PDA

View Full Version : What do you work as?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

MojoPin
22/11/2007, 11:32 PM
has a thread along these lines ever been set up before?

ill start the ball rolling

full time student(estate agency) part time bartender if ya get me

dahamsta
23/11/2007, 12:20 AM
I'm a petrol delivery mechanism supervisor.

osarusan
23/11/2007, 12:40 AM
English teacher (language, not literature).

soccerc
23/11/2007, 12:47 AM
Full time carer

Dodge
23/11/2007, 12:56 AM
full time forum moderator

kingdom hoop
23/11/2007, 7:09 AM
part time bartender if ya get me

Cool. Didn't know such a service existed. Can I get you for next Friday? :D

Me? Ouuuu honesty or joke, honesty or joke??

Instinct tells me ye're all dying to know what I do so I'll go for honesty. (see the way I combined honesty with a joke there. :p)

Post-graduate student in law at the Mecca of legal erudition that is UCD. Awe inspiring eh! No particular plan to enter the depraved profession though. If anyone is looking for a lackey (I quite enjoy the simple joys of menial tasks) from May onwards my services will come at a very reasonable price. I'm actually being partly serious there. :o It's either that, drawing the dole and reading books, or maybe head off to some place random, maybe Tampa Bay to visit my spiritual guru - you know who you are! Though if anyone's noticed something from my posts that they think I'd be suited to please let me know as I'd like to find my true calling. Sound

Actually on that thought, it might be funny to just guess what people do. I'll start. I guess that tetsujin is an accountant owing to his mesmerising aggregating skills.

Mr A
23/11/2007, 7:50 AM
I do what Dilbert does, only my boss is quite nice.

Sligo Hornet
23/11/2007, 7:59 AM
I am Managing Director of two plastic manufacturing Companies, one in Harlow and one in Southampton......both Companies have a really nice Boss!;)

Maz
23/11/2007, 8:08 AM
Primary School Teacher

kingdom hoop
23/11/2007, 8:08 AM
Looks like Sligo Hornet has weighed in with an early claim for the title of richest man on foot.ie. :D

carrickharp
23/11/2007, 8:09 AM
Manage an office for a Construction company in Ranelagh but have changes planned for 2008!!

Magicme
23/11/2007, 8:27 AM
Part time Admin/Sec
Part time Media Officer
Full time Mum

tetsujin1979
23/11/2007, 8:58 AM
Actually on that thought, it might be funny to just guess what people do. I'll start. I guess that tetsujin is an accountant owing to his mesmerising aggregating skills.
Nope, computer programmer by trade, any aggregating atributed to me is all done in OpenOffice Calc!
Closest I ever came to accounting was doing it for the leaving cert.
Coincidentally, my youngest brother is an accountant at home in Limerick.

I'm going to guess that babysis is a legal secretary.

passinginterest
23/11/2007, 9:06 AM
I'm going to guess that a fair few others share my occupation, based on the amount of time spent on here, clerical officer, civil service. It's a tough job, but someone has to run the country...

paul_oshea
23/11/2007, 9:11 AM
full time forum moderator

For once, you arent being sarcastic!

Business/IT Consultant in FS.

OwlsFan
23/11/2007, 9:14 AM
Chief Executive of the FAI.

AidoM
23/11/2007, 9:21 AM
I am Managing Director of two plastic manufacturing Companies, one in Harlow and one in Southampton......both Companies have a really nice Boss!;)

Everything plastic (including Paddies) should be recycled ;) :D

citizenerased
23/11/2007, 9:25 AM
marketing for aib internetbanking...10th birthday party last night....dying ended up in coppers!!

gustavo
23/11/2007, 9:28 AM
I'm a software tester , which probably explains my ridiculous amounts of time spent on here

Magicme
23/11/2007, 9:34 AM
marketing for aib internetbanking...10th birthday party last night....dying ended up in coppers!!

Do you work in Naas?

Sligo Hornet
23/11/2007, 9:40 AM
Everything plastic (including Paddies) should be recycled ;) :D

Be careful Aido.....as an expert in recycling, I might investigate the possiblity of following the example of ultimate recycling seen in Soylent Green!!;)

DIFChick
23/11/2007, 10:00 AM
Office/Admin for a commercial property broker.

Previous occupations: nurses aide, caretaker, medical secretary, waitress/bartender and front office manager at custom bike shop.

citizenerased
23/11/2007, 10:25 AM
Do you work in Naas?

no ballsbridge...y do u?

MojoPin
23/11/2007, 10:33 AM
dif chick... im hope to be workin in your area pretty soon.. well commercial property anyway..

Magicme
23/11/2007, 10:39 AM
no ballsbridge...y do u?

No my ex hubby works in Naas & was gonna get you to wreck his head for me! :D

DIFChick
23/11/2007, 10:40 AM
Commercial is the way to go at the mo. This side of the property market isn't showing any signs of slowing down. Best of luck MojoPin

Schlooooomp
23/11/2007, 10:49 AM
I work as a technical architect for a consulting and outsourcing company in financial services

paul_oshea
23/11/2007, 10:53 AM
Commercial is the way to go at the mo. This side of the property market isn't showing any signs of slowing down. Best of luck MojoPin

No, and it never will unless there is a huge downturn in the economy. Its not affected by the lay person, more by industry. But then there is always wealthy people anyway, who are always willing to invest and lease.

I work as a technical architect for a consulting and outsourcing company in financial services

In Dublin?, do you mind saying who for? Eventually the plan would be to move home....but not sure I want to stay in the IT area or focus more on the business side....

Schlooooomp
23/11/2007, 11:23 AM
Yep, in the heart of Dublin with a company called Mercer (http://www.mercer.ie), you can check out our website to see what we do, pretty interesting despite the perceived boredom associated with our work

paul_oshea
23/11/2007, 11:26 AM
Ah ya, I know Mercer well a load of mates worked for them in Cork and Belfast. Over here they do less of the HR stuff and more of the acturial and Stats for IBs. Good company to work for in fairness....but I wouldn't have put them in the league of consultancy really....

Lionel Ritchie
23/11/2007, 11:29 AM
I ...solve problems.

If you can find me I can help you.

Magicme
23/11/2007, 11:30 AM
Mr T....is that you??

tetsujin1979
23/11/2007, 11:41 AM
no ballsbridge...y do u?
Is that BankCentre? I did 8 months as a college intern there a while back. Worked with some bunch of alcos.

John83
23/11/2007, 11:44 AM
Cool. Didn't know such a service existed. Can I get you for next Friday? :D

Me? Ouuuu honesty or joke, honesty or joke??

Instinct tells me ye're all dying to know what I do so I'll go for honesty. (see the way I combined honesty with a joke there. :p)

Post-graduate student in law at the Mecca of legal erudition that is UCD. Awe inspiring eh! No particular plan to enter the depraved profession though. If anyone is looking for a lackey (I quite enjoy the simple joys of menial tasks) from May onwards my services will come at a very reasonable price. I'm actually being partly serious there. :o It's either that, drawing the dole and reading books, or maybe head off to some place random, maybe Tampa Bay to visit my spiritual guru - you know who you are! Though if anyone's noticed something from my posts that they think I'd be suited to please let me know as I'd like to find my true calling. Sound

I could always use a human footstool. What are your rates?

I'm an engineering postgrad in UCD.

citizenerased
23/11/2007, 12:15 PM
Is that BankCentre? I did 8 months as a college intern there a while back. Worked with some bunch of alcos.

well we are in goodbodys at the moment, when did you work there? Im probably one of those afforementioned alcos..whats ur first name lad?

Magicme, whats your hubbys name, might know him what area does he work for? PM Me

tetsujin1979
23/11/2007, 12:16 PM
well we are in goodbodys at the moment, when did you work there? Im probably one of those afforementioned alcos..whats ur first name lad?
Many moons ago, February until September of 1999. Did some work on the Y2K stuff.

Magicme
23/11/2007, 12:20 PM
Magicme, whats your hubbys name, might know him what area does he work for? PM Me

EX hubby! Got rid of the fecker over 8 yrs ago!

citizenerased
23/11/2007, 12:20 PM
before my time im afraid, only doin my jnior cert that year...ha.....youl be glad to hear the alcohol culture is alive and well, was in coppers last night till 4 ...dying today

tetsujin1979
23/11/2007, 12:29 PM
before my time im afraid, only doin my jnior cert that year...ha.....youl be glad to hear the alcohol culture is alive and well, was in coppers last night till 4 ...dying today
A familiar lament ;)

paul_oshea
23/11/2007, 12:30 PM
Tets, I always thought you were a Pharmaceutical Distributor?! Is that only on yer spare time these days?! ;)

citizenerased
23/11/2007, 12:32 PM
say its a hobbie alright!

a.a.d
23/11/2007, 12:37 PM
I am A full Time Student

And Part time Sub editor of sport for a TV Station

Wolfie
23/11/2007, 12:46 PM
Elevator Operator. Work is up and down at the moment.

Taxi. Coat. Indeed.

sonofstan
23/11/2007, 12:47 PM
Post-grad student in UCD, occasional small time music business operative....(a roadie in other words) - and Paul O'Shea, I've done both your dream jobs...... both can also be nightmares like any other gig!

paul_oshea
23/11/2007, 12:48 PM
stan ive played in a band when i was younger, i was more thinking touring like globally not just locally!!! Have ye done it all over the shop or just in ireland?!

superfrank
23/11/2007, 12:51 PM
I'm a full time student and amateur journalist.

sonofstan
23/11/2007, 12:54 PM
stan ive played in a band when i was younger, i was more thinking touring like globally not just locally!!! Have ye done it all over the shop or just in ireland?!

My playing was all over the shop......... not quite globally, but, yeah, toured a bit and made records; professional as in didn't make any money, but didn't have time to do anything else....

Dodge
23/11/2007, 1:02 PM
amateur journalist.

Do you work with the Indo?

strangeirish
23/11/2007, 1:07 PM
Mortgage Brokerage business owner and as a hobby, portfolio photographer.

superfrank
23/11/2007, 1:10 PM
Do you work with the Indo?
No college paper. Don't worry Dodge, I'm going to be a sports journalist seen as I can't articulate well enough to be a social commentator.