PDA

View Full Version : Predictions

Bungle
25/11/2007, 4:20 PM
Obviously we don't know who'll be our next manager which is going to be a major bearing on how well we do, but I'm going to stick my neck out and start with some predictions.

Ireland 0 Italy 1 (Ireland get hit cruelly on the break)
Italy 1 Ireland 0
Ireland 2 Bulgaria 1
Bulgaria 1 Ireland 1
Georgia 1 Ireland 1
Ireland 1 Georgia 0
Ireland 2 Cyprus 0
Cyprus 1 Ireland 2
ireland 1 Montenegro 0
Montenegro 0 Ireland 0

For the record, there is no doubt that this group could have been worse. Italy are a terrbile team to get as a first seed and georgia and montenegro are a disaster from the point of view of 5th and 6th pot.........but Bulgaria are one of the bettwer teams from pot 2 and to be honest, there are many teams in pot 4 that i would have preferred to have avoided before cyprus.

In contrast, England have gotten a shocking group and whoever finishes second in that group might not even make the play offs.

I think we should just about make the play offs with my predicted 18 points. From there it's a complete lottery.

danonion
25/11/2007, 7:39 PM
Makes no sense to make any predictions. The results of the first round of games are almost entirely determined by the going-ons of the Euro 2008 finals. If we play Italy after a good showing in the tournament, we can easily beat them as their stars will not want to play. But if they disappoint at Euro 08, we could be in for a drubbing.

citizenerased
26/11/2007, 9:30 AM
Ireland 1 Italy 0
Italy 0 Ireland 0
Ireland 2 Bulgaria 1
Bulgaria 1 Ireland 1
Georgia 1 Ireland 1
Ireland 2 Georgia 0
Ireland 3 Cyprus 0
Cyprus 1 Ireland 2
ireland 5 Montenegro 0
Montenegro 0 Ireland 3

24 pts

Lionel Ritchie
26/11/2007, 9:37 AM
Ireland 1 Italy 0
Italy 0 Ireland 0
Ireland 2 Bulgaria 1
Bulgaria 1 Ireland 1
Georgia 1 Ireland 1
Ireland 2 Georgia 0
Ireland 3 Cyprus 0
Cyprus 1 Ireland 2
ireland 5 Montenegro 0
Montenegro 0 Ireland 3

24 pts
:eek:
4 points off Italy, Bulgaria and Georgia?
6 points off Cyprus and Montenegro?
4 goals conceded?

As Ian Paisley said to a nun he happened upon as she evidently emptied a p1ss-pot into her petrol tank "Sister, I have to admire your faith, though I don't share it".

RogerMilla
26/11/2007, 12:40 PM
Ireland 1 Italy 0
Italy 0 Ireland 0
Ireland 2 Bulgaria 1
Bulgaria 1 Ireland 1
Georgia 1 Ireland 1
Ireland 2 Georgia 0
Ireland 3 Cyprus 0
Cyprus 1 Ireland 2
ireland 5 Montenegro 0
Montenegro 0 Ireland 3

24 pts

utter madness!! :)
think if we get one point off the italians
3 off the bulgarians
4 off georgia and cyprus and montenegro then it will be a succesful campaign

EAFC_rdfl
26/11/2007, 1:51 PM
Ireland 1 Italy 1 (if we score 1st)
Italy 2 Ireland 0
Ireland 2 Bulgaria 1
Bulgaria 2 Ireland 0
Georgia 2 Ireland 2
Ireland 3 Georgia 1
Ireland 4 Cyprus 0
Cyprus 1 Ireland 3
ireland 5 Montenegro 0
Montenegro 1 Ireland 2

20 points max from this group I reckon, they big margins above could disapear with the wrong manager though

Kingdom
26/11/2007, 1:56 PM
I want 1 from Italy, 6 from Bulgaria, Montenegro, Georgia and those other clowns.

That's 25 points, that'll see us playoffs minimum and our team will finally be punching at their weight.

It's time for Ireland to stoping ****ing around and grab games by the throat and put the inferiors to the sword.

Have to be honest I'd be happy with 6 from each of georgia cyprus and montenegro and 4 from Bulgaria. Then I'd take two draws with Italy. It would be great to be in the situation of playing Italy and not having to beat them in the last game (i.e. our playoff place was assured and that if we beat them we'd qualify automatically)

citizenerased
26/11/2007, 2:08 PM
utter madness!! :)
think if we get one point off the italians
3 off the bulgarians
4 off georgia and cyprus and montenegro then it will be a succesful campaign

Dont agree, we should be going out with the mindset to win this group, we show far too much respect to the big teams..with a decent manager, a well organised team and good support, there is no reason why we wouldnt beat italy 1-0 at home and get a draw away and beat bulgaria at home and a draw away...we have to be winning all our home matches to have a chance....

24 pts is hardly a fantasy in fairness...we can do it!!!

tricky_colour
26/11/2007, 2:11 PM
Ireland 1 Italy 0 (Italy get hit cruelly on the break)
Italy 0 Ireland 1 ( Stephen Hunt reduces Itally to 9 men before he gets sent off)
Ireland 2 Bulgaria 1 (Mystery Illness strikes the Bulgarian Squad)
Bulgaria 1 Ireland 2 (Stephen Ireland snatches a late winner)
Georgia 1 Ireland 2 (Rare headed winner from Robbie Keane)
Ireland 3 Georgia 0 (Hattrick for Doyle)
Ireland 1 Cyprus 0 (Nervous match)
Cyprus 0 Ireland 7 (Revenge is sweet)
ireland 5 Montenegro 0 (Ireland on a high)
Montenegro 0 Ireland 14 (Getting higher)

:D