PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Games

rambler14
23/11/2007, 7:12 PM
What a disaster all our home games are on friday nights next year! When Rams are at home City are away. Shocking decison by the club in my opinion. Crowd numbers will be severely affected.

marty
23/11/2007, 8:12 PM
I doubt it will affect us that much what are you basing this on,a lot of ppl wont come sat nights coz that seems to reserved for down town,it will give ppl an option on a friday also think the city fans wiil still come in numbers.On top of that next season the lounge will be booked most if not every sat night so they dont have to be pushing ppl into an already crowded bar.One thing it certainly will affect is away support they just dont travel on fridays and we are long haul for most supporters.Time will tell but they could have asked the fans first??

nismo
24/11/2007, 1:12 AM
not a good idea in my opinion..

Dodge
24/11/2007, 1:15 AM
It will massively lessen the amount of away fans who travel.

MojoPin
24/11/2007, 4:19 AM
why was this decided on? and when? should we have a say?

outside in
24/11/2007, 8:12 AM
What a disaster all our home games are on friday nights next year! When Rams are at home City are away. Shocking decison by the club in my opinion. Crowd numbers will be severely affected.
bad idea imo..saturday all da way for me:mad:

luka
24/11/2007, 8:14 AM

How do we know this already?

micls
24/11/2007, 9:18 AM
Id hoped ye'd say on Saturdays so I'd come to a few of ye're games but my Fridays will be spent travelling or glued to the internet updates

Rambler1
25/11/2007, 9:26 AM
Fridays not a good idea. Will miss loads of them so

A face
25/11/2007, 1:49 PM
It will definitely affect numbers at games on all counts. What a shame? I know that i would have gone to at least 10 games if they were on Saturday. With City being away i cant see that happening.

gaffer33
25/11/2007, 9:46 PM

Thats not concete yet lads,fact,wait and see,lets stop the rumour monger now b4 it goes into overdrive....

Rambler1
26/11/2007, 12:20 PM
Its not definate yet.Committee will discuss it at meeting during the week.

thegafferman
26/11/2007, 3:35 PM
the FAI in their wisdom have asked that all premiere games be played on friday nights and first division on sats....due to some tv deal that is in the pipeline..... however it is still up to each individual club to decide what night they will play ....tv coverage would prob be only two or three times in the season so you would know these well in advance..... it will be better for cork football if ouselves and city dont clash :ball:

bellavistaman
26/11/2007, 3:39 PM
We should have our homes games saturday night, and if we are asked to be on television change to friday that weekend.

thegafferman
26/11/2007, 3:46 PM
We should have our homes games saturday night, and if we are asked to be on television change to friday that weekend.

yea thats what i was saying in a roundabout way couldnt agree more:ball:

Rambler1
26/11/2007, 5:54 PM
yea thats what i was saying in a roundabout way couldnt agree more:ball:Its a cunning plan m'lord ..and it might even work

MojoPin
26/11/2007, 6:26 PM
has to be sat nights like..... only way forward

Rams-07
27/11/2007, 11:56 AM
Think the general opinion of people I`ve spoken to over the weekend was Saturday night football is a must next season.From a financial point of view it will make for bigger gates as you will have more travelling supporters on a Sat night than a Fri night.If we are lucky to be live on TV there shouldnt be a problem changing to Fri night.Hopefully common sense will prevail

Marco
27/11/2007, 4:01 PM
For the new season in the Premier League Cobh Ramblers will play their games on a Saturday night, except for televised games which will be on a Friday. As for tv games everyone must be neatly dressed, no shouting or be caught eating chips when the camera is on you:D

outside in
27/11/2007, 4:18 PM
For the new season in the Premier League Cobh Ramblers will play their games on a Saturday night, except for televised games which will be on a Friday. As for tv games everyone must be neatly dressed, no shouting or be caught eating chips when the camera is on you:D
dats da job.lets hope it pays off now wit bigger numbers coming in

6yardpunisha
27/11/2007, 4:18 PM

Good man Marco, the voice of reason strikes again, is it formal wear for televised games so

MojoPin
27/11/2007, 4:25 PM
great shout by the club!

bellavistaman
27/11/2007, 5:11 PM
Thank Christ for that.

don ramo
27/11/2007, 5:43 PM
bring on the prawn sandwiches:D

nice one

rambler14
27/11/2007, 5:50 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Tell me will there be games live from Ramblers?

Marco
27/11/2007, 6:33 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Tell me will there be games live from Ramblers?

Anything for you!! I should think so, especially being new boys. Also EL weekly to change at last more news to follow;)

Rambler1
28/11/2007, 6:19 PM
For the new season in the Premier League Cobh Ramblers will play their games on a Saturday night, except for televised games which will be on a Friday. As for tv games everyone must be neatly dressed, no shouting or be caught eating chips when the camera is on you:DGreat call..What a committee

The Rebel Ram
30/11/2007, 11:22 AM
That's twice this month common sense prevailed.............things are deff looking up!!!!:D