PDA

View Full Version : Judgement Day: Celtic

Tom Peppers
21/05/2003, 3:47 PM
Its judgement day and myself and GWA want to wish all the best to CELTIC Football Club. I know i speak for him also when i say this is the proudest i have ever been about a team that i support. These days dont come along every moment so lets just savour it. So come everyone, send your good messages here about Celtic. GWA thinks theres not really any CELTIC fans present on this site and he s diehard. so lets show him

tiktok
21/05/2003, 4:18 PM
i wouldn't be die hard but obviously two wins in celtics next two matches (and a rangers draw or loss on sunday) would be great.

shpuld be interesting if nothing else, don't really expect it to be a great game.

gustavo
21/05/2003, 4:44 PM
direct quotes from last nights evening herald
"geography might suggest that Glasgow celtic is a scottish club . but we know better than that. We know its really an Irish institution.
hundreds of irish fans will be attending the game
Enjoy it lads and remember youre not only representing your club you re representing your country"
Heartwarming stuff

James
21/05/2003, 5:29 PM
come on ireland ;)

Neil
21/05/2003, 6:16 PM
Cetic are British.

FORZA FC PORTO.

tiktok
21/05/2003, 6:43 PM
just read that there are 80,000 celtic fans descending on seville, 40,000 don't have tickets. could be historical.

Colm
21/05/2003, 7:05 PM
C'mon Porto.

A face
21/05/2003, 7:53 PM
Viva Porto ..... Forza Porto ..... Viva Porto !!!

James
21/05/2003, 8:00 PM
whats the score lads
are WE ;) winning or wha?

UCD_4_Life
21/05/2003, 8:34 PM
1-0 by some foreign chap.

G'wan the Porto. :D

A face
21/05/2003, 10:32 PM
The Better Team Won !!!

gustavo
21/05/2003, 10:42 PM
maybe my hatred for celtic isnt as strong as some of ye guys but i actually felt a bit sorry for them at the end. dont get me wrong i hate the whole "im irish so therefore i must be a celitc supporter" thing as much as the next man but i found myself rooting for them by the end which was rather unnerving . i guess this mainly due to the diving some of the porto guys were up to also larsson deserves better he is clearly carrying that team

Neil
22/05/2003, 12:05 AM
The team who played football won :ball:

UCD_4_Life
22/05/2003, 12:37 AM
I did feel a bit sorry for the players, actually. However, the thought of all the so called fans around the country more than cheered me up. :D

tiktok
22/05/2003, 12:38 AM
celtic were terrible the first half, but ti thought they matched porto after that. the sending off screwed them, two stupid tackles by balde. the lad Deco won't be at porto for long i'd say, he destroyed celtic tonight and lazio in the semi.

the team that played football won, but when you're rooting for a team, and i make no apologies about rooting for celtic tonight, it's horrible when the diving, and crying while rolling on the ground start. you might call it professional, takes the gloss off the win (unless you're a porto fan).

A face
22/05/2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Neil

Hear Hear !!

joe
22/05/2003, 8:21 AM
i only watched a bi tof the match last night, but were there more scottish flags in the porto end than the celtic end?

James
22/05/2003, 8:26 AM
yeah likewsise, saw last 10min of full-time and channel hopped through the xtra 30mins, thought the irish national team were playing first when i turned on and saw a crowd shot straight away .. unbeleivable

Macy
22/05/2003, 9:47 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
could be historical.
Actually turned out to be hysterical.... :)

Tom Peppers
22/05/2003, 4:02 PM
To be honest Macy i think yere hysterical. Ye preach respect day in day out for all the el teams. Now if i am not correct celtic are just another team playing in a different league. Now wheres the repect for them. Surely the el should be able to withstand a team playing in Scotland. And if i m correct ive heard your a man u supporter. So in the end your only making a fool out of yourself. I know james happens to be a spurs fan so stop being so hypocritical and if ye have nothing good to say about celtic dont say anything at all. That ye waste time posting messages about a team ye dont support tells us a little about ye all. That ye have nothing else better to be doing. Try maybe hitting the city centre sometime. its actually meant to be fun and ye can mix with people. Imagine that. what a contrast to yere dull boring lives!

Macy
22/05/2003, 4:56 PM
LOL... :D

Originally posted by Tom Peppers
Try maybe hitting the city centre sometime. its actually meant to be fun and ye can mix with people. Imagine that. what a contrast to yere dull boring lives!
Actually I was in town last night, that's why it was hysterical.... :cool:

Tom Peppers
22/05/2003, 5:28 PM
which one would that be now. Dublin, longford or wickla

UCD_4_Life
22/05/2003, 6:17 PM
To be honest Macy i think yere hysterical. Ye preach respect day in day out for all the el teams. Now if i am not correct celtic are just another team playing in a different league. Now wheres the repect for them. Surely the el should be able to withstand a team playing in Scotland. And if i m correct ive heard your a man u supporter. So in the end your only making a fool out of yourself. I know james happens to be a spurs fan so stop being so hypocritical and if ye have nothing good to say about celtic dont say anything at all. That ye waste time posting messages about a team ye dont support tells us a little about ye all. That ye have nothing else better to be doing. Try maybe hitting the city centre sometime. its actually meant to be fun and ye can mix with people. Imagine that. what a contrast to yere dull boring lives!

*Stereotype alert*

I've heard the sad, lonely internet fan bit so many times. Change the record, please?

I don't have a problem with people supporting Celtic (or Man Utd or Liverpool or Raja Casablanca), I do however have a problem with people supporting Celtic only.

People who spent last night devastated because the "only real Irish club" failed in Europe. If everyone supported a club just because of their roots then we'd have thousands of Swedes heading to watch Boca Juniors every week.

Macy
23/05/2003, 9:34 AM
which one would that be now. Dublin, longford or wickla
Take you pick - same scene in all the pubs, same laughter from me...

Diddums, the cheating Johnny foreigners dived - like Larson and Sutton et al have never "made the most" of a tackle....

Celtic - Just another British team....

joe
23/05/2003, 9:39 AM
Originally posted by Macy

Diddums, the cheating Johnny foreigners dived - like Larson and Sutton et al have never "made the most" of a tackle....

along the same vein, was vitor baia the first person to ever steal a few yards at a free kick near the end of extra-time? listening to the george and jim show you would think so :rolleyes:

Scotsman
23/05/2003, 1:14 PM
Celtic deserve alot of credit - The way Celtic fought against Porto was absolutely fantastic!!

Porto are technically better than Celtic, although there was not alot betwwen both teams.

If you strip away your hatred for Celtic and discuss the football you will see what I mean.

What Celtic are missing is a Deco - We badly need a playmaker.

Celtic did Scotland proud and I personally feel very proud if how they performed in Europe.

Good to see some Scotland flags in the crowd - Most Celtic fans, although wave Tri-Colours are very patriotic Scots - This is not the case with everyone but with most.

Obviously there is alot of Irish go to the games and no doubt they fly the flags.

Anyway well done Celtic - p.s I can give you the website address for Rangers as they would be proud of you guys!!

Ta

:ball: :ball: :ball:

Scotsman
23/05/2003, 1:18 PM
Celtic in the 2nd half were excellent - We do need a wee bit of variety and a playmaker - To say that we did not play if farcical and I would challenge you knowledge of football!!

C'mon the Hoops

max power
23/05/2003, 1:25 PM
well said scotsman celtic did SCOTLAND proud, but at the same time whinging after the game is little good, they let in a weak winning goal.

pete
23/05/2003, 2:26 PM
Only saw from halftime onwards.

RTE commentary too biased so stayed with BBC.

Deco a class apart on the pitch.

Balde unlucky to get sent off but still deserved a 2nd yellow card.

Porto deserving winners.

Amazing first season as manager for Porto fella. Winning the Portogese (spelling?) first division in a canter with only 2 loses plus the uefa cup is a fine achievement for no previous expereice in management. Hes come some way from being Bobby Robsons translator.

Scotsman
23/05/2003, 2:43 PM
Celtic or Porto would have been deserved winners.

Celtic controlled the 2nd half after scoring their 2nd goal.

I never thought we would lose another untill Balde got sent off - He did not deserve his first yellow - The ref was cr@p.

Anyway I'm still proud of the Hoops - This will have done the rep no harm at all - MON deserves credit also - A Scottish team in an European final - Magic

Éanna
23/05/2003, 3:07 PM
Originally posted by Neil

if you changed that to the team who played some nice football, but spent most of their time rolling around and practising for the olympic gymnastics competitions it would be a lot more accurate