PDA

View Full Version : New CPO?

Red&White Rover
21/11/2007, 6:43 PM
Just seen an ad in the Champion, for a Club Promotions Officer for the 2008 season, for Rovers.

Does this mean Sinéad Fraher has left?

sligoman
21/11/2007, 7:31 PM
Just seen an ad in the Champion, for a Club Promotions Officer for the 2008 season, for Rovers.

Does this mean Sinéad Fraher has left?I'd imagine so yes. Thank feck!

redtildead
21/11/2007, 9:14 PM
Was the CPO not appointed by the FAI in the first place? Is it rovers job to go looking for a new one?

clubman
21/11/2007, 9:14 PM
Good to see the position advertised locally as it's only someone that has some kind of bond with the club that will be capable of doing the type of job the position demands. The person has to have sligo rovers flowing through their vains. There's loads of such people that contribute to this forum. So I suggest some of you guys should give this serious thought.

sligoman
21/11/2007, 9:17 PM
Was the CPO not appointed by the FAI in the first place? Is it rovers job to go looking for a new one?When it was introduced I know the FAI had advertised it through the national papers. But it was up to each club who they appointed afaik. FAI don't pay all the wages of CPO, just a contribution afaik
So I suggest some of you guys should give this serious thought.Haven't seen the paper but just curious, what's the minimum requirements advertised for the job itself?:confused:

redtildead
21/11/2007, 9:30 PM
The person has to have sligo rovers flowing through their vains. There's loads of such people that contribute to this forum. So I suggest some of you guys should give this serious thought.
Having knowledge of the club helps but previous experience and track record is far more important. I doubt many here have that

Titan
22/11/2007, 10:31 AM
To be fair I dont think a knowledge of the club should be a main factor. Definitely need a knowledge of football as well as be an influencer and someone who can deal with lots of different personality types. Dont for one minute think that a CPO has a cushy job. Like all work its hard! You have the added disadvantage of people publicly criticsising you without having a clue about the full facts so a thick skin is also required. You also need to be able to seperate the ''glamour'' of working for a football club from just doing the job that your given. All in all the type of person who gets that job will find it very very tough so a strong personality is required. As some of you may know I work with UCD so I am probably biased towards this job but if youre looking for a carreer in footy you could do worse! Just dont approach it like its still your hobby otherwise youre snookered!

Magicme
22/11/2007, 10:53 AM
Gutted that Sinead is gone coz given a chance I think she would have been a major asset to Sligo. C'est la vie.

For those of you interested in the job it is also advertised on the FAI site. Here's the link for the lazy among you who shouldnt get the job.

http://www.candidatemanager.net/CM/Micro/JobDetails.aspx?&mid=YEVWCX&sid=GTBGT&jid=EVEVWAZGTU&site=FAI&a=2ILMFUdvAJ8%253d&b=4eaZiViSgtY%253d

Rovers1
22/11/2007, 1:55 PM
Gutted that Sinead is gone coz given a chance I think she would have been a major asset to Sligo.

well she was here for over a year and i hate to say it because i know she worked behind the scenes, but she was just not good enough. she didnt expose herself enough to the public..although she could get arrested for that (:D)

clubman
22/11/2007, 6:48 PM
Having knowledge of the club helps but previous experience and track record is far more important. I doubt many here have that

Very difficult having experience in a position only created less than one year ago :rolleyes:

I still feel someone that has a bond/connection with the club will be liable to do a far better job than someone that comes in with it's just a job attitude. Unfortunately the job has more to do with the wheeling and dealing of the FAI than it does for the club. I think for that reason alone SF was seen by most as not producing the goods. Realistically I don't think anyone can be answerable to two managers and that's what is expected with the CPO position.

Red4Eva
22/11/2007, 6:54 PM
Very difficult having experience in a position only created less than one year ago :rolleyes:

i'm sure he means previous experience in marketing

Magicme
23/11/2007, 8:42 AM
No way is the job to do with "wheeling and dealing of the FAI". The FAI offers, through Noel Mooney and other people, support, training and resources for the CPO's to do their jobs with the club. The job is for the Club. Having been to most of the meetings this year I know the things that have been happening in the CPO's jobs and the impact they have been making.

akearins
23/11/2007, 9:16 AM
Promoting the club is huge taask and for this reason I think whoever gets the job should try and form a committee to assist with promotions.The trust helped out for promoting the Bray game last time round and it would have definitely have been too much for one person.So I would volunteer my time to assist any new promotions officer

Redzer
23/11/2007, 3:11 PM
I would like to see Nicky B. have a go at this. He did a pretty good job a few years back as commerical manager. I dont know if he has the time now with Jako.
But he knows the club, the business community, etc. And above all he loves the club.

clubman
23/11/2007, 3:17 PM
I would like to see Nicky B. have a go at this. He did a pretty good job a few years back as commerical manager. I dont know if he has the time now with Jako.
But he knows the club, the business community, etc. And above all he loves the club.

It's never fair to name names on a public forum but now that you have Redzer all I'll say you've got to be joking on all points.

Rovers1
23/11/2007, 5:39 PM
It's never fair to name names on a public forum

why not? we name players were linked to, and we give suggestions on players we should sign, why not give suggestions on the non-playing staff??

Redzer
23/11/2007, 6:06 PM
It's never fair to name names on a public forum but now that you have Redzer all I'll say you've got to be joking on all points.

You must know more than me. I havn't heard anything bad about the man. I was just putting forward a local person who I thought could do the job.

DRDoc
25/11/2007, 5:44 PM
bye bye Sinead

Spoke to her once on one of my visits to the showgrounds this season - seemed like a lovely girl

You wont find a nicer looking CPO - if you do attendences would soar

clubman
25/11/2007, 6:36 PM
bye bye Sinead

Spoke to her once on one of my visits to the showgrounds this season - seemed like a lovely girl

You wont find a nicer looking CPO - if you do attendences would soar

Has to go down as the worst post ever to this forum.

Sligobhoy
26/11/2007, 2:53 PM
Has anyone any idea what kind of salary the role pays? This will dictate significantly the calibre of person Rovers can attract.