PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty Ramblers 2-1 Cork City

rambler14
25/11/2007, 8:07 PM
Don't care what any city fan says. WE BEAT CORK CITY AGAIN! It must be what 3 years since they last beat us.
That was a Ramblers team beating a full strength Cork City side. It may have been a friendly but we still defeated a full strength side.
I thought Rams were very good today even though we made changes to our starting 11 and we then made 7 at half-time but still our performance was not affected.
It was a game of excellent goals Kieran O'Reilly's was good, Dan Murrays was better but Conor Meade take a boo son. What a goal! Forget Davins in Derry, Dub's goal today was a piece of genius. Flicking it over Murray, nutmeggin Sean Kelly and then having the cheekiness to look up and chip Mick Devine.........class.
Have to say too, How good were Roy Long and Declan Cahill when they came on? I thought Long was superb, he was absolutely everywhere. Jack Kerins played well too. He was being marked by Dan Murray but it didn't phase him he gave his all for he Ramblers cause.

MojoPin
25/11/2007, 8:22 PM
brilliant and clips????? i couldnt make it college projects due in tomorrow morning

Marco
25/11/2007, 8:23 PM
Great win and they played some good football aswell. City got a good warm up before the final. I liked the way the ball was played to feet for most of the game, we had 2 goals disallowed also. Nice gesture from City chairman with presentation at half time. Cahill and Long look good prospects strong solid players.

rambler14
25/11/2007, 8:25 PM
Great win and they played some good football aswell. City got a good warm up before the final. I liked the way the ball was played to feet for most of the game, we 2 goals disallowed also. Nice gesture from City chairman with presentation at half time.

2 goals???? I thought only one. Reilly's goal for offside.

Marco
25/11/2007, 8:27 PM
2 goals???? I thought only one. Reilly's goal for offside.

Wasn't their 1 in 2nd half or was that side netting??

rambler14
25/11/2007, 8:28 PM
That was Dub into the side netting after Big Kev put it across.

Marco
25/11/2007, 8:30 PM
That was Dub into the side netting after Big Kev put it across.

What did u think of Dub he looked sharp, his goal was class. Did you think some City players looked like they didn't give a toss?

rambler14
25/11/2007, 8:35 PM
What did u think of Dub he looked sharp, his goal was class. Did you think some City players looked like they didn't give a toss?

Dub was one of the best players on the pitch looked well up for the premier next year. I wouldn't say the city players didn't care just shown up. Gamble and Murray certainly looked like they gave a toss.
What happened to our guard of honour? i was looking forward to that!

Marco
25/11/2007, 8:45 PM
Dub was one of the best players on the pitch looked well up for the premier next year. I wouldn't say the city players didn't care just shown up. Gamble and Murray certainly looked like they gave a toss.
What happened to our guard of honour? i was looking forward to that!

So was i untill Dan Murray said he didn't know about it before game, not to worry only a small thing, presentation at half time from City was a fine gesture. Murray took his goal well. Davin got some ineresting treatment, he might as well get used to that for the new season, not a bad crowd.

rambler14
25/11/2007, 8:54 PM
City were very aggressive today. Did Alan Kelly have any cards in his pocket????????
If that was a league game Cillian Lordan would have been given a straight red for assaulting Reilly and Dan Murray would have walked for what I thought were two yellow cards.

depor
25/11/2007, 9:34 PM
excellent performance, very good football. the goals were class, especially the 1st one. nice crowd for a friendly at least 1500 if not more.

gaffer33
25/11/2007, 9:39 PM
Don't care what any city fan says. WE BEAT CORK CITY AGAIN! It must be what 3 years since they last beat us.
That was a Ramblers team beating a full strength Cork City side. It may have been a friendly but we still defeated a full strength side.
I thought Rams were very good today even though we made changes to our starting 11 and we then made 7 at half-time but still our performance was not affected.
It was a game of excellent goals Kieran O'Reilly's was good, Dan Murrays was better but Conor Meade take a boo son. What a goal! Forget Davins in Derry, Dub's goal today was a piece of genius. Flicking it over Murray, nutmeggin Sean Kelly and then having the cheekiness to look up and chip Mick Devine.........class.
Have to say too, How good were Roy Long and Declan Cahill when they came on? I thought Long was superb, he was absolutely everywhere. Jack Kerins played well too. He was being marked by Dan Murray but it didn't phase him he gave his all for he Ramblers cause.

Totally have to agree,wot a performance,friendly or not RAMS 2-1 CITY,thats the end result..:DHENDO take a bow,hard work starts next month,signing players,holding onto players,arranging pre-season,the list goes on,all the behind scenes that the fans dont see...as i said HENDO TAKE A BOW......

rambler14
25/11/2007, 10:02 PM
Totally have to agree,wot a performance,friendly or not RAMS 2-1 CITY,thats the end result..:DHENDO take a bow,hard work starts next month,signing players,holding onto players,arranging pre-season,the list goes on,all the behind scenes that the fans dont see...as i said HENDO TAKE A BOW......

Its not often people agree with me. Thanks!!!!!!
Just a matter of time b4 bella comes along to disagree with me:D

ramsfan
29/11/2007, 11:48 AM
have to say lads, know it was friendly and some city players were protecting themselves etc but gareth fareely looked over weight and totally disinterested
for that much moneyu a week city could do alot better