PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all the town people

John-CH
14/08/2001, 12:36 AM
Just like to thank all the longford town fans, people of the town and everyone else who made it a great day and night in Longford last thursday.....the good nature of it all was a good brillant, thanks again from the 2 Rovers fans, good luck in the 2nd leg....i can speak for most of the hoops when i say goodluck, see you all soon when we make our visit...
cheers lads! even if ye did keep us out on the streets til 4.30am singing.
Top men!

cu

john walsh and brian donlon, srfc on tour in longford.

Martystapo
14/08/2001, 10:18 AM
Thanks very much lads, we made some racket didn't we. The Q i want to ask is why there woz no party. Very disappointing. Residents of the house please explain yerselves.

Wot happened at de bray game with Devo and Rico? Talk about history repeating itself. First Rico and Roddy now this. Roddy will be hartbroken. See ye lads at Flancare on Aug 25.

:) :cool:

James
14/08/2001, 10:21 AM
yea never got an answer bout the party. maybe Longford's new media celebrity can account for herself?;)

Pauro 76
14/08/2001, 12:33 PM
Cheers lads for the good natured banter!!! You chanted more than some of our fellow fans, it has to be said. Hope we see yis again for the Shams v Longford game! And yes i did make the early bird train..... :o

Pauro 76
14/08/2001, 12:34 PM
and by the way, what did happen to the house party?!!

Sinéad
14/08/2001, 12:43 PM
I must have been in bed when ye came to the house .....or en route......

;)

Never heard ye so obviously ye weren't singing loud enough........

Xlex
14/08/2001, 4:03 PM
...... Like to see you on the early train if you did go to a party:)

Pauro 76
14/08/2001, 4:41 PM
It has happened..... and theres me wondering why me attendance record at work is so bad!

dinny
14/08/2001, 6:21 PM
pauro was on the 8.05 from Maynooth on friday,you could smell the alcohol from the back of the bus

:D

you missed a good Glenroyal, yes such a thing exsists !!!!! got back in time

Pauro 76
15/08/2001, 8:12 AM
Maybe thats why i didnt notice ya then! Glenroyal and good in the one sentence???? Are you sure you werent on the **** then Dinny!!!!

Sinéad
15/08/2001, 12:46 PM
The Glenroyal is the WORST niteclub in Ireland, Its like a wedding reception......
The only good thing about it is no one usually remembers it........If you did you wouldn't go back again......

Is the D.J box still painted RED & BLACK?

Pauro 76
15/08/2001, 12:54 PM
It sure is! And its good camouflage if your wearing your Town shirt, and someone you dont want to meet is walking by... I swear the Birdie Song was played there once, im serious! Worst niteclub in Ireland? My vote goes to...... Papparazi, Dun Laoghaire. Spot the person who isnt on drugs down there...

gustavo
16/08/2001, 12:56 AM
a good night in the glenroyal .... now theres a thing.... sure its bettter than nothing just about ... but worst nightclub in ireland i wud say is cactus jacks in ballaghderreen or schooners in sligo . unforgettable experiences which left an unshakable scar on me psyche .... think the glenroyal without the the occasional sense of atmosphere and ur half way there

Ash
16/08/2001, 8:49 AM
Originally posted by gustavo
schooners in sligo

I thought there was a bad languague filter on this board :)

Schooners has to be the biggest joke of a place ever.
When it opened there was a brass plaque on the wall saying
"Strictly Over 25's"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although The Limit beside the Adelaide was possibly an even bigger joke. That spotlight - it was like something outta Batman!!! but at least everyone from Reversetown and Ballyremote knew when the place was open :P

Toffs is dire - queue for ages on a Saturday to watch old boilers dancing around handbags.

Grunge nite in the Clarence kept me sane there and as for the
****tail bar in Equinox :)

gustavo
16/08/2001, 11:54 AM
it shouldnt come as a surprise to u to learn that the limit no longer exists!:D

Pauro 76
16/08/2001, 12:35 PM
Anyone remember the Powerhouse in Mohill, fond memories come flooding back.....

fosterdollar
16/08/2001, 1:00 PM
i'm sure very little people will remember much about that place given that the only option there was to drink oneself into a coma

Ash
16/08/2001, 2:23 PM
What a classy establishment :)
I heard on the last night it was open there were people being thrown through the windows ... or that could have been any Saturday night.

A mate of mine was there once ...
went to the dodgy chipper after ...
hygiene didnt look the best so he just asked for chips...
"Do you want curry on that" asked the person behind the counter - pionting to a dodgy cauldron of curry...
"No thanks" said my mate, to which yer wan behind the counter replied
"Are you sure ... it'll take the taste off those fcuken chips"

Classic :)