PDA

View Full Version : City v Shels latest

NorthoftheLee
22/05/2003, 4:50 PM
As I can't be at the game tomorrow night....:big cry: (if it existed!)..............i'll get it in now......

COME ON CITY!!!!!
PAT DOLANS' REBEL ARMY!!!

RedX
22/05/2003, 5:32 PM
I will pass that message on sometime during tommorrow nights game....

Trax
22/05/2003, 6:24 PM
Ditto

goalside
22/05/2003, 7:00 PM
ditto

Tom Peppers
23/05/2003, 12:00 PM
Oh ya and lads where exactly will ye be standing. Or i mean sitting. The amount of b*****t that goes on here is unbelievable. Ye all talk of singing but where are ye when the actual game starts. Sitting in the donie forde eating prawn sandwiches and then after go on foot and say what a great atmosphere it was and that ye sang yere hearts out. And goalside your opinion doesnt really matter as you happen to be james invention and lovechild

Soko
23/05/2003, 2:45 PM
Well said Tom P! Do they sell prawn sandwiches in the Donie Ford these days?

tiktok
23/05/2003, 3:08 PM
prawn sandwiches......you can catch, :o i mean get anything from the van at the back of the st.anne's end. :D

pete
23/05/2003, 6:42 PM
Word just in....

DALY starts at full back!

:rolleyes:

pete
23/05/2003, 7:03 PM
Scrap that. Daly not starting!

Billy at left back.

thecorner
23/05/2003, 11:55 PM
billy had a great game back there. get off his back

thecorner
24/05/2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Tom Peppers
Oh ya and lads where exactly will ye be standing. Or i mean sitting. The amount of b*****t that goes on here is unbelievable. Ye all talk of singing but where are ye when the actual game starts. Sitting in the donie forde eating prawn sandwiches and then after go on foot and say what a great atmosphere it was and that ye sang yere hearts out. And goalside your opinion doesnt really matter as you happen to be james invention and lovechild

ALRIGHT ROY!!!!!!!!!!!

goalside
24/05/2003, 9:59 AM
i'm hoarse from singing last night. will have to miss the eurovision tonite. :mad:

A face
24/05/2003, 4:14 PM
Result: Cork City 0 - 0 Shelbourne
Cork City blew their chance to close within a point of league leaders Shelbourne at Turner's Cross tonight, as the Dubliners held City to a scoreless draw. John O'Flynn saw his last-minute penalty saved by Steve Williams, after George O'Callaghan was barged over in the area in what was one of City's best moves of the game. Dan Murray supplied the ball to John O'Flynn, whose deft backheel found O'Callaghan with space in the box. Jim O'Neill had no hesitation in awarding the penalty, but O'Flynn's penalty, placed to the 'keepers left, was saved.
The first half was a dull affair, with plenty of hoofing on display. Pat Dolan made no changes at the break, but Kevin Doyle found a new lease of life on the right wing in the second half. His enthusiasm wasn't enough to spur a goal out of City, and Colin P O'Brien's introduction came too late for him to be of any effect.
Interestingly, Dolan chose to play Billy Woods at left-back, while young Denis Behan took his place in midfield.
Cork City: Michael Devine; Alan Carye, Dan Murray, Alan Bennett, Billy Woods; Kevin Doyle, Greg O'Halloran, Conor O'Grady, Denis Behan; John O'Flynn, George O'Callaghan.

www.eirways.com/citynet (http://www.eirways.com/citynet/index.php?p=395&more=1#more395)

A face
24/05/2003, 4:16 PM
Williams saves Shels

Cork City 0-0 Shelbourne
A last minute penalty save by Steve William for nine-man Shelbourne ensured his side of a point in a disappointing tie at Turners Cross.

It was a bit of a nightmare for the eircom soccer writer’s player of the month for April, John O’Flynn. The Cork star placed the ball on the spot in the 90th minute after George O’Callaghan had been taken down by Jim Crawford. It was a second bookable offence for Crawford and he made the long walk for his sins. As the home crowd anticipated the goal that would bring them within a point of leaders Shels, Williams parried O’Flynn’s kick and the final whistle blew shortly afterwards.

It was agony for the home side but in fairness Shelbourne were good value for the point as they had battled ferociously after Jim Gannon was dismissed on 76 minutes. It looked a harsh call by referee Jimmy O’Neill, but the man in the middle had no hesitation after Gannon tripped O’Callaghan.

The slick surface led to some flying tackles and the game was only a quarter of an hour old when Richie Baker and Greg O’Halloran had to be separated by the referee. Kevin Doyle had a chance for the home side shortly afterwards but Kevin Doherty closed him down in the penalty box. Jason Byrne volleyed over for the visitors before O’Callaghan latched onto a poor clearance by Thomas Butler, but his volley went over the Shelbourne crossbar.

The second period was little improvement on the first until the excitement late on, but Cork pressed with Billy Woods and Doyle ensuring that Williams was kept busy in the Shels goal.

Cork City – Devine, Carey, Bennett, Murray, Woods, Behan (CP O’Brien 87), O’Grady, O’Halloran, Doyle, O’Callaghan, Flynn.

Shelbourne – Williams, Heary, Doherty (Gannon 17), A McCarthy, Crawley, R Baker (G McCarthy 67), Crawford, Morgan, Hoolahan, Geoghegan (Cahill 74), Byrne.

Referee – J O’Neill (Waterford)

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=5632)

Trax
24/05/2003, 4:57 PM
Did anyone else get a bad gut feeling when Flynny placed he ball on the spot??? He's not that great at taking spotters,I think Dan should take them he'd rip the net!!

pete
26/05/2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by A face
...a poor clearance by Thomas Butler...

Butler?

:confused:

maybe Morgan?