right turn at Baggot Street. I can see Herbert Park on Google Earth but which road is it? The one that goes right through the park itself or what?:confused:

OneRedArmy
28/11/2007, 1:00 PM
I'll be coming in by the canal taking the right turn at Baggot Street. I can see Herbert Park on Google Earth but which road is it? The one that goes right through the park itself or what?:confused:Turn right on the Canal 500 yards earlier and go towards Donnybrook on the Morehampton Rd (past the Burlington) and its on the left before you get into Donnybrook Village.

sligoman
28/11/2007, 1:05 PM
Turn right on the Canal 500 yards earlier and go towards Donnybrook on the Morehampton Rd (past the Burlington) and its on the left before you get into Donnybrook Village.Went that way to Belfield earlier this season so know it now, cheers lads!

dcfcsteve
28/11/2007, 3:36 PM
Stop being so feckin American everyone, and get the bus......! :D

CollegeTillIDie
28/11/2007, 6:54 PM
Amy Whino is on there too it seems

No she's cancelled all future gigs till she gets her act together.

Student Mullet
28/11/2007, 7:12 PM
Turn right on the Canal 500 yards earlier and go towards Donnybrook on the Morehampton Rd (past the Burlington) and its on the left before you get into Donnybrook Village.That's it. If you miss that turn (or if you want some easier parking) you can head into the housing estate behind the bus garage in Donnybrook and walk down from there. Parking is guaranteed but it's about a 15 min walk.