PDA

View Full Version : EL Coverage

cheifo
24/11/2007, 3:39 PM
Got two papers to see review of last nights play off game.Daily Star was average but at least they has a reporter at the game and a couple of colour pics.Irish Times,absolutley pitiful.We give that paper such an easy ride on this site.
Gave much more space to the momentous event of that Donkey John O Shea
getting a new contract.Aaaaaarrrggh:mad:

BohDiddley
24/11/2007, 4:32 PM
Irish Times,absolutely pitiful.We give that paper such an easy ride on this site.
They have their priorities, most of which reside in Sunderland.

Sonic
24/11/2007, 4:41 PM
I think there would have been more on it if it was actually a contest but with the first leg almost finishing the tie there was little hype surrounding it. It would certainly have been closer had we been there:(:(

BohsPartisan
24/11/2007, 4:49 PM
They have their priorities, most of which reside in Sunderland.

They'll have plenty to write about tomorrow in that respect!

CollegeTillIDie
25/11/2007, 7:38 AM
EL Coverage in the Irish Times is a disgrace. I have had a go at them repeatedly on this site. And in the context of previous posts Everton 7 Sunderland 1 does bring a smile to my face , as will Sunderland's relegation and Roy Keane's P45.

Sam_Heggy
26/11/2007, 10:28 AM
EL Coverage in the Irish Times is a disgrace. I have had a go at them repeatedly on this site. And in the context of previous posts Everton 7 Sunderland 1 does bring a smile to my face , as will Sunderland's relegation and Roy Keane's P45.

Here, here.

scottish_bohs
27/11/2007, 9:50 AM
The eircom league is an afterthought in far too many of the papers in Ireland. I read the Herald most nights and it's astounding how much coverage they give to the Premiership. The Indo has decent coverage at times.

bellavistaman
27/11/2007, 5:41 PM
We got **** all for winning the league tbf.

CollegeTillIDie
28/11/2007, 9:37 PM
The Herald had four pages of Premiership coverage on the Friday of a weekend when there were internationals taking place last Spring so THERE WERE NO FRIGGING PREMIERSHIP GAMES SCHEDULED!

cheifo
28/11/2007, 10:19 PM
Maybe we(EL fans) should all agree to buy the newpaper which gives the EL the most column inches.I am joking of course because t would be totally impractical but it would be interesting to see what effect something like that could have.Regional newspapers in Donegal are thankfully giving Harps good coverage but at the same time you want to see your side discussed on a national platform.Out of interest how do fans of regional clubs rate their local newpaper coverage?

CollegeTillIDie
01/12/2007, 8:25 AM
Regional papers tend to champion the local club so the coverage is usually decent enough in terms of amount of column inches devoted to the club. Sometimes though it's mostly propaganda put out by the club or sycophantic reporting which while preferable to being hypercritical or ignored is still not quite the right mix.

Keen2win
01/12/2007, 8:31 AM
Good coverage of Longford in the local media...
I thaught the Mirror was always the best for the el.