PDA

View Full Version : The Cork Game

The Sheliban
23/05/2003, 10:18 PM
Couldn't get to the match tonight due to work, but RTE and Gabriel Egan were down in Cork, so I suppose it was the next best thing.
All in all, relieved at the end that we got the draw, though thats 4 draws in our last 5 matches. It seemed from the radio that Cork just about shaded the first half, though our defence had the measure of O'Flynn. Doherty going off injured was a blow but in Jim Gannon, we had a more than adequate replacement.
Unfortunately in the second half, big Jim managed to get himself sent off for a late challenge near the corner flag. At least everybody knew why he was sent off - last year's dismissal is still a mystery.
Despite this we held out fairly comfortably, and had opportunities to win it, before another dismissal [Crawford?] on the ninety minutes for a second yellow card offence, this time in the penalty area. Willo however brilliantly saved O'Flynn's spot-kick, showing that where he is lacking in crosses, he makes up for in shot-stopping.
After a nervy 4 minutes of injury time, we held out for the draw.
Still top by two points, though Bohs jammy win over Drogs hooshes them up to third.

Soko
24/05/2003, 1:00 AM
I thought I saw Crawford kick O' Callaghan in the back after the penalty(Not sure if contact was made) and he defintley tried to step on JOF in the second half. The video evidence should be very interesting.

Dont know what game the lads were at but $hels didnt have a shot on target for the whole game and am struggling to remeber any shots on goal. Thought ye were poor and we should have won. Bohs still the best side I've seen this season.

Might be better to post this on the city section as $hels dont apper to have many fans around these parts.

Soko
24/05/2003, 1:02 AM
Almost forgot, Byrne was crap. Dont know what the hype is about cause his control is poor and has a very suspect temperament. Better watch himself for the rest of the season.