PDA

View Full Version : Cup final guarantees Brazil ticket

micls
25/11/2007, 6:05 PM
This was posted on our forum

http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/Buy-your-cup-ticket-and-see-Brazil-next-February-t21904.html

Send your FAI Ford Cup Final ticket to the FAI after the match and you will have the right to buy a ticket for Croke Park to see Ireland take on Brazil on 6th February 2008.
* Tickets should be sent to:
Cup Final Promotion
Football Association of Ireland
National Sports Campus
Abbotstown
Dublin 15

* Please include your name, postal address, telephone number & email address

* Tickets available for purchase are for the Hill 16 Section of Croke Park. Child & adult tickets will be available in the Dineen Canal Stand.

* You will be entitled to purchase the same number of tickets as Cup Final tickets you send to use. One Brazil match ticket per FAI Ford Cup ticket.

* Child tickets will receive entitlement to child tickets & adult ticket will receive entitlement to adult tickets.

* Cup Final ticket must have been purchased. Complimentary tickets do not apply.

* Cup Final tickets must be returned to the FAI by Friday 14th December. No tickets will be accepted after this deadline.

* Original tickets only. No photocopies accepted

FAI reserve the right to suspend this promotion at any time

adamcarr
25/11/2007, 6:40 PM
Looks like a wind-up aimed at Cork people to me.

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2668

stiofain
25/11/2007, 7:06 PM
For Christ's sake.

micls
25/11/2007, 7:20 PM
For Christ's sake.

:confused: What's wrong with the promotion?

stiofain
25/11/2007, 8:18 PM
:confused: What's wrong with the promotion?

I'm just not overly keen on this Brazil friendly. I suppose if a few people pay money to see the cup final just so they can be assured of a ticket when Brazil come to town and go through the motions, then the promotion will have been a success.

Schlooooomp
25/11/2007, 9:14 PM
You will still proabably end up buying tickets for the other games in whatever package the FAI setup.

kingdomkerry
25/11/2007, 9:45 PM
Very good idea. Where can you buy tickets for the cup final? I was going to go anyway?

KianD
25/11/2007, 11:58 PM
I'm tempted to go off an "unfair on supports of other LOI clubs that have no interest in..." rant on this one - but I'm a block booker so I'll be offered tickets anyway... so it'd be fairly futile.

elroy
26/11/2007, 9:25 AM
I actually think this is a good idea - for once from the FAI. (if true)

Ash
26/11/2007, 10:00 AM
You will still proabably end up buying tickets for the other games in whatever package the FAI setup.

Yep, even when Tony O'D ask Deleney on the news how did they think they
would sell tickets for the games agianst Cyprus/Montenegro, he replied
that the Irish fans have always turned out in numbers to support the team ...
and they would lump them into a package with a bigger game to make sure
they are sold

pete
26/11/2007, 12:03 PM
Does any one actually think the Brazil game will be sold out? They were here a few years & was rubbish game.

Ash
26/11/2007, 12:19 PM
Does any one actually think the Brazil game will be sold out? They were here a few years & was rubbish game.

But it'll be the excitement of seeing them in Croke Park
(I assume that'll be the marketing line)

Dodge
26/11/2007, 12:20 PM

That wasn't the brazillians fault completely...

dcfcsteve
26/11/2007, 1:36 PM
I'm tempted to go off an "unfair on supports of other LOI clubs that have no interest in..." rant on this one

How is it unfair...? Fans of any club can go. I went to the final in 2005 without my team being there, and was originally considering going to this year's game as well. Anyways - it's tough sh!t on fans of all otehr teams who just weren't good enough to make the finaol this year - my own club included.

Next you'll be saying it's unfair on the 20 other teams in the league that only 2 are allowed to contest the Final...... :p

Pablo
28/11/2007, 11:20 AM
I'll be sending mine off. Great innitiative.

SuperDave
28/11/2007, 12:04 PM

but my most surreal moment as a football fan came in that game, when we were oléing as we retained possession for a while. against brazil!