PDA

View Full Version : Jum Beglin

max power
22/05/2003, 9:44 AM
right you should know that i think Noel King should be hung from the nearest tree, well i don't think Beglin is much better either, he spends 90 mins talking through his backside about nothing, nothing he says ever makes sense . ever better put him along with george Hamilton for a match and its like two fellas smoking a joint and having a chat while watching a game.

so who is the worst is it

john "during my time at leeds" Giles
Liam "i agree with everyone" Brady
Eamon"i'm not drunk" Dunphy
george"that was outrages"hamilton
Packie"ha ha they think i'm a tv presenter"bonner
Noel"the model" king
trevor"grunt grunt" welsh
mark" i'll tell ya what" lawrensen
Jim"eh i think eh eh"Beglin

your welcome to include more if you wish

but for me no one comes near the model king, those clothes and that crap he talks is above all others !!

Macy
22/05/2003, 10:00 AM
Beglin - thought I'd escaped him when I moved over here (does a lot on Granada, with Elton Welsby (you're a w@nker, you're a w@nker)....

Beglin's favourite line must be "he's saying to himself".....

sadloserkid
22/05/2003, 10:15 AM
I like Brady and during the World Cup he was hardly in agreement with Billo and Eamo at times was he? Ray Houghton always seems really into it as well and Andy Townsend does well when he's wheeled out by the British channels for a 'genuine' Irish view.

Giles is grand. Ditto for Bonner and Hamilton. Niall Quinn is too bland and Dunphy is clearly an acquired taste.

Mark Lawrenson bugs me and as mentioned already King and Beglin are ****e. Darragh Moloney is no better and Trevor Wlesh is dull as well.

It's be nice if TV3 got a recent ex-international on board though. McGrath maybe? Even Curtis Fleming? Or since Niall Quinn holds us in such high regard maybe he'd do it?

Dodge
22/05/2003, 10:26 AM
Nobody is worse than Hamilton and Beglin.....

I like Brady though

Dricky
22/05/2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
I like Brady and during the World Cup he was hardly in agreement with Billo and Eamo at times was he? Ray Houghton always seems really into it as well and Andy Townsend does well when he's wheeled out by the British channels for a 'genuine' Irish view.

Giles is grand. Ditto for Bonner and Hamilton. Niall Quinn is too bland and Dunphy is clearly an acquired taste.

Mark Lawrenson bugs me and as mentioned already King and Beglin are ****e. Darragh Moloney is no better and Trevor Wlesh is dull as well.

It's be nice if TV3 got a recent ex-international on board though. McGrath maybe? Even Curtis Fleming? Or since Niall Quinn holds us in such high regard maybe he'd do it?

Nah Quinn doesn't need the money now his wife is reking it in with those adds so can she take his place in the line up with King. Lawrenson oh don't get me started pity he got rid of the tash one less thing to make fun of.

Houghton for me is fine but he always looks as if he's on speed the way his eyes are (suppose he has to be with that lot)

Bring back Jimmy Mageeeee and his weather forcasts of the cl final in 230A.D when Marsupaylofics slip on some snow which is unusual for summer time. now he was on drugs.

max power
22/05/2003, 10:38 AM
packie bonner is not grand, he is not a trained presenter and is out of his depth, compare him to the professional work of gary lineker, he is a true pro

Pauro 76
22/05/2003, 10:45 AM
Elton Welsby... ahh memories come flooding back.. where is he now?I remember soccer mag 90 Minutes years ago (also gone) running a badge competiton, “I won with Elton Welsby” competition.. not a fan of Frank Stapleton myself, dull is not the word.. and as for Lawrenson, he just pops up everywhere, Today FM, the Beeb, and TV3, does he have evil clones or something! cos you cant avoid him! Lineker and Hansen are always enjoyable to watch... Lynam not as good as he used to be...

Dricky
22/05/2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
Lineker and Hansen are always enjoyable to watch... Lynam not as good as he used to be...

Lineker is the Steve Davis of Football everyone hated him when he was playing but now he's most peoples favourite.

They should give Ann Doyle and Charle byrd a shot.

max power
22/05/2003, 11:13 AM
yeah but i have to say this if you are going to have former irish players on to talk about football then at least have ones with an irish accent, i'm sorry but waana be paddys never cut it with me, as bad as packie is, at least he is really irish

patsh
22/05/2003, 11:17 AM
The few times that Joe Kinnear was on, he was worth listening to.
They should get Gazza...himself and King would become a cult !:D

max power
22/05/2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
The few times that Joe Kinnear was on, he was worth listening to.
They should get Gazza...himself and King would become a cult !:D

and have it presented by peter beardsley ha ha

tiktok
22/05/2003, 2:54 PM
i thought john toshack was alright during the champions league on TV3, probably would have been better if he had an anyway competent presenter to work off of.

why has no-one mentioned bill o'herlihy, i know he's not exactly a pundit, but i think he's pure class.

sadloserkid
22/05/2003, 2:56 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
why has no-one mentioned bill o'herlihy, i know he's not exactly a pundit, but i think he's pure class.

Really? :confused: :confused:

Well each to their own I'm sure, I think he's pretty inconsequential myself.

tiktok
22/05/2003, 3:40 PM
do you remember when they ran the premiership without him though, eamonn presenting and giles and brady as pundits, it fell apart. or the world cup games with :eek: peter collins.

giles and dunphy work well because billo hops off them. he keeps things moving well, i'm not saying he has any real soccer knowlerdge, he's more or less admited that, but he presents from the point of view of asking the questions that your average viewer wants answered.

i think he's class, but as you say, to each their own.

Pauro 76
22/05/2003, 3:51 PM
Okey Dokey so! Welcome to the World Cup Final LOIVE on RTE.... we’ll leave it roight there so...

Billo is a legend!

Worst presenter...Matt Lorenzo on ITV when he was presenting, football punditry’s answer to Dale Winton...

Colm
22/05/2003, 5:15 PM
thread moved to off topic.

patsh
22/05/2003, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
i thought john toshack was alright during the champions league on TV3, probably would have been better if he had an anyway competent presenter to work off of.

I thought Toshack was excellent during the WC last year.
He knows the players on the continent and is not blinded by the Premiersh*it hype.

While I'm at it, Gerry Armstrong (?) wasvery good also. Knew his stuff but was a little to "nice" :D

gustavo
22/05/2003, 9:10 PM
heh about quinns wife i hope nicole kidmans watching her back cos she has acting talent to burn.
lawro - sound man
billo - legend despite the previous anti eL comments he is the best anchor man of them all cant imagine watching any big irish game without billo in charge of proceedings
john giles -cant really fault him he really tells it how it is
dunphy - putting aside his views about the wimbledon and sapian and the way he cant go thru a single analysis without mention Sir Royston i admire the man for stickin up for what he believes in
Moran and Aldridge- cant stand htem they are so biased its incredible
Trevor "yes indeed" welsh - some one shud tell him its Shevchenko not Chevchenko also the way he says Manchs United apart from that he is satisfactory
George Hamilton - the boss really "You Sir are an idiot"
John " I managed Real Madrid you know!!"Toshack - good knowledge of the game but fierce name dropper.
Liam Brady - probably the best analysist of the lot probably being the best footballer of them all helps

max power
23/05/2003, 12:44 PM
aldridge hates me

we were out for a pint after the champions league show on tv3 with the tv3 gang and he was with us, i had a bit to drink and the fact that he played for liverpool put him on a bad footing with me already, but when i asked him what part of ireland his accent was from he almost hit me..............ah the dangers of too much drink (he's a crap pundit anyway )

Soko
23/05/2003, 4:00 PM
Did any one see the Apres Match skit of Jim Beglin during the World Cup? Beglin "The best way to get to Paris by train is to avoid Marseille, especially if your not going to Marseille at all". Classic. I dont mind Beglin as knows what he's on about but just talks all the time.

Packie Bonner is the worst presenter in the world, period. Please take him too when they come for Noel King.

John Toshack trys too hard to remind everyone of his previous jobs managing in Spain.

goalside
24/05/2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Soko
Packie Bonner is the worst presenter in the world, period. Please take him too when they come for Noel King.

bonner is bonny. king is just exactly that. great knowledge of local soccer.