PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to do?

paul_oshea
23/11/2007, 12:29 PM
Simple question really.

On the unrealistic side of things, always wanted to be a lead guitarist ( tone deaf :D ) in a band or sound/light engineer.

If I wasn't doing what I do now, I think I would like to be a pilot or possibly a sound/light engineer, but dont think I'd be talented enough for that....:(

Magicme
23/11/2007, 12:35 PM
Totally Unrealistic dream job: Gymnast or Dancer.
Slightly more realistic dream job: writer/journo.
Dream job I will attain in 9 years: running a holistic retreat centre in the south of France.

paul_oshea
23/11/2007, 12:41 PM
What kind of dancer? all seriousness this time.

citizenerased
23/11/2007, 12:43 PM
musican, work for a record company, play for ireland

strangeirish
23/11/2007, 12:50 PM
Angelina Jolie!:D

Seriously though, always wanted to be a pilot, but my eyesight wasn't good enough.

paul_oshea
Angelina Jolie!:D

Seriously though, always wanted to be a pilot, but my eyesight wasn't good enough.

Ya, my eyesight has gotten considerably worse becuase of stupid PCs. I thought you could wear glasses now though?

Btw, I thought you went to america to follow yer dream....to become an "actor" ;)

Dodge
Film Director.

I've given up on semi realistic dream jobs.

strangeirish
23/11/2007, 1:01 PM
Btw, I thought you went to america to follow yer dream....to become an "actor" ;)
Back in the mid 80's, the only dream I had was to get the hell out of Ireland. However, when you own your own business, you do become an actor...;)

stann
23/11/2007, 1:02 PM
King.

a.a.d
23/11/2007, 1:07 PM
Have to say I have my Dream job(if only part time at the minute) but would love it as a full time job. Watching Football and being paid for it what more could I ask for?

anto1208
23/11/2007, 1:11 PM
Id love to write for TV or films no desire to be famous id just like to make some funny shows.

Now if i can just do like ricky Gervais did and find someone really funny to do all the work for me :D

superfrank
23/11/2007, 1:13 PM
Sports editor for any newspaper. Or a similar kind of job that Paddy Agnew has, living abroad, covering football and other news from that country.

MojoPin
23/11/2007, 1:34 PM
id like to be remembered.........

more precisely as the person who made cobh ramblers a european team like rosenborg.

seriously

DIFChick
23/11/2007, 2:06 PM
I had my dream job at the custom bike shop but sadly the business went bust...

Sligo Hornet
23/11/2007, 2:16 PM
I had my dream job at the custom bike shop but sadly the business went bust...

.....not enough "pedaling"?;)

DIFChick
23/11/2007, 2:42 PM
Sligo Hornet >> It was a Harley davidson custom bike shops, so not a lot of actual pedaling required. But I know what ya mean :D

Ya, half the squad were dossers and unfortunately also stealing cash right out of the safe...very bad situation in the end.

The honest working half were a riot and the boss was sound. Surrounded by beautiful bikes and met a lot of interesting customers.

I miss it a lot.

Lionel Ritchie
23/11/2007, 3:01 PM
Always reckoned I'd make an excellent tyrant ...or a damn good despot.

Always fancied archaeology (and female archaeologists!!!) as well. But sure they've their very own hatch down the dole office.

KevB76
23/11/2007, 5:13 PM
My dream job would be professional rally driver :D
but the more realistic ambition is to get my HGV licence :)

Magicme
23/11/2007, 6:09 PM
What kind of dancer? all seriousness this time.

Well did ballet and Jazz growing up so always kinda wanted to do that stuff. Of course Dirty Dancing had a big influence too! :D

tetsujin1979
23/11/2007, 7:12 PM
I'd like to be a pimp. From what I've read on foot.ie and seen on TV it involves selling eircom League players to English clubs and adding electronics to smashed up cars

Anto McC
23/11/2007, 7:21 PM
Where are all the men?

strangeirish
23/11/2007, 7:29 PM
Where are all the men?
They're all working. Have you done the dishes yet?:D

BohsPartisan
23/11/2007, 7:49 PM
Film Director.

I've given up on semi realistic dream jobs.

Not that unrealistic Dodge. Successful big money making film director is a long shot but with a bit of hard work people can make films, even in this country. Been down to filmbase? join up, do some of the courses.
I'm trying to get some short films made at the moment and also writing a feature length script.

Dodge
23/11/2007, 8:20 PM
Not that unrealistic Dodge. Successful big money making film director is a long shot but with a bit of hard work people can make films, even in this country. Been down to filmbase? join up, do some of the courses.
I'm trying to get some short films made at the moment and also writing a feature length script.

Too mcuh effort for me these days what with a real job, servicing the missus and Pats (not in that order)

Good luck though. Always love seeing people doing what they really want to do

Paddyfield
23/11/2007, 8:42 PM
They're all working. Have you done the dishes yet?:D

LOL strangerirish :D

I'd like a well paid job watching football, going on international junkets and getting generous expenses.

John Delaney. You are my hero :rolleyes:

BohsPartisan
23/11/2007, 10:48 PM
Too mcuh effort for me these days what with a real job, servicing the missus and Pats (not in that order)

Good luck though. Always love seeing people doing what they really want to do

You're servicing Pats? Sounds like a full time job alright! :D

Must say it is tough though. Trying to get stuff done when you're wrecked, trying to fit it in around work, home, football and of course for me, politics. Sometimes you want to say f'ck it all and give up. And I go through long periods of doing nowt. I still say give it a shot.

SÓC
24/11/2007, 12:37 AM
I'd like to have this guy's job

http://www.coimisineir.ie/index.php?page=failte

...bit sad but its the dream job whilst having some tiny tiny bit of realism as opposed to things like professional footballer etc

osarusan
24/11/2007, 2:47 AM
Boxing trainer. Amateur or pro, doesn't matter.

CollegeTillIDie
24/11/2007, 8:29 AM
I am a musician in my spare time write and record songs with my co-writer.
If I could start all over again I would like to be a record producer, well I do it as a hobby as things stand.

I wouldn't mind doing radio full time as I do it in a voluntary capacity at the moment.

Or writing about the ELOI though the money's not great in that racket , especially among freelancers.:D

paul_oshea
24/11/2007, 5:49 PM
Sligo Hornet >> It was a Harley davidson custom bike shops, so not a lot of actual pedaling required. But I know what ya mean :D

Ya, half the squad were dossers and unfortunately also stealing cash right out of the safe...very bad situation in the end.

The honest working half were a riot and the boss was sound. Surrounded by beautiful bikes and met a lot of interesting customers.

I miss it a lot.

ah stop a bit of motley crue/acdc/wasp and a harley nothing better \_/

when i get grow up and get a bit of money that ( some chopper/cruiser )will be the first toy I buy!!! :)

Kev, my mate got his hgv license at 22, so its definitely attainable, he only got his car license in december 2 years ago....my brother is hoping to get it too. But I'm sure you will be well able.

CTID, producer I would like too, I honestly feel I know how to make a song catchier, which from a simple view point is the job of a GOOD record producer. Thats another one really. I think anything to do with music to be honest. It makes up a big part of what I like to do in my spare time!! I go to enough gigs and music places on my own to want it!!!

Soper
24/11/2007, 6:13 PM
Professional Rugby player.

2 weeks ago, I started training as a semi professional, and ended up in casualty within an hour, with a suspected cruciate injury. So, so close

DmanDmythDledge
24/11/2007, 6:25 PM
Dream job would be an international footballer but I know that's not going to happen (don't even play anymore).

I'd like to be a football manager when I'm older (and not just someone in the Sunday Leagues)

kingdom hoop
25/11/2007, 1:43 AM
President of Ireland. :)

Genuinely, I feel I've nearly all the requisite characteristics. Except for realism maybe. :D **** it, I may aswell have a goal. Better start networking though.

BohsPartisan, presumably when the time comes I can rely on you for a party nomination yeah?

Jebus, you'll hopefully be my aide-de-camp. Let's give AUGUST some relevance and goals. I'm sure you won't mind if I take the glory, I mean, the head of state can't be ugly. :p

Must give this some more thought actually, good fun! All thoughts/opinions encouraged. (see, I'm being diplomatic already)

jebus
25/11/2007, 10:15 AM
Jebus, you'll hopefully be my aide-de-camp.

Hey, I ain't nobodies bitch! :p

kingdom hoop
26/11/2007, 2:03 AM
Hey, I ain't nobodies bitch! :p

Forget the bitch insinuations, think of it as the possibility for being a svengali. :)

You'll be the cunning puppeteer, me the smiling, dancing puppet. Deal?

Green Tribe
26/11/2007, 9:47 AM
I would love to have been a professional gymnast, unfortunately nearest club was nearly 2 hours drive away :mad: or on a lighter note I would like to have been a physiotherapist for the French rugby team ;):D

paul_oshea
26/11/2007, 10:25 AM
its not legs you want to rub GT!

Green Tribe
26/11/2007, 10:27 AM
its not legs you want to rub GT!

What do you mean?

Magicme
26/11/2007, 10:32 AM
God I wish I could get away with acting innocent like that! :D

paul_oshea
26/11/2007, 10:33 AM
God I wish I could get away with acting innocent like that! :D

Thing is, I think she doesn't actually cop MagicMe ;)

Green Tribe
26/11/2007, 10:37 AM
Thing is, I think she doesn't actually cop MagicMe ;)

Now now, dirty buggers ;):D

KevB76
27/11/2007, 5:18 PM
Kev, my mate got his hgv license at 22, so its definitely attainable, he only got his car license in december 2 years ago....my brother is hoping to get it too. But I'm sure you will be well able.

Appreciate the vote of confidence Paul :)
Any idea what sort of money I could take home in a month (not shy of putting in the hours) ?

Réiteoir
28/11/2007, 12:29 PM
id like to be remembered.........

more precisely as the person who made cobh ramblers a european team like rosenborg.

seriously

Cobhenborg :D

As for me - I'd love to work and live for a year over in Oslo - which I may explore further pretty soon

paul_oshea
28/11/2007, 1:38 PM
Appreciate the vote of confidence Paul
Any idea what sort of money I could take home in a month (not shy of putting in the hours) ?

well it depends what you do etc, if you do the long haul landbridge and/or continental between 1k and 1500 euro a month, plus the "extra" sides could bring ye in another grand or more ;)

My mate drives to dublin and sligo or dublin and castlebar, gets about 7 - 800 euro a week into his hand ( dont know how legit that is ), which is class for a student. thats doing about 5 days a week though....

Risteard
28/11/2007, 2:22 PM
On a serious note, I always fancied a pub for the kind of few hours per-week job.
I suppose people only take that up when they're 16.

gustavo
28/11/2007, 2:25 PM
"Remember me for my police work and not the murders"

Magicme
29/11/2007, 8:22 AM
On a serious note, I always fancied a pub for the kind of few hours per-week job.
I suppose people only take that up when they're 16.

I did my first bar work at the grand old age of 32! Part time in the clubhouse at Monaghan United. It is great. Go for it mister!

Risteard
30/11/2007, 3:35 AM
Might do.
The one job that would treasure my thirst for crap-talk.