PDA

View Full Version : FAI in good idea shocker

sligoman
25/11/2007, 10:45 PM
:eek:

Send your FAI Ford Cup Final ticket to the FAI after the match and you will have the right to buy a ticket for Croke Park to see Ireland take on Brazil on 6th February 2008.

Link (http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2668).

Good to see them linking EL to getting tickets for a big friendly.

A face
25/11/2007, 11:20 PM
Three weeks after the league actually ended. Summer Soccer in the middle of December. I agree with ya, its a good idea but its not like they are rewarding eL fans on this one.

CollegeTillIDie
26/11/2007, 7:20 AM
Another reason why they are holding the FAI Cup Final in December is.... they moved to Abbotstown this weekend.

BohDiddley
26/11/2007, 9:58 AM
Brilliant. Really is a no-brainer when it comes to promoting Irish football. Let's hope it's a pilot for future initiative and imagination on the eL.
Well done to Noel Mooney, who is playing the proverbial blinder in his job, and to anyone else involved.

dcfcsteve
26/11/2007, 10:45 AM
This issue is already covered in the 'Cup Final - Where's the build-up' thread. The 2 should really me merged.

Anywhere's - here's the alternative view on this that i posted on that thread :

A decent idea, but has a fundamental problem.

A not insignificant number of people will want to keep their Cup Final ticket - especially if their team wins.

It's like those promotions that require you to cut something out of your programme. If the FAI better understood hard-core football supporters, they'd know that many of them wouldn't want to part with a winning Cup Final ticket.

Also - I'm not convinced it'll be hugely difficult to get a ticket for the Brazil game.

If it does persuade those who wouildn't otherwise go to the Final to give it a go (I suspect very, very few would be persuaded by this though) then they're the type who would probably be happy to get rid of their ticket for a Brazil one.

pete
26/11/2007, 12:11 PM
Also - I'm not convinced it'll be hugely difficult to get a ticket for the Brazil game.

I would be very surprised if this was full. I think the "promotion" is a means of selling Brazil game tickets early before any one notice lots of tickets available. Tickets on offer are the worst in the ground anyway - Hill 16 & Canal lower.

Student Mullet
26/11/2007, 12:38 PM
Will hill 16 have seats for this game?
I didn't think it would but the Rugby tickets have been distributed on the basis of the hill being seated because of soccer.

Blue-Army
26/11/2007, 4:11 PM
When are the tickets for the Brazil game actually on sale?

pineapple stu
26/11/2007, 5:18 PM
A not insignificant number of people will want to keep their Cup Final ticket - especially if their team wins.

It's like those promotions that require you to cut something out of your programme. If the FAI better understood hard-core football supporters, they'd know that many of them wouldn't want to part with a winning Cup Final ticket.
Seriously - does anyone here keep match ticket stubs?! I'd say the amount of people is minimal to make an effect on this promo.

NavanBohs
26/11/2007, 5:55 PM
Seriously - does anyone here keep match ticket stubs?! I'd say the amount of people is minimal to make an effect on this promo.

I do. If its a big/memorable match (league decider, cup final, big european game) I keep my ticket as a souvenir, have plenty of them stuck up in me wardrobe.

kingdomkerry
26/11/2007, 6:13 PM
I keep mine, some collection i have too!

scottish_bohs
26/11/2007, 6:38 PM
Good idea by the FAI. I for one wasn't going to go to the final, but i will now because of this offer.

dcfcsteve
26/11/2007, 7:39 PM
I keep mine, some collection i have too!

I've a nice framed collection of City tickets for Cup Finals, major friendlies and European games....

Collecting major tickets is probably no less common place than collecting programmes.

feo123
26/11/2007, 8:53 PM
how do we pay for the ticket once we send away our cup final ones does anybody know?

Gareth
27/11/2007, 7:27 AM
I have every ticket stub I got from a game.

Plus, you get the right to buy a Brazil ticket. Surely we all already had the right to buy the tickets in teh first place. A good promo would be we get them half price!!!

Mick89
27/11/2007, 1:57 PM
You can get your stub back:

Buy your FAI Ford Cup Final Ticket…..& See Brazil Sparkle!

Send your FAI Ford Cup Final ticket to the FAI after the match and you will have the right to buy a ticket for Croke Park to see Ireland take on Brazil on 6th February 2008.

Tickets should be sent to:
Cup Final Promotion.
Football Association of Ireland,
National Sports Campus,
Abbotstown,
Dublin 15.
Please include your name, postal address, telephone number & email address

If you’d like to keep your Cup Final ticket as a souvenir, just let us know – we’ll happily send it back to you!

Tickets available for purchase are for the Hill 16 Section of Croke Park. Child & adult tickets will be available in the Dineen Canal Stand. Croke Park will be fully seated.

You will be entitled to purchase the same number of tickets as Cup Final tickets you send into us. One Brazil match ticket per FAI Ford Cup ticket.

Child tickets will receive entitlement to child tickets & adult ticket will receive entitlement to adult tickets.

Cup Final ticket must have been purchased. Complimentary tickets do not apply.

Cup Final tickets must be returned to the FAI by Friday 14th December. No tickets will be accepted after this deadline.

The FAI Ticket Office will contact you in early January confirming your ticket allocation for the Brazil match and giving you details on how to pay for them.

Original tickets only. No photocopies accepted

FAI reserve the right to suspend this promotion at any time

FAI Ford Cup Final

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thursday, 22 November 2007 Section: FAI Ford Cup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cork City v Longford Town
Sunday 2nd December 2007
RDS, Kick Off 3.30pm
Ticket Information

Buy your FAI Ford Cup Final Ticket…..& See Brazil Sparkle!

Ticket Prices

Anglesea Stand: Adult €25 Schoolboy/girl €10
Grandstand: Adult €20 Schoolboy/girl €5
North Stand: Adult €15 Schoolboy/girl €5
South Stand: Adult €15 Schoolboy/girl €5

Cork City
Available from Club Shop, 93 Grand Parade, Cork, Monday to Saturday, 10am -5.30pm
www.corkcityfc.ie

Longford Town
Available from Flancare Park from 1pm-3pm & 7pm-8pm
Club Shop in Longford Shopping Centre will take ticket orders
www.ltfc.ie

Ticketmaster
www.ticketmaster.ie
Tel: 0818 719 300
Ticketmaster outlets nationwide
This message and any attachments are solely for the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information
included in this message is prohibited -- Please
immediately and permanently delete.

gilberto_eire
27/11/2007, 5:28 PM

Plus, you get the right to buy a Brazil ticket. Surely we all already had the right to buy the tickets in teh first place. A good promo would be we get them half price!!!

not everyone has easy access to tickets

Blue-Army
28/11/2007, 3:23 PM
When do the Brazil tickets go on sale anyway?
Nothing on the FAI website...:rolleyes:

A face
28/11/2007, 7:56 PM

But i dont think its aimed at us to be honest. I think they might want to get people who normally would be going to a Cup Final, just so they might actually see what actually happens.

BohDiddley
30/11/2007, 9:13 AM
You can get your stub back:

If you’d like to keep your Cup Final ticket as a souvenir, just let us know – we’ll happily send it back to you!

You'd have thought that people would have read that. But then that would risk letting the facts get in the way of a good whinge, and we couldn't have that.

This possibly is a watershed in the attitude of FAI towards supporters of Irish football. It doesn't matter if this particular friendly doesn't sell out. What matters is that if successful it may be carried forward into ticketing for real games, and for that reason it should be supported.

sligoman
30/11/2007, 12:29 PM
You'd have thought that people would have read that. But then that would risk letting the facts get in the way of a good whinge, and we couldn't have that.That part was definitely not there originally. Methinks the FAI are watching us!

CollegeTillIDie
01/12/2007, 9:23 AM
The FAI may in some aspects be getting their act together. Just because an organisation has a bad track record doesn't mean they are immune to the odd good idea.... now let that be a lesson to all of you :D

spaceghost
01/12/2007, 10:42 AM
well done to the fai for this idea.
as a previous poster said at least the fai are trying to improve.
now please dont let us down by appionting el feckin Tel.

spaceghost
01/12/2007, 10:46 AM
Good idea by the FAI. I for one wasn't going to go to the final, but i will now because of this offer.

dont forget to shout for the red and black;)