PDA

View Full Version : Random Luxembourg discussion

pineapple stu
22/05/2003, 12:46 PM
Luxembourg will be covered, don't worry!

No room for pictures in the article, but at least I can come back to you and get some informed views rather than making stuff every week like I do at the moment?

By the way, where in Luxembourg are you? Have cousins over there - not sure where, mind you...:rolleyes:

Dricky
22/05/2003, 1:06 PM
So your cousins have a very easy life...

Luxembourg City itself, it's a small place I may even know them if the work in Finance, if it for European Commision I may not they are more settled families and that. theres only 80,000 living in the city that will tell you how small it is. pm me their names and that if you want and I'll let you know.

pineapple stu
22/05/2003, 4:37 PM
Originally posted by Dricky
pm me their names and that if you want and I'll let you know.

Bugger that - not my privacy at stake here! :)

The family is Woodger - they were living in Hamm until a couple of years ago, but moved since. My uncle (he's English - my dad's sister's husband) is working in the European Commission alright. I've heard about the Luxembourg life - loads of money and not bad cost of living either! Plus it does be sunny every now and again.

Knew a lad in College who was from Luxembourg as well - Keelan something or other. Small world...

By the way, College Till I Die - there are over 200 FIFA countries, but unfortunately, finding the league tables of non-European leagues (in a language I can understand!) is harder than it sounds! However, I can reveal that Venezuela, Iran, Indonesia, New Zealand, Ghana and Egypt will all be featuring in coming issues...

Dricky
23/05/2003, 8:10 AM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Bugger that - not my privacy at stake here! :)

The family is Woodger - they were living in Hamm until a couple of years ago, but moved since. My uncle (he's English - my dad's sister's husband) is working in the European Commission alright. I've heard about the Luxembourg life - loads of money and not bad cost of living either! Plus it does be sunny every now and again.

Knew a lad in College who was from Luxembourg as well - Keelan something or other. Small world...

If UCD beat CCFC this year I'll look their name up in the phone book and hunt them down. :D :D

nah can't say I know the name but if they are working for the commision then they have a very very nice life loads of money and low tax and if your married you tax drops to about 12% depending on wages etc. But even for the rest of us here it's a good life all right but it does have its down sides in winter time the nightlife isn't even Buttlans never mind Ibiza but then summer is very good here and feck it your in the middle of the EU so it's easy enough to go anywhere most of us do get out, Ireland is the hardest to get to. still it worth it there are about 3000 Irish here and only about 10 el fans seems a common enough ratio to back home.

IF you have a grasp of German annd a bit of french most Luxembourgish is base on them if you want footie details. www.rtl.lu
The standard isn't that high here.... but their facilities are great.

James
23/05/2003, 8:36 AM
sounds good any jobs going dricky?

Dricky
23/05/2003, 11:12 AM
If you reallly want to know how good it is
cig 2.80 /*20
Pint €3-3.50
Bottle of Smirnoff €8
Tax + Social security 25%. you get 80-90% back on you medical bills ALL medical bills
I could go on,
Wages are higher but the only real employers are Banks and EU so if you have languages and Finance experience loads of jobs come up otherwise you'd need to go through the American Banks here but they ain't Hiring at the mo business is quieter but steady.

Monster.lu is a good site it will give all the agancies anyway.