PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers v Cork City

Pages : [1] 2

Marco
21/11/2007, 12:13 AM
Lads Ramblers play City this Sunday at 3.30pm at St.Colmans Park, its a warm up game for Rico's side before the cup game.

rambler14
21/11/2007, 8:17 AM
I hope we stuff them!
Can't wait to see the City lads give us a guard of honour onto the pitch. It'll be class.

Rams-07
21/11/2007, 11:37 AM
Dont see much advertising for this match Marco..spoke to a few people in pub last night and they also heard nothing..
Great chance to make a killing on Sunday.
(and show off the trophy and new stand)

drinkfeckarse
21/11/2007, 11:52 AM
I doubt very much that Hendo or the lads will be taking things too seriously so I wouldn't expect too much publicity. This is afterall, for City's benefit so I'm sure there'll be a gentlemens agreement not too hurt anyone or fly into any silly challenges.

I'd imagine the players will just be looking forward to some time off now.

Rams-07
21/11/2007, 12:02 PM
Agree with you there,match will probably be sh**e but a great opportunity for rams to bring in some extra revenue which will probably be needed for next season

luka
21/11/2007, 12:20 PM
I posted details of this here somewhere a few times last week and I think it was also mentioned in the Inside Cobh last week but am open to correction on the latter

MojoPin
21/11/2007, 12:29 PM
mentioning things here isnt classed as advertising. it was on the inside cobh alright but as a kind of sub heading to the main article.
at the very leat throw one of two posters in supervalu or mimmos.

party afterwards in the club i suppose?

Marco
21/11/2007, 2:37 PM
Family of 2 adults + 2 kids ... 20euro
Adults 10euro
Children 5euro

I will get posters up for the game. Players were at Walterstowns NS today reception was class, players were delighted with the way the kids were shouting 'Ramblers Ramblers'

MojoPin
21/11/2007, 3:50 PM
brilliant... any chance ud get them to come to my college ha ha

gaffer33
21/11/2007, 9:35 PM
Agree with you there,match will probably be sh**e but a great opportunity for rams to bring in some extra revenue which will probably be needed for next season

The knives are out RAM-07 wha...match sh**e..? rams still have to up,friendly or not..

CollegeTillIDie
21/11/2007, 9:46 PM
rambs

As a lap of honour a chance to show off your trophy... enjoy it you deserve it!

bellavistaman
21/11/2007, 10:03 PM
rambs

As a lap of honour a chance to show off your trophy... enjoy it you deserve it!

Cheers bud!!

don ramo
21/11/2007, 11:11 PM
The knives are out RAM-07 wha...match sh**e..? rams still have to up,friendly or not..

uhh, no they dont, they dont have anything to prove against city, city love it when we look up to them, this is a notin friendly, just for match practise, to keep city players tickin and that how it should be treated, save the goods for next year when it matters,

bellavistaman
21/11/2007, 11:28 PM
Last thing Ramblers players will do is take it easy against Cork City there the enemy simple as, friendly or nota win over cork city at any level or stage is a great result.

don ramo
21/11/2007, 11:44 PM
why do we have to prove ourselfs to them,

bellavistaman
21/11/2007, 11:46 PM
Where do i mention the word prove?

don ramo
22/11/2007, 1:15 AM
i just think of a friendley as a notin game ill be at the game but wouldnt really bother me who won, i dont really care about beatin city in friendlies,

beatin city in friendlies mean notin at all, its a friendley, weve beaten them in cups numerous times, there the ones i remember

drinkfeckarse
22/11/2007, 7:51 AM
Last thing Ramblers players will do is take it easy against Cork City there the enemy simple as, friendly or nota win over cork city at any level or stage is a great result.

I guarantee you that Rico will have agreed with Hendo beforehand not to have the team running about like madmen. The last thing he needs is to risk his players getting injured before a massive game like the FAI Cup Final in a meaningless friendly.

It will be as competitive a game as it can be without the normal blood and guts of a competitive derby.

Rico will want a test, not a battle.

micls
22/11/2007, 8:12 AM
Im surprised ye agreed tbh, thought its the last thing your players would want(a nothing game) after a tough season and a couple of weeks on the ****.

But i suppose it is a chance to parade the trophy and maybe make a little cash.

Cant imagine a big crowd though, would many ramsfans be interested in going?

outside in
22/11/2007, 11:23 AM
[quote=micls;821020

But i suppose it is a chance to parade the trophy and maybe make a little cash.

Cant imagine a big crowd though, would many ramsfans be interested in going?[/quote]
i'd say a good crowd expected . wit this game it gives people who couldnt get to athlone a chance to cheer on da champs :D:D

outside in
22/11/2007, 11:27 AM
I guarantee you that Rico will have agreed with Hendo beforehand not to have the team running about like madmen. The last thing he needs is to risk his players getting injured before a massive game like the FAI Cup Final in a meaningless friendly.

It will be as competitive a game as it can be without the normal blood and guts of a competitive derby.

Rico will want a test, not a battle.
dats not da view of some rams players when i spoke to 2 of them on tuesday night:D

rambler14
22/11/2007, 12:44 PM
Hopefully Ramblers will go out and tear into City and show the Cork City players and fans that we arn't gonna be wippin boys next year.
By the end of the game I want to be confidently able to say that we showed them how to play football.:ball:

hoggy
22/11/2007, 2:12 PM
Hopefully Ramblers will go out and tear into City and show the Cork City players and fans that we arn't gonna be wippin boys next year.
By the end of the game I want to be confidently able to say that we showed them how to play football.:ball:

To be fair, there's few eL teams who could teach our lads how to play football. Never mind our reserve team, which is what you lot are. :D

don ramo
22/11/2007, 3:14 PM
you can say that all day long its just plain sad, your our reserve team, the only, and i mean only resaon yer the bigger club, is cause your place in the league, i wouldnt care if hendo put out the under-17 to be honest its not a big game,

lads its a meaningless friendly yer trying to make it a super sunday showdown,
i mean who cares bout a 4th place team.

micls
22/11/2007, 3:18 PM
and i mean only resaon yer the bigger club, is cause your place in the league,

:D

Yeah just that, the bigger support and better players.....

I agree though. its just a meaningless friendly, hopefully work out some kinks and get the legs stretched before the final.

After all who cares about the team in 11th ;)

Might head down if its dry. When will ye're new stand be open btw

luka
22/11/2007, 3:42 PM
Who's in 11th?

As fas as I can see the table will read as follows:

Bohemians
Bray Wanderers
Cobh Ramblers :D
Cork City :rolleyes:
Derry City
Drogheda United
Finn Harps
Galway United
Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers
St Patrick's Athletic
UCD

don ramo
22/11/2007, 4:10 PM
stand is already open, just a bit of snagging and its done, should be open for the game, was open last two home games, as said the only reason is ye finnished above us, so, the higher up the more support you should have, it goes hand hand, we could just sell our clubhouse and buy ye (wonder if thats allowed):D

rambler14
22/11/2007, 4:42 PM
Who's in 11th?

Bohemians
Bray Wanderers
Derry City
Drogheda United
Finn Harps
Galway United
Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers
St Patrick's Athletic
UCD

Get used to the site of Rams above City in the prem

Rams-07
22/11/2007, 4:54 PM
Who's in 11th?

Bohemians
Bray Wanderers
Derry City
Drogheda United
Finn Harps
Galway United
Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers
St Patrick's Athletic
UCD
Brilliant Luka :D

micls
22/11/2007, 6:43 PM
Who's in 11th?

Bohemians
Bray Wanderers
Cork City
Derry City
Drogheda United
Finn Harps
Galway United
Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers
St Patrick's Athletic
UCD

Get used to the site of Rams above City in the prem

Wow 2 rams with a sense of humour in the one thread ;)

hoggy
22/11/2007, 7:15 PM
you can say that all day long its just plain sad, your our reserve team, the only, and i mean only resaon yer the bigger club, is cause your place in the league, i wouldnt care if hendo put out the under-17 to be honest its not a big game,

lads its a meaningless friendly yer trying to make it a super sunday showdown,
i mean who cares bout a 4th place team.

HILARIOUS!

Ramblers obviously have some sort of joint Comedy Club set up also!

Nobody said it's a big game. We're just using ye to get some fitness before the Cup Final. That we're in. Because we're better than you lot. Our reserves. :D

Enjoy your little alphabetical victory you have over us! "Big Club" :rolleyes: :D

rambler14
22/11/2007, 7:48 PM

Wow 2 rams with a sense of humour in the one thread ;)

And a sarcastic city fan aswell.........feck me:eek:

bellavistaman
23/11/2007, 8:01 AM
Nobody said it's a big game. We're just using ye to get some fitness before the Cup Final. That we're in.

Possibly the single most stupid comment i ever read on foot.ie. "We're just using ye to get some fitness before the Cup Final. That we're in" - good god, i know rico isnt the most tactically gifted of managers but i doubt he'd organise a friendly for a cup final that ye're not in. Fair play to ye, despite your ridiculous comments about us being your reserve team im still up for ye. Best of luck. BTW when we beat ye this year wil rico be saying the league isnt the cup were going, even though he played strongest squad bar divine in the cross when we beat ye. Oh Davey Warren!!

luka
23/11/2007, 8:02 AM
Family of 2 adults + 2 kids ... 20euro
Adults 10euro
Children 5euro

I will get posters up for the game. Players were at Walterstowns NS today reception was class, players were delighted with the way the kids were shouting 'Ramblers Ramblers'

As this game is outside of the season, are our season tickets valid for this game?

bellavistaman
23/11/2007, 8:03 AM
As this game is outside of the season, are our season tickets valid for this game?

Too ****in right they are, dont even go there!!

luka
23/11/2007, 8:04 AM
Think we should pay in just the same :p

hoggy
23/11/2007, 11:15 AM
Possibly the single most stupid comment i ever read on foot.ie. "We're just using ye to get some fitness before the Cup Final. That we're in" - good god, i know rico isnt the most tactically gifted of managers but i doubt he'd organise a friendly for a cup final that ye're not in. Fair play to ye, despite your ridiculous comments about us being your reserve team im still up for ye. Best of luck. BTW when we beat ye this year wil rico be saying the league isnt the cup were going, even though he played strongest squad bar divine in the cross when we beat ye. Oh Davey Warren!!

Calm down kid. I was on the wind up. I'm too fond of Cobh as it is, just trying to incite a bit of hatred. :D

depor
23/11/2007, 3:14 PM
To be fair, there's few eL teams who could teach our lads how to play football. Never mind our reserve team, which is what you lot are. :D

how funny, typical city bull****. the point is city arnt as good as they think they are. we played them off the park in the league cup in the cross last year and out poured the excuses. the so-called best supporters in the country cudnt be bothered turning up to c it.

rambler14
23/11/2007, 3:17 PM
Along with all these people who are suddenly Sunderland fans the Cork City fans are among the biggest sunshine supporters in Ireland. Success or Nothing. City couldn't even fill the place for the so called big game vs Bohs the other week.
As for excuses.....Rico could write a feckin book of em each more stupid and pointless as the other.

outside in
24/11/2007, 8:22 AM
[quote=hoggy;82244 just trying to incite a bit of hatred. :D[/quote]
and long may it last:D

micls
24/11/2007, 9:17 AM
Along with all these people who are suddenly Sunderland fans the Cork City fans are among the biggest sunshine supporters in Ireland. Success or Nothing. City couldn't even fill the place for the so called big game vs Bohs the other week.
As for excuses.....Rico could write a feckin book of em each more stupid and pointless as the other.

What a childish post. Every team in the country has sunshine supporters yourselves included. Yere average attendance this year was almost double last year.

Yeah we have less supporters when we're doing badly, shock. But despite 2 poor seasons and 2 4th places we still had the highest in the league.

And thats still a pathetic attendance. Irish people, Cork people and Cobh people are all the same. Bandwaggon glory hunters.

Why would we fill the place for Bohs in a game to determine third?
We've only filled the place(over 7000) about 56 times in the last 3 years
Despite ye're glory this season, how often did ye fill Colmans? Silly comment

Thin what you like but ye're no better or no worse. If the situation was reversed ye'd be the same and anyone who says differently is either lying or doesnt understand Irish people and football

rambler14
24/11/2007, 10:16 AM
What a childish post. Every team in the country has sunshine supporters yourselves included. Yere average attendance this year was almost double last year.

Yeah we have less supporters when we're doing badly, shock. But despite 2 poor seasons and 2 4th places we still had the highest in the league.

And thats still a pathetic attendance. Irish people, Cork people and Cobh people are all the same. Bandwaggon glory hunters.

Why would we fill the place for Bohs in a game to determine third?
We've only filled the place(over 7000) about 56 times in the last 3 years
Despite ye're glory this season, how often did ye fill Colmans? Silly comment

Thin what you like but ye're no better or no worse. If the situation was reversed ye'd be the same and anyone who says differently is either lying or doesnt understand Irish people and football

Population of Cork City 500,000+
Population of Cobh is just over 11,000.

micls
24/11/2007, 10:24 AM

Im failing to see your point. Your crowds go up when you are successful.As do ours.

Even if ye were winning the premier wed have bigger crowds because for the bigger population but still both crowds would be pitiful.

Bigger population for us simply means a lot more premiership supporters.

No one in the EL is in any position to mock anyone else about attendances. They are all awful

rambler14
24/11/2007, 10:28 AM
Im failing to see your point. Your crowds go up when you are successful.As do ours.

Even if ye were winning the premier wed have bigger crowds because for the bigger population but still both crowds would be pitiful.

Bigger population for us simply means a lot more premiership supporters.

No one in the EL is in any position to mock anyone else about attendances. They are all awful

My point is that we get 10% of the town to our matches. Correct my maths if i'm wrong but City don't even get 2%.
I understand what ur saying. There is a problem with attendances in the EL and something needs to be done.

micls
24/11/2007, 10:36 AM
My point is that we get 10% of the town to our matches.

Do ye? How many times did ye hit 1100 this season? Cos yere average is only 600 and odd

Anyway theres nothing better to do in Cobh:p

Rambler1
25/11/2007, 9:33 AM
Do ye? How many times did ye hit 1100 this season? Cos yere average is only 600 and odd

Anyway theres nothing better to do in Cobh:pHow bout finishing the sentence...Anyway theres nothing better to do in Cobh, then City...

micls
25/11/2007, 10:32 AM
Anyway theres nothing better to do in Cobh, then City...

That sentence makes no sense to me:confused:

Pablo Escobar
25/11/2007, 11:58 AM
That sentence makes no sense to me:confused:

Me neither actually :confused:

depor
25/11/2007, 9:37 PM
city thinking their the best supported team in the country is a joke. they seem to forget that their catchment area is in the hundreds of thousands. also i wouldnt take the 'offical' attendance figures too seriously, on more than a few occasions the figure was half of what was really there, i think its the old tax dodge.

Risteard
26/11/2007, 2:59 AM

Very very wrong.