PDA

View Full Version : Behan to Palace !

yiddo
20/11/2007, 10:59 AM
Today's Irish Independent (http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/soccer/palace-looking-to-sign-irish-player-by-thursday-1223675.html)

Palace looking to sign Irish player by Thursday

Tuesday November 20 2007

The Eircom League "talent drain" is likely to continue after Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock revealed his hopes to sign a new striker before Thursday's emergency loan deadline.

Palace representatives travelled to Dublin last week to watch the Irish under-23s' victory over Slovakia.

They are believed to have been paying particular attention to Longford's Dave Mooney, Cork's Denis Behan and UCD's Conor Samonn.

Palace are also believed to be interested in City's George O'Callaghan.

pete
20/11/2007, 2:40 PM
Palace are also believed to be interested in City's George O'Callaghan.

Does not say much for the credibility of the article. ROLMAO :D

B International like a pimp festival :(

gustavo
20/11/2007, 2:44 PM
I hope they dont try to snatch Rovers' Johnny Armstrong while they are at it.

yiddo
20/11/2007, 3:16 PM
Does not say much for the credibility of the article. ROLMAO :D

B International like a pimp festival :(

Obviously a misprint! It's Brian OCallaghan they want :D

Sonic
24/11/2007, 4:52 PM
On a seperate not George O callaghan was sent off for Brighton today. The man on soccer special saturday from sky sports news says its his second career red card. Hardly I seem to remember him getting sent off quite a bit for city!!??

Risteard
24/11/2007, 5:49 PM
The second red in English football I'd imagine.
And yes, that's a very separate note.

pete
25/11/2007, 4:26 PM
English media do not recognise pre-UK careers.

yiddo
25/11/2007, 6:52 PM
On a seperate not George O callaghan was sent off for Brighton today. The man on soccer special saturday from sky sports news says its his second career red card. Hardly I seem to remember him getting sent off quite a bit for city!!??

As far as I remember he was only put off twice with City, away to Bohs in 2006 and at home to Shels in 2003 or 2004.

rambler14
25/11/2007, 11:25 PM
Behan to Palace me hole. Behan to Burger King is more likely!

yiddo
26/11/2007, 7:41 PM
Behan to Palace me hole. Behan to Burger King is more likely!

He'd prefer to go to BurgerKing rather than go to the Shipsinkers in Queenstown!
Wouldn't blame him either :)

Sonic
28/11/2007, 9:54 AM
Mooney rejected palace so they are clearly looking for a striker! I think Behan is underestimated. Impressed me anytime I have seen him.