PDA

View Full Version : Is the B game or U21 game on TV?

Stuttgart88
19/11/2007, 1:19 PM
Is the B game or U21 game on TV?

Dodge
19/11/2007, 1:21 PM
Nope. Unless either are late additions to Setanta's line up. They won't be on Sky

Stuttgart88
19/11/2007, 1:25 PM
Thanks.

passinginterest
19/11/2007, 1:27 PM
Is the under 21 game not on Sky?

Stuttgart88
19/11/2007, 1:28 PM
The B game is on BBC Radio Scotland, 810 MW and probably some obscure digital channel on SKY.

Stuttgart88
19/11/2007, 1:33 PM
Is the under 21 game not on Sky?

Actually just checked - it's on SS2. Lazy of me but I hadn't seen it advertised.

passinginterest
19/11/2007, 1:36 PM
Actually just checked - it's on SS2. Lazy of me but I hadn't seen it advertised.

I thought so, the Athlone Town section of this website had a bit about the match and said Sky were sending 10 cameras, thought this was a bit much if they're not showing it live.

Dodge
19/11/2007, 1:53 PM

lazy me too, as I only saw the B game part of your query :o

tetsujin1979
19/11/2007, 2:19 PM
Checked Setanta's website, nothing there about the B game, just some repeats.
on the other hand, the game on friday was announced very late on

Ceirtlis
20/11/2007, 11:15 AM
Is the u21 game listed for streaming on any website. I had a look on myp2p.eu last night but it was not there but they might have put it up today, im blocked off here at work so i cant check.

eirebhoy
20/11/2007, 8:35 PM
The U21s won 1 nil. JJ O'Toole in the last minute. Anyone see the match?

geysir
20/11/2007, 8:38 PM
At long last, a deserved competitive win made all the sweeter with a last minute bullit header by debutant John Joe O´Toole ( a great name for an Irish grandson). A blessed baptism as an Irish International

http://fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2661

We can´t beat them Bulgarians often enough.

Stuttgart88
20/11/2007, 8:43 PM
Lonely up there in Iceland?

(My mate's back up there by the way, but you'll be lucky to get him to watch football).

Anyway, go on John Joe.

Stuttgart88
20/11/2007, 8:48 PM
Yep, watched most of it in the local pub, no sound though. We just deserved to win but we should have conceded a penno in the second half. O'Cearuill missed a sitter on 45 mins.

Quigley played very well as did Stephen Quinn and a few others. I thought Alan Sheehan looks decent.They generally tried to play the right way but the second half was a bit feisty.

Stokes. I just don't know what to make of him. Still very raw.

B game?

tetsujin1979
20/11/2007, 8:50 PM
Saw the second half, O'Cearuill missed an absolute sitter in the first half, running on to a rebound, 3 yards out, keeper already dived from the shot, stuck it over
The commentary team were saying that Ireland were all over them in the first half, but might come to regret not converting any of their chances.
Quigley had 2 fantastic saves to keep a clean sheet
No one player really stood out, but it was a good team performance
Though the ref was a bit fussy as well
Actually missed the goal, so I can't comment on it. Good to see JJ O'Toole score though.
Bulgaria aren't a bad side, but this result effectively means nothing, we're already out of the running in this series

Poor Student
20/11/2007, 8:51 PM
Did Conor Sammon come on?

We were winning the B game 1-0 with a Richie Byrne goal but Scotland pulled one back to make it a draw.

tetsujin1979
20/11/2007, 8:52 PM
just saw on Aertel that the B game finished 1-1
Richie Byrne scored on 65 minutes, Howard equalised for Scotland on 83 minutes
Jim Goodwin was sent off on 89 minutes

tetsujin1979
20/11/2007, 8:52 PM
Did Conor Sammon come on?
Yeah, Sammon came on for Rooney around the 65 minute mark

Poor Student
20/11/2007, 8:53 PM
Yeah, Sammon came on for Rooney around the 65 minute mark

Was he any use?

Stuttgart88
20/11/2007, 9:06 PM
Sammon did nothing wrong except playing a dummy that Stokes(?) wasn't alert to. He should maybe have taken the ball himself. He did fine but made no real impression either. I was a bit p1ssed when he came on though.

Darren Quigley made one great save and did well otherwise.

O'Toole's goal was good and out of the blue. The full back (Nolan?) put in a lovely cross on the half volley that was just crying out to be met on the run. O'Toole duly obliged with a bullit (sic - quote Geysir!) header.

I'd love to see O'Toole and Garvan play together. I don't see too many teams dominating those two in midfield - at any level.

That said Gleeson has some nice touches and Stephen Quinn has a lot going for him. Not everything came off for him tonight but he has a great attitude and a lot of ability.

eirebhoy
20/11/2007, 9:09 PM
Yeah Quinn seems to be one of the better players in the U21s.

geysir
20/11/2007, 9:13 PM
Oops, I missed the other thread where the game was being discussed, I thought the game had been forgotten about.

Maroon 7
20/11/2007, 9:46 PM
Yeah Ireland just about deserved the win. Were the better side in the first half. As mentioned O'Cearuill scooped over the bar with an open goal in front of him on the stroke of half-time. Had a few other chances.

Was more even in the second half. Bulgarians if anything having slightly the better of it. Quigley had to pull off a couple of saves.

FarBeag
20/11/2007, 10:27 PM
Watched the match on Sky. Quigley made a few fine saves but their goalkeeper was just as busy. I think Ireland deserved to win on the balance of play.

O'Cearuill, although he missed a sitter in the first half is a good player and really stood out for me. I really like Steven Quinn and as I said before is a more skillful version of Mark Kinsella a clever and skillful player. Gleeson was quite good throughout but faded towards the end. Dare I say it as I may get attacked again by that Paddywackery bloke but Anthony Stokes is utter crap? I have yet to see this bloke play a good match for either Sunderland or Ireland. That’s all I will say about him. Salmon came on for the last 15 min’s or so but didn’t do very much. I think that O’ Toole will be a good player for us. Need to eat a few spuds though.

tetsujin1979
21/11/2007, 12:02 AM
Saw the goals from the B game on Sky Sports News, Byrne's was a volley from a rebound off the crossbar, very well taken
Keeper was at fault for the Scotland equaliser. Looks like a shot went in low to his left hand post, he dived, got a touch on it, and it spun back out, but the spin made it roll back over the line.
Goodwin's sending off was for 2 yellows, they only showed the second on and he definitely deserved it

soccerc
21/11/2007, 12:13 AM
Was he any use?

Just back from Athlone

NO, Sammon did nothing to impress.

soccerc
21/11/2007, 12:17 AM
Stephen Quinn has a lot going for him. Not everything came off for him tonight but he has a great attitude and a lot of ability.

Top class attitude and feet firmly on the ground. I've said it for a few years but potentially Stephen will have a lot to offer in the coming years. Not bad for a kid who was ignored at underage level. His younger brother again, Keith is also something special and may make the breakthrough in the next year.

gspain
21/11/2007, 8:10 AM
Just back from Airdrie - great performance and we should have won. 1st yellow for Goodwin was harsh. Ref appeared to have forgotten as he had to be reminded to send him off for the 2nd one.

Apart from the first and last 5 minutes we dominated the game.

Dan connor and Alan Bennett cam eon for the last few minutes, Connor should have stopped a weak header that just trickled in. we still should have been out of sight. Scottish keeper Smith of Motherwell was excellent.

Best were Colin Doyle, Alex Bruce (Yes I know I know), Graham Gartland, Michael Doyle and Wes Holohan. Mark Yeates impresseed when he came on. Sean Dillon had a very good firast half.

Crowd was over 3,000, Visiting support was 3. We didn't even bother going in the empty away end. No problems of course cheering in the home end even when we scored.

Interested spectators included Alan Kelly, Steve Staunton, Mick McCarthy, Stephen Hunt, Steve Coppell and Gordon Strachan.

Stuttgart88
21/11/2007, 8:12 AM
Great report, thanks.

Today's Indo singled out Yeates and Hoolahan as having laid the best claims to promotion.