PDA

View Full Version : Football In Shannon

Pages : [1] 2

smellyfeet
22/11/2007, 9:45 AM
:ball:

Lev Yashin
22/11/2007, 12:14 PM
There's football in shannon these days????
i thought everyone was just drinking!!:confused:

riverside
22/11/2007, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=shannonman;821437]There's football in shannon these days????
i thought everyone was just drinking!!:confused:[/QUO

Mostly on a saturday night;)

shanman2
22/11/2007, 12:30 PM
What state is Shannon soccer in at the moment. How are shannon Town, Newtown and Shannon Olympic getting on? Would anyone dare pick a Shannon select II? Or is it that bad?

platini
22/11/2007, 4:27 PM
What state is Shannon soccer in at the moment. How are shannon Town, Newtown and Shannon Olympic getting on? Would anyone dare pick a Shannon select II? Or is it that bad?
1.Skinny, Tom o hare, Darren Griffin, Brian O Connor, Darren Ryan(if fit),Pakie Darcy, Dolnnacha Kelly

Jamie Cullen, Monny, Gerry Kelly, Cheeky

Best i can come up with??

Lev Yashin
01/12/2007, 7:46 AM
packie darcy doesn't technically live or play in shannon anymore........

Lev Yashin
05/12/2007, 12:16 PM
he has signed for the bridge.

Question...are park rangers drivin players out??

we have just signed a park player who was at the club since he was a kid and would never have considered signing for us but now feels like he isn't wanted or needed down there

shanman2
05/12/2007, 12:18 PM
he has signed for the bridge.

Question...are park rangers drivin players out??

we have just signed a park player who was at the club since he was a kid and would never have considered signing for us but now feels like he isn't wanted or needed down there

Who is the player that has moved down?

Lev Yashin
05/12/2007, 12:22 PM
Shane MacCarthy

shanman2
05/12/2007, 12:26 PM
Shane MacCarthy

I don't think he was getting on down there. A few of the lads said that he had some knee problems. Obviously that was wrong and he didn't want to fight for his place? God I thought he was Mr. Park AFC. Great addition for the "town" however, he will add alot of pace to the front line.(badly needed)

brutus
05/12/2007, 1:06 PM
we have just signed a park player who was at the club since he was a kid and would never have considered signing for us but now feels like he isn't wanted or needed down there[/QUOTE]

He was wanted and needed down there,but wouldnt fight for his place ,Dermot finnan and peter webb,rang shane,on the phone to him for over 45 mins,trying to persuade him to stay,even offered him come back for 1 month and see how you get on,if you dont like it still,you can leave,Shane was having none of it,so decided to join his brother up in shannon town,bigger blow that left after being with the club so long,but he will be back next year,when park are in 1A and shannon town are in 1B.:p

Goals4fun
05/12/2007, 2:55 PM

He was wanted and needed down there,but wouldnt fight for his place ,Dermot finnan and peter webb,rang shane,on the phone to him for over 45 mins,trying to persuade him to stay,even offered him come back for 1 month and see how you get on,if you dont like it still,you can leave,Shane was having none of it,so decided to join his brother up in shannon town,bigger blow that left after being with the club so long,but he will be back next year,when park are in 1A and shannon town are in 1B.:p[/QUOTE]

will be a loss to PAFC. Maybe not now but if they go up they will need a few more players like him. are the wheels coming off? wonder did dermot offer him any of his pay cheque to stay (now I am just being bold:D)

brutus
05/12/2007, 3:07 PM
will be a loss to PAFC. Maybe not now but if they go up they will need a few more players like him. are the wheels coming off? wonder did dermot offer him any of his pay cheque to stay (now I am just being bold:D)[/QUOTE]

like i said bigger loss to shane because he will be playing in 1b next year with shannon town and wont get the chance to play his old club because they will be in 1a,theres always the wesly webb i suppose :D

shanman2
05/12/2007, 3:18 PM
will be a loss to PAFC. Maybe not now but if they go up they will need a few more players like him. are the wheels coming off? wonder did dermot offer him any of his pay cheque to stay (now I am just being bold:D)

like i said bigger loss to shane because he will be playing in 1b next year with shannon town and wont get the chance to play his old club because they will be in 1a,theres always the wesly webb i suppose :D[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't he come back next year?? He would get his place back I'm sure! Can't see many of the lads playing this year starting next year if Park do get promoted.:ball:

brutus
06/12/2007, 6:59 AM
here's one for ya brutal..when park get promoted in 2nd place and shannon town stay in 1a..whats the bet that finnan will ship you and some more of the new guys out and bring in a few lads from limerick.(money)..bet you wouldn't stay around if not playing(ie newtown last year):p[/QUOTE]

:D you have the wrong person you bitter old fool,can you not just get over that the lads that went to park from newtown left because newtown manager (o mahony)was a complete disgrace of a manager,he knew nothing about preparation for a game,did not know how to train a team,unless it was run around 4 cones and in to a game of ball,brilliant training:D,team selection were out of shape,ie playing players in positions were they never played before,absolute genius,thats why them guys left there young and want to keep learning,the only thing they would learn off o mahony is,how to play a good hand in the pub on a sunday evening.

shanman2
06/12/2007, 7:50 AM
Unfortunately Brutus he may be right (if Finnan sticks around) players will be brought in. Most of the players (from what I've seen) have been given a chance against teams in 1A and lets face it the results have been less than impressive. 7-4 away to Charleville, 5-0 against Herbertstown. Thats 12 against and 4 for over the course of 180 mins football and that Brutus is relegation form in any division.

brutus
06/12/2007, 8:14 AM
Unfortunately Brutus he may be right (if Finnan sticks around) players will be brought in. Most of the players (from what I've seen) have been given a chance against teams in 1A and lets face it the results have been less than impressive. 7-4 away to Charleville, 5-0 against Herbertstown. Thats 12 against and 4 for over the course of 180 mins football and that Brutus is relegation form in any division.

Of course players will be brought in,clubs are looking to strengten there teams every season,besides i didnt say they wouldnt,the only thing that needs to be strenghtened is our defence,which will be sorted if theres promotion and maybe one more centre midfielder apart from that the team is good.

shanman2
06/12/2007, 9:23 AM
Of course players will be brought in,clubs are looking to strengten there teams every season,besides i didnt say they wouldnt,the only thing that needs to be strenghtened is our defence,which will be sorted if theres promotion and maybe one more centre midfielder apart from that the team is good.

Maybe 3 or four of the defenders would be able to handle it Park have 3 good full backs and 1 centre half is all that the side has at the moment. Right Midfield is still a massive problem, a centre back, a centre midfielder maybe move Eddie Dunne out wide and bring in a scrapper into midfield, a striker and a few more on the bench are all musts for next year. Thats if players like you can take them to promotion?:ball::ball:

ParkLife
06/12/2007, 9:34 AM
Most of the players (from what I've seen) have been given a chance against teams in 1A and lets face it the results have been less than impressive. 7-4 away to Charleville, 5-0 against Herbertstown. Thats 12 against and 4 for over the course of 180 mins football and that Brutus is relegation form in any division.

Very good comment, Park are far from good enough for 1A,also there's a long way to go in 1B with a massive amount of away games to come,so it's not done and dusted just yet.I could be wrong on this, but wasn't part of the deal with Finnan that he couldn't bring in any players from Limerick?

brutus
06/12/2007, 9:38 AM
Maybe 3 or four of the defenders would be able to handle it Park have 3 good full backs and 1 centre half is all that the side has at the moment. Right Midfield is still a massive problem, a centre back, a centre midfielder maybe move Eddie Dunne out wide and bring in a scrapper into midfield, a striker and a few more on the bench are all musts for next year. Thats if players like you can take them to promotion?:ball::ball:

No woodzy and quirky are the only 2 reliable at the back,nothing wrong with right midfield,there 2 or 3 players on the squad that can play out right,eddie dunne is not a winger,he is the only person we have who can do the dirty work in the middle of the park,dont agree with you at all on your post,nonsense imo.

shanman2
06/12/2007, 10:50 AM
No woodzy and quirky are the only 2 reliable at the back,nothing wrong with right midfield,there 2 or 3 players on the squad that can play out right,eddie dunne is not a winger,he is the only person we have who can do the dirty work in the middle of the park,dont agree with you at all on your post,nonsense imo.

Your team mates must love you! I hope you give them your opinion in training! Eddie played left midfield under Nobber and Albert Finnan and was a relieable part of the team. Don't really know when he became a centre midfielder? But he is doing a grand job never the less. Theres one player you haven't mentioned who can do the "dirty work". How long are you at Park now and you still don't know the players? Gareth is very relieable not too sure about Julian Woods?

brutus
06/12/2007, 10:59 AM
I'm the one who watches Park from the line. Eddie played left midfield under Nobber and Albert Finnan and was a relieable part of the team. Don't really know when he became a centre midfielder? But he is doing a grand job never the less. Theres one player you haven't mentioned who can do the "dirty work". I'm of the opinion that Mc Keogh might be relieable? if you can stop him drinking?

Mckeogh self praise is no praise,now **** off.

shanman2
06/12/2007, 11:10 AM
Mckeogh self praise is no praise,now **** off.

Where did you get the Mc Keogh thing from? Try Declan and you might be close.
Don't be so nasty because your not hearing what you want to hear!

brutus
06/12/2007, 11:15 AM
Where did you get the Mc Keogh thing from? Try Declan and you might be close.
Don't be so nasty because your not hearing what you want to hear!

Here look im on the bench most weeks,and i know everyone on that sideline,there aint no declans there ever,so dont be tryn to play guess who with me.why did you delete the bit about you in the other post mark.caught rotten kid.:p

shanman2
06/12/2007, 12:15 PM
Here look im on the bench most weeks,and i know everyone on that sideline,there aint no declans there ever,so dont be tryn to play guess who with me.why did you delete the bit about you in the other post mark.caught rotten kid.:p

I deleted it because it's not very nice to be accussing lads of heavy drinking! Try looking up the top of the pitch at the green containers some day alot of people watch the games!

Lev Yashin
06/12/2007, 12:21 PM
I would just question the way its going to go if ye do get promoted lads...i mean i dont know much about how it is down there but if shane thinks he cant stay then there must be something wrong...aswell as that..he is a proven goalscorer in any league, and every club need one of them

brutus
06/12/2007, 12:51 PM
I deleted it because it's not very nice to be accussing lads of heavy drinking! Try looking up the top of the pitch at the green containers some day alot of people watch the games!

Dont be telling fibs,ill leave it like that.

brutus
06/12/2007, 12:55 PM
I would just question the way its going to go if ye do get promoted lads...i mean i dont know much about how it is down there but if shane thinks he cant stay then there must be something wrong...aswell as that..he is a proven goalscorer in any league, and every club need one of them

Shane was welcomed back, like in earlier posts the management rang,he wasnt interested,maybe it could have something to do with finnan,no one knows,he is a great player shannonman and will be missed,but darren murphy cant stop scoring this season and himself and paul butler are gelling well together,lets just wait and see what happens,long way to go doh.:ball:

riverside
06/12/2007, 2:48 PM
Shane was welcomed back, like in earlier posts the management rang,he wasnt interested,maybe it could have something to do with finnan,no one knows,he is a great player shannonman and will be missed,but darren murphy cant stop scoring this season and himself and paul butler are gelling well together,lets just wait and see what happens,long way to go doh.:ball:

Shane is a great loss in many ways, has been great for the club and will be missed i hope he will make his way back to us next season but if he doesn't then the best of luck to him. Damien O Rourke will be back in town on Sat and wants to travell to Holycross on Sun. Back for good and signing for the season one of the best i have come across. Attitude always outstanding,ability unquestionable and now qualified in sports science will be a great asset, funny how one door closes and another one opens. Funny ould game ours

brutus
06/12/2007, 3:11 PM
Shane is a great loss in many ways, has been great for the club and will be missed i hope he will make his way back to us next season but if he doesn't then the best of luck to him. Damien O Rourke will be back in town on Sat and wants to travell to Holycross on Sun. Back for good and signing for the season one of the best i have come across. Attitude always outstanding,ability unquestionable and now qualified in sports science will be a great asset, funny how one door closes and another one opens. Funny ould game ours

Excellent signing.:D

jackaroo
06/12/2007, 4:24 PM
Heard Andy o Mahony is looking to sign him

Goals4fun
06/12/2007, 8:10 PM

Dukes is a quality player and to be honest would be wasted signing with Park. When he last played these shores he was even too good for park when they were premier. Would be a shame to see him back there for himself but he is a club man..

brutus
07/12/2007, 7:00 AM
[QUOTE=the special 1;833917]sure he can't sign saturday and play sunday...anyway bit unfair on lads if he turns up and plays...
lads like brutal will get thick and go off to another club(again):p

Ah sure brutal doesnt even get a game and still with the club,he just wasnt dedicated to you because your a fool.:D:p

riverside
07/12/2007, 8:35 AM
sure he can't sign saturday and play sunday...anyway bit unfair on lads if he turns up and plays...
lads like brutal will get thick and go off to another club(again):p

how is sports science going to stop him getting kicked around in places like holycross and the likes

Incorrect 24 hours is all you need once its registered and posted on Sat, he would be eligeble, but who said anything about playing, i said travelling.He will play for us for the season and more than likely he could end up back in the league of Ireland, and i would totally disagree that his talents would be waisted with us, his heart is with Park Goals4fun and he wants to help,he wants to play and do what he can to get us out of Div. 1 B

shanman2
07/12/2007, 9:37 AM
Incorrect 24 hours is all you need once its registered and posted on Sat, he would be eligeble, but who said anything about playing, i said travelling.He will play for us for the season and more than likely he could end up back in the league of Ireland, and i would totally disagree that his talents would be waisted with us, his heart is with Park Goals4fun and he wants to help,he wants to play and do what he can to get us out of Div. 1 B

First of all congratulations on the signing of Damien O' Rourke. He is a great player, a super athlete and above all a very very nice person. Hopefully he will progress to league of Ireland, god knows he deserves it.
Secondly, in relation to Goals4fun, you cannot put a price on loyalty. I know that he trained very hard with a club member before, during and after he left for the Cork YTS and maybe being the down to earth fella he is decided that he could help the club.

Goals4fun
07/12/2007, 10:59 AM
and i would totally disagree that his talents would be waisted with us, his heart is with Park Goals4fun and he wants to help,he wants to play and do what he can to get us out of Div. 1 B

Park would massivly benefit with him playing, but be honest, is he a better player that 1b, 1a or even permier football in limerick? If so it is a shame to see him sign with park. Not sure what age he is but he should be trying to play at the highest level he can while he can. Park will always be there to be helped. Would you rather see he play at the highest or play 1b and get ye promoted ?

Lev Yashin
07/12/2007, 12:19 PM
Park would massivly benefit with him playing, but be honest, is he a better player that 1b, 1a or even permier football in limerick? If so it is a shame to see him sign with park. Not sure what age he is but he should be trying to play at the highest level he can while he can. Park will always be there to be helped. Would you rather see he play at the highest or play 1b and get ye promoted ?

dux is 25/26...fantastic footballer and a good friend of mine, park through and through always has been, but i have to echo earlier comments it would be a shame to see him playing in 1b it really would...but at least he'll be playing!! and thats always a good thing

riverside
07/12/2007, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=Goals4fun;834274]Park would massivly benefit with him playing, but be honest, is he a better player that 1b, 1a or even permier football in limerick? If so it is a shame to see him sign with park. Not sure what age he is but he should be trying to play at the highest level he can while he can. Park will always be there to be helped. Would you rather see he play at the highest or play 1b and get ye promoted ?[/QUO

The answer is of course he is better, he would be top class in any of the better premier sides, League of Ireland is easily an option, but the season is over, so would you prefer to see him sign for one of the premier sides or be happy helping the club where he was always happy to take one step back towards what we perceive as a better division. I have never believed that loyalty is gone,he along with others in our club have proved that to me, and Dukesy is just another one who has returned to the club recently to help out, Paul Divinney and Wacker O Dwyre are now involved in our under 8s and 9s. Both of these were great players, but would they be better off doing the same thing with what might be called a bigger club(not better) or helping out with developing our schoolboy set up. They have come back and will be part of what will in time make us a better club than we ever have been.

Goals4fun
12/12/2007, 12:52 PM
has dukes signed for park?

Goals4fun
17/12/2007, 7:19 AM
prospect 3 park 2
looks like parks run may have come to an end..might have something to do wit some of there players been drunk saturday night..

great to see shane mccarthy scoring for shannon town..

does anybody know if damien o rourke has signed for park, did he play yesterday?

old git
17/12/2007, 8:35 AM
prospect 3 park 2
looks like parks run may have come to an end..might have something to do wit some of there players been drunk saturday night..

what i don't beleive it players drunk on a saturday night ::D

shanman2
17/12/2007, 10:54 AM
prospect 3 park 2

Who were the players out drinking?? A very bad result yesterday for Park they have alot of injuries at the moment. I hope they can bounce back. Congratulations to Newtown on fantastic victory, only caught the second half, from what I have seen they are the best side in Shannon. All credit to the management for assembling such a strong side. Best of luck in next round:ball::ball:

riverside
17/12/2007, 12:07 PM
does anybody know if damien o rourke has signed for park, did he play yesterday?

Signed, played yesterday and scored our goal. He went off at half time with a knee injury, was outstanding until then and without him we were awful.

Goals4fun
17/12/2007, 12:48 PM
Signed, played yesterday and scored our goal. He went off at half time with a knee injury, was outstanding until then and without him we were awful.

is his injury short or long term? was it a tackle or how did it happen?

riverside
17/12/2007, 1:10 PM
is his injury short or long term? was it a tackle or how did it happen?

i dont think its long term. He didnt get a knock or fall, just wasn't happy with it so we didn' take any chances.

shanman2
17/12/2007, 2:48 PM
i dont think its long term. He didnt get a knock or fall, just wasn't happy with it so we didn' take any chances.

Can he Damien still play league of Ireland this coming season??? What way did the game go? Who played where?

Goals4fun
17/12/2007, 6:30 PM
surely now you could have a great shannon team if you got the players that either live in shannon or were heavily involved with teams in the last 2-3 years (still playing of course)
Davy Wall
Paddy Purcell
Dukes

2 internationals and all have played LOI. would be good straight through the middle.

Lev Yashin
18/12/2007, 12:18 PM
surely now you could have a great shannon team if you got the players that either live in shannon or were heavily involved with teams in the last 2-3 years (still playing of course)
Davy Wall
Paddy Purcell
Dukes

2 internationals and all have played LOI. would be good straight through the middle.

we really going to have this discussion again??

Congrats to newtown.

Shane McCarty played for us on sunday and scored....Still dont understand how park could have let him go...:confused:

Goals4fun
18/12/2007, 1:15 PM
Shane McCarty played for us on sunday and scored....Still dont understand how park could have let him go...:confused:

can you really stop a player from moving on ?

old git
18/12/2007, 4:40 PM
can you really stop a player from moving on ?

problem somewhere as per earlier threads posted shane had packed it in with park as his knees were giving him trouble .. must have a good doctor up there with shannon town .. :D:D