PDA

View Full Version : Montenegro Away - 10th September 2008

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

pineapple stu
25/11/2007, 8:18 PM
Post info on this game here.

p_o_r
25/11/2007, 10:16 PM
From Google Earth it looks like Dubrovnic is only 63 miles in a straight line to the capital Podgorica.
And I think Aer Lingus fly direct to Dubrovnic.

It is also 209 miles from Sofia.

Bulgaria and Montenargo hopefully will be a double header.

SuperDave
26/11/2007, 12:54 AM
From Google Earth it looks like Dubrovnic is only 63 miles in a straight line to the capital Podgorica.
And I think Aer Lingus fly direct to Dubrovnic.

It is also 209 miles from Sofia.

Bulgaria and Montenargo hopefully will be a double header.

But there is no train line from dubrovnik to Pod. Renting a car, including cross border insurance, not to mention the price of other city drop off fees is probably out of the question.

we all get on the same flight, and rent a minibus. woo-hoo!

lopez
26/11/2007, 8:41 AM
Overnight ferry from Bari (Italians I know think this place is now a sh*tehole) to Bar then one hour train journey or hire a car. Podgorica makes Bratislava look like New York city by the sound of things. Used to be known as Titograd.

http://www.montenegrolines.net/index_eng.html

http://www.zeljeznica.cg.yu/eng/index.php

Ash
26/11/2007, 8:48 AM
Workmate of mine was in Montenegro on hols last year.
They got charter flights to Croatia and bus across the border.

srfc-1901
26/11/2007, 9:53 AM
Workmate of mine was in Montenegro on hols last year.
They got charter flights to Croatia and bus across the border.

Thats what we did,flights to Dubrovnick ,then a taxi pickup for around 100 quid between 6 of us.We were going to Budva though

NeilMcD
26/11/2007, 10:47 AM
Wikitravel on Podgorica (http://wikitravel.org/en/Podgorica)

Mod note - don't post whole internet articles please (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=431900&postcount=2)! A link is sufficient. I've updated the summary thread for Wikitravel links for all the countries and capitals (bar Italy until it's announced where our game is)

Kingdom
26/11/2007, 11:44 AM
Nice one Neil super stuff. This is the main trip I'll be heading to. Thanks for that.

lopez
26/11/2007, 12:04 PM
Nice one Neil super stuff. This is the main trip I'll be heading to. Thanks for that.Sounds a great place alright.

Stadium below.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/montenegro/podgorica_goricom.shtml

citizenerased
26/11/2007, 12:37 PM
sounds good, cant wait to kick off this campaign now!

Kingdom
26/11/2007, 12:52 PM
Sounds a great place alright.

Stadium below.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/montenegro/podgorica_goricom.shtml

I can see us using that stand behind the goal exclusively for ourselves!

soylent green
26/11/2007, 9:45 PM
Sounds a great place alright.

Stadium below.

Tidy little ground.

mypost
01/12/2007, 5:45 AM
Unrelated of course, but like Italy, it's in the €urozone, so that's a help. :)

pineapple stu
01/12/2007, 9:46 AM
How's it a help? Do you find doing maths while abroad difficult?

CollegeTillIDie
01/12/2007, 9:57 AM
How to get there from Dublin !
It is easy enough to get there direct from here. Yugoslav Airlines fly there from London and BMI are their agents from Dublin so you can book direct as follows :- British Midland to London Heathrow and then JAT Airlines from Heathrow to Belgrade and Belgrade to Tivat (Montenegro). JAT shuttle bus to Podgorica. Google JAT London to get their website. During the April to early October period there are charter flights to Dubrovnik with bus connections to the resorts in Montenegro so the prospect of getting there improves.

And I for one am hoping to do the trip!

stojkovic
01/12/2007, 1:35 PM
How to get there from Dublin !
It is easy enough to get there direct from here. Yugoslav Airlines fly there from London and BMI are their agents from Dublin so you can book direct as follows :- British Midland to London Heathrow and then JAT Airlines from Heathrow to Belgrade and Belgrade to Tivat (Montenegro). JAT shuttle bus to Podgorica. Google JAT London to get their website. During the April to early October period there are charter flights to Dubrovnik with bus connections to the resorts in Montenegro so the prospect of getting there improves.

And I for one am hoping to do the trip!

How is three flights and a bus DIRECT ?

Do you work for WhineAir ?

SuperDave
01/12/2007, 4:30 PM

You can also get a train from Belgrade to Titograd. Sorry, Podgorica.

CollegeTillIDie
01/12/2007, 4:57 PM

Your luggage goes all the way through and at least you land in the Same country unlike Ryanair !

RogerMilla
04/12/2007, 11:11 AM
this is going to be the best trip of the lot , what brought bratislava down was the people , i bet they will be far friendlier here as this will be one of their first internationals ever hosted, possibly we will be first on september 6th ! roll on the meeting until we get it sorted.

RogerMilla
04/12/2007, 11:14 AM

because you can easily see what the value of something is and you dont get shafted on exchange rates like we did with that slovakian plinky plinky.
there was a 20% differential on the buy sell rates for those notes , that is banditry.

Dodge
04/12/2007, 11:28 AM

You're not charged conversion rates or extra charges for using ATMs etc etc

paul_oshea
04/12/2007, 12:29 PM
you are still charged for using ATMs dodge, unless you know a "special" bank ;)

Dodge
04/12/2007, 12:50 PM
Oh right because it uses the euro but isn't in the eurozone. other point still stands... ;)

pineapple stu
04/12/2007, 4:48 PM
because you can easily see what the value of something is and you dont get shafted on exchange rates like we did with that slovakian plinky plinky.
there was a 20% differential on the buy sell rates for those notes , that is banditry.
So you can't do maths, basically. Getting a pass card would mean you don't have to worry about local exchange dealers ripping you off as well. Quite simple.

You're not charged conversion rates or extra charges for using ATMs etc etc
Get a Cirrus ATM card if you're worried about conversion rate charges; you're going to need one anyway. Would have thought the days of getting foreign exchange at the bank were long gone. Anyway, since when is saving E3 something to be delighted over? And you know the banks are taking it back elsewhere.

zenokelly
04/12/2007, 5:18 PM
this is going to be the best trip of the lot , what brought bratislava down was the people , i bet they will be far friendlier here as this will be one of their first internationals ever hosted, possibly we will be first on september 6th ! roll on the meeting until we get it sorted.

If what they say is true, that the 2 games in both Septembers and the 2 fixtures in June are not going to be in Croker it would mean only 6 possible home dates as there are no fixtures in November or February. So it looks as if we may have 2 away double headers, which imo is not ideal for the players, but for us.......:D:D

I presume we will go for a double strong and weak 2 away matches next september so I wouldn;t be surprised if it was Montenego and Italy/Bulgaria. Though we can't be talking about other weak teams!:o

CollegeTillIDie
04/12/2007, 9:55 PM

I have met Montenegrins in Serbia and also in London very hospitable friendly people. Just as well as Tourism is the backbone of the country's economy.

Condex
04/12/2007, 10:13 PM
Was in Podgorica a few years back after an Ireland game in Tirana, its a grey miserable place with very few hotels I paid 50euro a night back then..

Zabljac in the Dumitor national park and Kotor on the cost are lovely though...

citizenerased
15/01/2008, 12:42 PM
Tivat is where ya fly into

gspain
15/01/2008, 2:48 PM
Dubrovnik is apparently 52 miles away and Aer Lingus fly there direct. €200 incl t&c Monday to Friday. Unfortunately no flights on Tuesday or Thursday.

Paulie
15/01/2008, 4:56 PM
Myself and 3 others just booked the Monday - Friday option in and out of Dubrovnik for €200. It's a shame but we'll be giving Georgia a miss as the double header is just a nightmare to organise. When it came to choosing between the two it came down to the considerably cheaper option. Also, the flight times are grand. The flight times in and out of Tbilisi are a bit of a nightmare.

rfkimble
15/01/2008, 6:03 PM
wots the easiest way to get from dubrovnik to podgorica. Bus, Train, Taxi maybe?

Fr. Joe
15/01/2008, 6:19 PM
Two booked in here (many more to follow!)

Manchester - Dubrovnik
Monday - Friday
€120 :D

Fr. Joe
15/01/2008, 6:22 PM
Two booked in here (many more to follow!)

Manchester - Dubrovnik
Monday - Friday
€120 :D

Thats €120 each by the way!!!! ;)

Mayo_Bhoy
15/01/2008, 7:01 PM
wots the easiest way to get from dubrovnik to podgorica. Bus, Train, Taxi maybe?

No train. I emailed this crowd earlier looking for a quote:
http://www.taxiservicedubrovnik.com/contact.php

teckno
15/01/2008, 7:46 PM
Lad's

It seems to me the best idea for is to Stay in Dubrovnik itself for the week 8-12th September as it seems to be a far nicer place. Why don't we try e-mails to bus company's etc and look for them to run bus trips to the game on the 10th and back?

Mayo_Bhoy
15/01/2008, 8:13 PM
Lad's

It seems to me the best idea for is to Stay in Dubrovnik itself for the week 8-12th September as it seems to be a far nicer place. Why don't we try e-mails to bus company's etc and look for them to run bus trips to the game on the 10th and back?

See post above. I emailed earlier and expecting a reply tomorrow

Paulie
16/01/2008, 8:29 AM
Lad's

To be honest I much prefer to stay in the city where the game is being played. That's part of the fun of going to away games, that it throws up destinations that otherwise you might never visit. Podgorica or bust!

Paulie
16/01/2008, 8:41 AM
By the way I read this morning that the stadium in Podgorica only holds 12,000 so that that's an allocation of just 1,200 for us. I'd expect about 2,000 to travel for this game so hopefully between the home and away end we all get sorted.

citizenerased
16/01/2008, 8:58 AM
i wouldnt say tickets will be a problem for these matches..cant imagine that many goin at all..this double header would put alot of people off..italy will the the game that draws the big crowd

gspain
16/01/2008, 10:42 AM
I don't see tickets being a problem either although away end tickets might be for this game.

If staying in Dubrovnik just be wary of 2 things

1) England are playing in Croatia that night - probably a long way away but potential for trouble.

2) You have an International border crossing to negotiate between states that are not on the best of terms. Allow for delays.

bholg
16/01/2008, 11:07 AM
Aer lingus fly into dubrovnik from dublin the day of the game for 80 snots, arriving 11.45 dubrovnik..
Is that cutting it fine?

Also, is this not their 1st competitive home fixture? will the home seats not be totally sold out? 1200 isnt an awful lot..

stiofain
16/01/2008, 11:13 AM
1) England are playing in Croatia that night - probably a long way away but potential for trouble.

Ah right, so thats why the flights im looking at from London to Dubrovnik are surprisingly expensive.

Condex
16/01/2008, 11:14 AM
I don't see tickets being a problem either although away end tickets might be for this game.

If staying in Dubrovnik just be wary of 2 things

2) You have an International border crossing to negotiate between states that are not on the best of terms. Allow for delays.

Yup, got stopped at the Kotor - > Dubrovnik crossing.. I thought I was going to be stuck in no-mans land as my passport had been in the wash. They eventually let me through...

RogerMilla
16/01/2008, 11:31 AM
Green tribe !! sort out the bloody bus from dubrovnik ! AidoM will help you :-)

gspain
16/01/2008, 11:36 AM
Aer lingus fly into dubrovnik from dublin the day of the game for 80 snots, arriving 11.45 dubrovnik..
Is that cutting it fine?

Also, is this not their 1st competitive home fixture? will the home seats not be totally sold out? 1200 isnt an awful lot..

It's 12,000 and it's their 2nd home competitive game as they play Bulgaria the previous saturday.

I've never been to Montenegro but I have been to nearby countries such as Macedonia and Albania and tickets normally are not a problem. Still hard to know though. We will bring more than 1200 so some travelling fans will have to rely on getting tickets in the home end.

I think you are cutting it fine. You'll probably make it OK via a taxi or rental car. It will depend on kickoff time too and tv will help dictate that. If their lights are not up to scratch there could be a daytime kickoff too.

RogerMilla
16/01/2008, 11:44 AM
didnt realise england were in croatia that night , makes things even more complicated

AidoM
16/01/2008, 1:11 PM
Green tribe !! sort out the bloody bus from dubrovnik ! AidoM will help you :-)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sligo Hornet
16/01/2008, 1:58 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Aido....is this you?

AidoM
16/01/2008, 3:05 PM
Aido....is this you?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

ps bohs
16/01/2008, 5:25 PM
Anyone know how far zadar is from Podgorica