PDA

View Full Version : Last Days of the Celtic Tiger

paudie
21/11/2007, 1:08 PM
Anybody been to the Ross O'Carroll Kelly play in the Olympia?

Thinking of going on Saturday week during my "Up for The Cup" weekend in Dublin.

CollegeTillIDie
22/11/2007, 11:53 AM
No I haven't been . Seen pared down versions of some of the Ross books and they do lampoon the D4 stereotypes rather well.

paudie
22/11/2007, 12:34 PM
No I haven't been . Seen pared down versions of some of the Ross books and they do lampoon the D4 stereotypes rather well.

Yeah the articles were usually funny enough. I'll probably go to it.

On the D4 thing did anyone see the documentary on TV3 on Tuesday night about the 3 girls planning their debs. The D4 girl was so stereotypical she was something out of a Ross O'Carroll Kelly sketch

John83
22/11/2007, 12:58 PM
Yeah the articles were usually funny enough. I'll probably go to it.

On the D4 thing did anyone see the documentary on TV3 on Tuesday night about the 3 girls planning their debs. The D4 girl was so stereotypical she was something out of a Ross O'Carroll Kelly sketch
I'm always more amused by girls with strong culchie accents with the first hints of a D4 accent creeping in. That, and girls who switch between the two at will.

TonyD
23/11/2007, 2:14 PM
Yeah, I've been. Found it enjoyable. Some good laughs, and the cast are very good. If you like the books you should enjoy it. Even if you haven't read them it's still funny, some of the group I went with hadn't and also enjoyed it.

paudie
25/11/2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I've been. Found it enjoyable. Some good laughs, and the cast are very good. If you like the books you should enjoy it. Even if you haven't read them it's still funny, some of the group I went with hadn't and also enjoyed it.

thanks Tony.