PDA

View Full Version : Dave Warren

Pages : [1] 2 3

ramsfan
22/11/2007, 11:34 AM
just read on close season transfers el forum tht dave warren is leaving utd to sign for ramblers
i for one dont want him back, we were not good enough last year for him not we are, please dont make us go down this road of filling up with mercenaries in place of the lads who really got us where we are:mad:

MojoPin
22/11/2007, 11:45 AM
i despise the man for leaving us..... but if he can committ and prove he can play as good as ever maybe even for less wages than he was on before ill welcome him back no doubt hes is a talented footballer.....

but we have to give him a hard time to let him know he has to prove himself

Rams-07
22/11/2007, 11:48 AM
thnk the reason he left us in the first place is because he was asked to take a pay cut every season and he didnt think it was fair.
He would make a good squad player at the right price

MyTown
22/11/2007, 11:51 AM
Thought he did a great job for Waterford on the two occasions I saw him this season.

drinkfeckarse
22/11/2007, 11:55 AM
Whose place would he potentially take?? Debatable whether his presence would improve the first XI.

ramsfan
22/11/2007, 12:00 PM
he has the pace to really make us better up front, if he drops into midfield we will lose that solid platform which the team uses to build up play.he is not a tackler and dont think he has work ethic of barrett/kearney/mucky:ball:

ramsfan
22/11/2007, 12:00 PM
should be hasnt the pace , misquote there lads sorry:o

MojoPin
22/11/2007, 12:02 PM
well we need cover and as rams07 said at the right price he would be great.. no transfer fee we know he is a good player and is very experienced.. great competition for all the midfielders and strikers.. we are short on bodies we need players of quality..

warren was dropped wages every year which is unfair and i think it serves him right that he got relagated and his teamates got league winners medals...

don ramo
22/11/2007, 12:19 PM
dont want him, he scored a double hat-trick there once, thats his rep, he didnt even get 6 goals his last season with rams, so hes no good up front, and he has nowhere near the presence of mucky, kearney and barret, hes was deadwood he held players back, when him and the other wtaerford ramblers left, the very talented young players stood up to be counted, and they were,

MojoPin
22/11/2007, 12:24 PM
dont want him, he scored a double hat-trick there once, thats his rep, he didnt even get 6 goals his last season with rams, so hes no good up front, and he has nowhere near the presence of mucky, kearney and barret, hes was deadwood he held players back, when him and the other wtaerford ramblers left, the very talented young players stood up to be counted, and they were,

some very true points there....

but with that attitude we'll sign nobody... we need to sign locally based players... at the furthest an hours drive away no dublin, limerick,l waterford based players the travel will catch up with them. warren is local he has talent and is a free agent lets face it i think we will lose at least on player over the close season and thats brings our squad of quality players down too 14 or 15....

don ramo
22/11/2007, 12:42 PM
ya but they left us for money reasons, and now we have money again there trying to crawl back, there are other options rather than former players id say,

rambler14
22/11/2007, 12:47 PM
Hes a good player but I don't think he suits the new style of football Ramblers play.
I'd sign him as a squad player. He'd be a good option from the bench but I don't see him getting in the 1st eleven every week.

don ramo
22/11/2007, 1:08 PM
Hes a good player but I don't think he suits the new style of football Ramblers play.
I'd sign him as a squad player. He'd be a good option from the bench but I don't see him getting in the 1st eleven every week.

yes but i dunno how he was in the first eleven ever week, when he was up front and not scorin, nobody was, he was a favourite even though he wasnt playin great, we cant have that in teh prem,

MojoPin
22/11/2007, 4:09 PM
so who do u suggest we sign? JOF... honestly id have dave warren in the side over JOF less wages and less injury prone... and another thing who said we had money?????? club still has to bidget this year hopefully we dont spend spend spend because thats only going back to square one but im pretty sure we have the right people in the club money wise

don ramo
22/11/2007, 4:12 PM
so who do u suggest we sign? JOF... honestly id have dave warren in the side over JOF less wages and less injury prone... and another thing who said we had money?????? club still has to bidget this year hopefully we dont spend spend spend because thats only going back to square one but im pretty sure we have the right people in the club money wise

yes we do have the right people in place,
i meant we will have a bigger budget next year, not hundreds of thousand but bigger, not JOF never

MojoPin
22/11/2007, 4:15 PM
i think the new season will bump players up a small bit but not much and also allow for us too sign about 5 players

Rams-07
22/11/2007, 5:03 PM
Think Warren would be a good signing,he wasnt a bad player when he went to Waterford and now he`s had a season in the premier he should be better,sharper and stronger.

ramblersnb1
22/11/2007, 7:44 PM
lads warren was always a good finisher 6 in one game lik .... imagine him on the end of some of the chances we created this year most cool headed player ive seen in the eircom league

Comic Book Guy
22/11/2007, 9:04 PM
One half of me would be delighted to see him back, on the other hand it would be unfair on some of the young players who helped us up, but I suppose Hendo can't be too sentimental when it comes to signing or releasing players because keeping us in the premier next season is all that matters.

depor
23/11/2007, 12:08 AM
this is what i think, he wanted more money off ramblers and left when he didnt get it, what makes him think he's worth more than the players who stayed and got us promoted. deadwood as far as im concerned, scored a few goals but not up to the standard, the players we have are better.

since him and breen left we have a better team, we saw who the grafters and loyal ones were. theres no point in spending for spending sake, we need quality, 15 goal a season man.

stann
23/11/2007, 1:19 AM
Don't be so daft, he'd be a fine addition to ye if he does sign, he's turned into a super player over the last 12 months, and we'll be gutted to lose him.
Him going back to ye is far from certain, by the way, the only sure thing yet is he's got a clause in his contract that releases him from us a year early when and if we go down. He'll be signing for some Premier side, have no doubt about that, and as a defensive mid, not a striker, one thing GC got right this year.
As most of ye seem too young to remember your last sojourn in the top flight, take it from me he'd be exactly the type of player you'll need to strengthen your team. He has a year's Premier experience too which few of your squad have. Don't let perceived, and totally misplaced, notions of mercenary behaviour get in the way of welcoming back a quality player.

bellavistaman
23/11/2007, 7:47 AM
id take him any daY, class act IMO.

rambler14
23/11/2007, 9:15 AM
we need quality, 15 goal a season man.

Exactly. We've needed a 15 goal a season man for quite some time. I know Davin scored 15 but he scored a good few of them from left-midfield and Cummins scored 12 from upfront but lets face it after the two of them nobody really got near breaking into double figures. Ramblers problem seems to be spreading the goals around just look:
Number of Players to have Scored
Shelbourne 17
Kildare County 16
Limerick 37 16
Finn Harps 15
Dundalk 15
Wexford Youths 14
Kilkenny City 13
Monaghan United 13
Athlone Town 12
Cobh Ramblers 11

League winners and only 11 different players scored. Thats not good enough. If only 11 different players score in the Premier Division next year then we'll probably be coming straight back down.
Next year if we have Cummins up top with a guaranteed 15 goal a season man and we have Davin cutting in from the wing then I think we'll be safe enough because we will have to score goals next year to ensure survival.

rammie
23/11/2007, 2:55 PM
There is far too much sentiment here... lets look at it coldly..

1. Dave Warren is a class act

2. We need experience to bring on the younger lads otherwise they'll be savaged in the premier and we'll get relegated

3. Loyalty will get you relegated... you have to be ruthless and sign or release players when needed.. not a nice job but part of the managers job.

MojoPin
23/11/2007, 2:57 PM
exactly.. warren is a class act.. lets not forget that kearney and barret are young and very inexperienced

depor
23/11/2007, 3:00 PM
There is far too much sentiment here... lets look at it coldly..

1. Dave Warren is a class act

2. We need experience to bring on the younger lads otherwise they'll be savaged in the premier and we'll get relegated

3. Loyalty will get you relegated... you have to be ruthless and sign or release players when needed.. not a nice job but part of the managers job.

class act:p, your deluding urself. thats why waterford are coming straight back down. experience is needed but warren has only 1 disasterous year in the prem. we are not on about loyalty for loyaltys sake, i just said that he rates himself too highly. this years team is better than the team warren was in and we have the title to prove it.

maybe we should sign him on terms that suit ramblers. but we shouldnt have to pay him much as his options are limited, 1st div football with waterford or prem with us.

MojoPin
23/11/2007, 3:07 PM
silly man... how many waterford games have you seen this year? this years team is a great team but if you think we are staying up with this team and no addittions (not just talking about warren) you are crazy. 3 teams straight down.. anyone from sligo or below would of been worring this year if it was the same case..

this thread is an observation

tick the boxes on warren

available??? yes
cost?? free
local?? yes
talent?? yes

don ramo
23/11/2007, 3:48 PM
he doesn't he have talent, compare him to the others in the side

vs barrett, cant tackle
vs kearney, cant pass as well
vs davin, mikey or cambridge, cant run
va cummins and o'reilly, will never score as many as them, ever

so what do you suggest, that we play warren with kearney to help him get expierience while leavein barrett on the bench, or drop o'reilly or cummins, all our player are better than warren in a few ways, so as simple as possible we need to add to this squad, we need someon to shake it up dont think kearney will fear warren takin his place cause he is obviousley beeter than warren,

at the end of the day, warren played in a team that finnished rock bottom and only finnished second bottom due to longford acting the ********,

MojoPin
23/11/2007, 4:06 PM
all our player are better than warren in a few ways, ,

and warren is better in other areas than ours...

don ramo
23/11/2007, 4:10 PM
where barrett is the defensive midfielder, and a good one at that, and kearney attacks and is good at that, we have wingers, if hendo can he should get someone who will realistically dislodge one of the current squad from there starting place, and i dont think warren quaifies

MojoPin
23/11/2007, 4:14 PM
6 goals in a game.. good finisher maybe it was fluke but maybe i was one of only about 200 watching that game 3 yrs ago so maybe ye cant comment on it. now try and tell me alan king or sean daly or even martin deady is better than warren.. look debate over u win warren is **** beause he couldnt keep waterford up.. lets go sign soemone you like.....

rambler14
23/11/2007, 4:15 PM
There are 3 positions in the squad where someone can come in to the team.
I can see someone coming in to possibly dislodge McCarthy.
Someone who can play right-mid possibly give Muckie and Cambridge a run for their money.(SOMEBODY PACEY) I know Cambridge is fast but possibly someone with more experience.
A new striker who could come in to the team and possibly replace O'Reilly not Cummins hes too valuable to the way our team is run.

MojoPin
23/11/2007, 4:21 PM
mccarthy is a great keeper he makes some errors but so does every other keeper... just look at carson the other night.. mccarthy is an asset on crosses.. you have a personal problem with mccarthy sort it out.

i think cambridge and davin are solid on the wings i think we are a little too weak in the middle but not too by far at all

bellavistaman
23/11/2007, 4:25 PM
Stop mouthin off mccarthy ffs. Dont konw what season youve being watching boy. Build a bloody bridge there.

As for warren i reckon he would get more goals than cummins. Think yere giving him no credit on his ability, he was definitly one of the most intelligent players rams have had in years. Lng way behind Davin alright.

rambler14
23/11/2007, 4:27 PM
mccarthy is a great keeper he makes some errors but so does every other keeper... just look at carson the other night.. mccarthy is an asset on crosses.. you have a personal problem with mccarthy sort it out.

Hold on a second!!!!!! I'm not sayin what u think i'm sayin about him. I'm just sayin that there is better keepers out there than him. I'll admit hes a good keeper, Not a great keeper. He's an excellent shotstopper and hes excellent at crosses. But his decision making is absolutely awful and his kicking is atrocious. I'll admit his kicking has improved, he seems to have changed his style. If he keeps improving all round not just on his kicking then i have no problem with him being our keeper.

rambler14
23/11/2007, 4:28 PM
Stop mouthin off mccarthy ffs.

Jesus relax all i said was someone could come in and possibly dislodge him i never bad mouthed him.

MojoPin
23/11/2007, 4:29 PM
i taught his distribution was excellent all year and there is no doubt he cost us 2 gamers at the start of the seaon but he played exceptionally over the rest of what he played over the season...

name a better keeper?

rambler14
23/11/2007, 4:35 PM
name a better keeper?

Brendan O'Connell at Corinthians.
But i'd be willing to give Bilko a shot.

bellavistaman
23/11/2007, 4:38 PM
Brendan O'Connell at Corinthians.
But i'd be willing to give Bilko a shot.

A MSL keeper stop will ya. BIlkos kickin used be terrible his keeping has being grand this year.

Cici900
23/11/2007, 4:38 PM
Bilko is unreal!! I know he made some mistakes but thats just inexperience. But he made some unbelievable saves this season

rambler14
23/11/2007, 4:39 PM
A MSL keeper stop will ya. BIlkos kickin used be terrible his keeping has being grand this year.

I only mentioned him if and when Bilko leaves. By the way Bilko's an MSL keeper aswell ya plank where do ya think we signed him from?

bellavistaman
23/11/2007, 4:44 PM
Dont even go there with the name callin im ****in warning ya. He was 3 years ago and learned his trade in first division big difference. Were a prem club now, standard bar is raised.If your man signed i would welcome him as any player, but Bilko will be number 1. And hes going nowhere BTW.

MojoPin
23/11/2007, 4:45 PM
bilko was a reserve MSL keeper at that... imo bilko is on eof the best in cork better than both cities keepers anyway.. now taht devine is losing it and mcnulty threw it all away

rambler14
23/11/2007, 4:50 PM
Dont even go there with the name callin im ****in warning ya. He was 3 years ago and learned his trade in first division big difference. Were a prem club now, standard bar is raised.If your man signed i would welcome him as any player, but Bilko will be number 1. And hes going nowhere BTW.

I never said he was goin anywhere. I told ya i'd gladly welcome him back next year as our number 1 because as I said he has improved of late. Although his decision making must improve. No more of this Kamikaze keeping we witnessed over the course of the year. i.e charging out at the attacker when the defender is in control of the situation.

rambler14
23/11/2007, 4:53 PM
now taht devine is losing it and mcnulty threw it all away

Two disasters right there.

bellavistaman
23/11/2007, 4:55 PM
Sorry anyway i forgot i dealing with the great dane himself, my bad.

don ramo
23/11/2007, 5:07 PM
6 goals in a game.. good finisher maybe it was fluke but maybe i was one of only about 200 watching that game 3 yrs ago so maybe ye cant comment on it. now try and tell me alan king or sean daly or even martin deady is better than warren.. look debate over u win warren is **** beause he couldnt keep waterford up.. lets go sign soemone you like.....

absoulute fluke, how many did he score in his last season with us, when he was our number one striker, cant remeber my self exactly biut it was around 6, fluke as i said already, thats all hes done, its even on his profile at WUFC, sorry but judgin on his last season with us he would ass debth not talent thats all, we need talent more than anything,

MojoPin
23/11/2007, 5:16 PM
were davin, reilly and cummins not with us last year?

don ramo
23/11/2007, 6:09 PM
were davin, reilly and cummins not with us last year?
cummins was only breakin through, o'reilly was injured, and davin was not long after makin the step up from MSL, plus as i said he was number one striker so he was the target man look what happened when he wasnt, davin got 15 cummins got 11 and o'reilly got 8 even though he was out most of the season, last few games you could see reilly get better and better,

marty
23/11/2007, 8:04 PM
Either way Hendo and Cambridge will do the signing so no point in bickering amongst each other,i reacon theres MSL players out there who can make the cut and we have a manager and coach who can spot it.Warren would be a good squad addition for small money but we really need a quality striker and a versatile defender and midfielder at the moment.I presume we cant take for granted the currrent is staying so new contracts is a first and 2 years all round!