PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Latest

Réiteoir
23/11/2007, 7:01 PM
RTÉ Radio 1 MW/LW if anyone's interested

Anyway - Harps 1-0 up already (should be at least 3 or 4)

So we could probably safely say now:

Waterford are Relegated
Finn Harps are Promoted

Réiteoir
23/11/2007, 7:02 PM
Michael Funston with the goal btw.

about 15 gone

Quite a good few down from Ballyb - making a racket on the radio

Shedzer
23/11/2007, 7:13 PM
Great news!!

hoopy
23/11/2007, 7:14 PM
Is Vinny Sullivan part time?

Anto McC
23/11/2007, 7:14 PM
Handier trip to Waterford, than Ballybofey. Even though the RSC is dire f*cking hole, with no atmosphere whatsoever.

Keen2win
23/11/2007, 7:18 PM
What num on radio...
Never mind

Iorfa
23/11/2007, 7:20 PM
Is Vinny Sullivan part time?

Yes. Works as an electrician.

hoopy
23/11/2007, 7:21 PM
We could do with another striker, Dessie Baker won't play every week!

Iorfa
23/11/2007, 7:29 PM
Doubt he' head to Dublin, hadly set the world alight at Cork. He might stick around with us in the basement next season.

Though there are some rich pickings here, Delaney, Warren, Bermingham, Kiely, Mulcahy..

harpstilidie
23/11/2007, 7:37 PM
We are going up, say we are going up!!!!!
Aggghhhh wish i was there. :mad: :D

Iorfa
23/11/2007, 7:48 PM
2-0 Gethins

Iorfa
23/11/2007, 7:49 PM
and now it's all over according to WLR.. and our masterplan?..Robbie freaking Hedderman.

Iorfa
23/11/2007, 7:51 PM
YESSSSSSSSSS 1-2
Cathal Lordan

1-5 agg

comeback starts here

Iorfa
23/11/2007, 8:06 PM
2-2

Kenny Browne

Iorfa
23/11/2007, 8:09 PM
2-3 Parkhouse

carrickharp
23/11/2007, 8:29 PM
Sullivan sent off for Waterford

carrickharp
23/11/2007, 8:30 PM
3 - 3

carrickharp
23/11/2007, 8:32 PM
FT We are back in the Premier!!!!!

JC_GUFC
23/11/2007, 8:35 PM
YESSSSSSSSSS 1-2
Cathal Lordan

1-5 agg

comeback starts here

Said without a hint of irony!

Unlucky Waterford I guess things could've been totally different without the sending off in the first game.

Well done to Harps after their season they probably deserved to go up with Cobh.

Niall
23/11/2007, 9:01 PM
Handier trip to Waterford, than Ballybofey. Even though the RSC is dire f*cking hole, with no atmosphere whatsoever.

Sweet devine Jesus - and this coming fron a shels fan ! don't make me laugh, you've obviously never been to Talka buddy

micls
23/11/2007, 9:03 PM
Sweet devine Jesus - and this coming fron a shels fan ! don't make me laugh, you've obviously never been to Talka buddy

Are you seriously comparing Tolka to the RSC? TOlka may be falling down but it is still in a different class to the RSC

Blue-Army
23/11/2007, 9:47 PM
Just got back from the RSC...An absolutely dreadful performance by the blues...We had to come out and attack right from the start...Instead, we should have been 3-0 down after 20mins..Only awful finishing and a couple of last-ditch challenges kept us in it somehow!
Unbelieveably we didn't have 1 single shot in the whole first half and gifted Harps a simple goal...:mad:
Finn Harps always looked dangerous anytime they attacked and should have scored a few more...I have no idea how we managed to get a draw out of the game...

:o:mad:If only Vinny Sullivan hadn't missed that chance in Rovers!!!!

blue til i die
23/11/2007, 10:12 PM
Just got back from the RSC...An absolutely dreadful performance by the blues...We had to come out and attack right from the start...Instead, we should have been 3-0 down after 20mins..Only awful finishing and a couple of last-ditch challenges kept us in it somehow!
Unbelieveably we didn't have 1 single shot in the whole first half and gifted Harps a simple goal...:mad:
Finn Harps always looked dangerous anytime they attacked and should have scored a few more...I have no idea how we managed to get a draw out of the game...

sorry blue army, but i completely disagree!! i thought the second half performance was worthy of any team, showed the players had heart,didnt want to go out without a fight. fair enough harps had loads of chances, but we had to start wit 3 at the back, which ended with 1 at the back,so obviously there was gona be gaps in it. we had to go for it.at 2-0, we didnt have anything, until Lordans free kick. i'm proud to be a blues fan after that second half performance!!
BTID- KEEP THE FAITH!!

Blue-Army
23/11/2007, 10:18 PM
sorry blue army, but i completely disagree!! i thought the second half performance was worthy of any team, showed the players had heart,didnt want to go out without a fight. fair enough harps had loads of chances, but we had to start wit 3 at the back, which ended with 1 at the back,so obviously there was gona be gaps in it. we had to go for it.at 2-0, we didnt have anything, until Lordans free kick. i'm proud to be a blues fan after that second half performance!!
BTID- KEEP THE FAITH!!
I agree that the second half performance was alright but we still gave away 2 stupid goals...We done the hard work and brought it back to 2-2..We should have forgot about getting 3 more and just first concentrated on winning the game...
I really don't know why we couldn't have attacked like that in the first half...We might of had a chance.. First half was the worst we've played in years ..without a doubt, I didn't expect a 3-0 win tonight but I expected us to attack from the start and go in at half time with a chance...But to not have one shot was an embarassment...Harps were all over us and should have been 3 or 4 -0 up...

blue til i die
23/11/2007, 10:24 PM
thats could be harps problem next year,they missed so many chances tonight. all i wanted was a performance, and at half time,i was close to leaving, but glad i stayed. and i was glad to see maybe 20-30 fans who stayed behind to clap for cronin!! in the second half,mul was defending on his own. was glad we didnt lose, we deserved something from the second half!! now the clear out starts i guess!!
whether cronin will be in charge needs to be sorted asap, the decision about his future needs to be made,whether by him or the MC!

Blue-Army
23/11/2007, 10:46 PM
the decision about his future needs to be made,whether by him or the MC!

Gareth Cronin has confirmed that he is to remain on as Waterford United manager despite the club been relegated tonight.

He said that he wants to be part of the rebuilding process for the first division.

according to Adrian Flanaghan...

corkharps
24/11/2007, 1:08 AM
Hard luck tonight lads, though Waterford supporters were sound considering what had happened. GET RID OF CRONIN, if any team 3 down comes out and plays as ye did tonight in the first half...........Make him resign rather than sacking him..BTW Well done to the crew at the back of the shed who kept signing nomater! Good luck next season.

Anto McC
24/11/2007, 6:33 AM

You're right, i've never been to Talka. Tolka on the other hand, i've been there loads of times and i think if you ask anyone on here, which is the better stadium and where would they find the better atmosphere (in seriousness) they'll tell you Tolka.

Sniffer
24/11/2007, 1:53 PM
:o:mad:If only Vinny Sullivan hadn't missed that chance in Rovers!!!!

Did I read somewhere that he was sent off in the last minute last night; nothing about it in RTE's report?

trevy
24/11/2007, 8:31 PM
Did I read somewhere that he was sent off in the last minute last night; nothing about it in RTE's report?

Yeah he was sent off.It was off the ball tangle with a Harps defender.Didn't see what he did.Summed up our miserable season..