PDA

View Full Version : Favourite superhero?

Dricky
21/05/2003, 8:57 AM
We have the author and the books but who is your favourite Superhero. And why??

I must say mine is Yoda, nothing but age can kill him and when your finished with him you can put him in you back pack and take him with you.

Then there was WonderWoman there was just something about a woman and rope.....

sorbothegreek
21/05/2003, 11:51 AM
Has to be She-woman-cat-type-thing.
Vomiting at will, now every cause could do with a little vomit, me thinks.:D

James
21/05/2003, 11:58 AM
yoda without doubt

UCD_4_Life
21/05/2003, 1:58 PM
He's not exactly a super-hero (he certainly is super) but Darth Vader would probably be my favourite.

Dricky
21/05/2003, 2:12 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
He's not exactly a super-hero (he certainly is super) but Darth Vader would probably be my favourite.

Hmmmm The Dark side is strong in this one..

How do we define Superhero???

James
21/05/2003, 2:19 PM
somebody with super powers :)
duh :)

Colm
21/05/2003, 5:06 PM
Well I used to love the 'Lois and Clark, The New Adventures Of Superman' series that used to be on about 7 or 8 years ago so I'm going to go with Superman.
I don't or have never liked Star Wars so I can't really comment too much on Yoda.
Batman was ok aswell but only because of the naff old series (60's?).
Could you class James Bond as a kinda superhero?

tiktok
21/05/2003, 5:41 PM
ah colm, you can't have superman,

he was indestuctible, what's so brave and courageous about no chance of defeat. you need a flaw or they're just boring.

so i'll go for lois instead;)

joe
21/05/2003, 6:42 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
ah colm, you can't have superman,

he was indestuctible, what's so brave and courageous about no chance of defeat. you need a flaw or they're just boring.

eh, kryptonite (sp?), anyone?

James
21/05/2003, 6:51 PM
all you need to know on that feen superman

here (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/)

tiktok
21/05/2003, 10:30 PM
er...sure who could afford kryptonite and the economy in the state it's in.:o

SÓC
22/05/2003, 12:08 AM
I'd have to go with the Tick, mentally challanged but super strong.

His battle cry was the best there is; Spoooon

sadloserkid
22/05/2003, 9:32 AM
I bloody loathe Superman!!! The kinda square-jawed preppy boy jock who should be taken out and flogged routinely for having such a lack of imagination...

Favourite Super hereos eh? Spiderman is great, he has real problems too! And Wolverine from the X-Men is the type of badass that impresses. The Tick was a good laugh too (not to mention Sewer Urchin!) Yoda is cool too but I wouldn't really consider him a super-hero as such.

Spiderman is the best though! Purely because he's more human then any of the others and has been more fleshed out in the last 40 odd years.

Dricky
22/05/2003, 12:34 PM
Can we class Earth-worm Jim as a Superhero?????

Have to agree that Superman was a bit far fetched, man in tights saves the world, well he just nicked that from Robin Hood.

yur man
22/05/2003, 12:44 PM
its gotta be 'the greatest american hero'

he lost his instruction book on his super powers but carried on by playin it by ear. class :D

this link will jog yur memories

http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/theater/7511/publicity.html

James
22/05/2003, 12:47 PM
theme music from greatest american hero

"beleive it not i'm walking on aaaaair
never thought i could be so freee-eeee-eee
flying away on a wing and a prayer
who could it be?
beleive it or not.. its just me"

deadly :)

Dricky
22/05/2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by James
theme music from greatest american hero

"beleive it not i'm walking on aaaaair
never thought i could be so freee-eeee-eee
flying away on a wing and a prayer
who could it be?
beleive it or not.. its just me"

deadly :)

Thats how he did it, became a Superhero and had a Kareoke track to go with it and everyone loved him.

Bet as a result of yur man and James ye all have the song in your head, that tune will be in your head now for the next week your dooooooommed I tell ye's

Black and White Flash Gordon was pretty cool. the colour film nah that was toss great sound track but Just like Superman the Hollywood has to make big gaylords out of them. No superhero who wears spandex should be allowed near this earth.

Schumi
22/05/2003, 1:11 PM
Never heard of that Greatest American Hero guy.

sadloserkid
22/05/2003, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by Dricky
No superhero who wears spandex should be allowed near this earth.

Reminds me of the line in the X-Men movie

Wolverine (sarcastic): Nice costumes...

Cyclops: What were you expecting? Blue and yellow spandex?

:D

Dricky
22/05/2003, 1:28 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Reminds me of the line in the X-Men movie

Wolverine (sarcastic): Nice costumes...

Cyclops: What were you expecting? Blue and yellow spandex?

Remember that one, it was one for the fans of the comic or cartoon. goes to show that some studios want to invest in an idea rather than just rob it.

sadloserkid
22/05/2003, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by Dricky
Remember that one, it was one for the fans of the comic or cartoon. goes to show that some studios want to invest in an idea rather than just rob it.

Yeah, it was a nice touch I thought. Made me giggle anyway.

Colm
22/05/2003, 5:19 PM
Anyone remeber Captain Planet? he was dreadful!

James
22/05/2003, 5:27 PM
ah come on
"captain planet
he's our hero
gona bring pollution down to zero"

surely as great message to put out to the watching kids
just like the excellant anti drugs stance cork city fans are stating at the dublin matches. fair play there and say no to drugs kids

sadloserkid
23/05/2003, 8:21 AM
Originally posted by Colm
Anyone remeber Captain Planet? he was dreadful!

And the planeteers were...

slk thinks deeply for a few moments

The earth guy was from Africa and called Kwame (and he was voiced by the guy who was La Forge in Star Trek- The Next Generation...

The fire guy was the brilliantly named 'Wheeler' :rolleyes: from Yankland.

The water chick was asian and called.... Gee or something to that effect I think....

The air girly was the resident sexbomb and was called Linka. She was Russian.

And the weedy little urchin who wore the heart ring (sissy :p) was called Martique.

And then what about villians. There was Doctor Blight (another woman) and a pony-tailed guy with a hard on for ivory... A rather rotund game hunter and... that's all I can remember to be honest.

steven17
23/05/2003, 12:13 PM
the hurricane from wwe hes got superpowers " whats up with dat"

Countyman
23/05/2003, 2:11 PM
What about John Rambo???

Indestructible.

Asian chick - "Whats that Rambo?"

Rambo - "Its a blue light"

Asian chick - "What does it do?"

Rambo - "Turns blue"

or who could ever forget him putting gunpowder in a bullet wound and igniting it!!!!.....the man just thrives off pain.

...pretty darn good at that Afghan polo type game with a sheep too.

...a real allrounder and the POW always gets saved.

surely a superhero

Dricky
23/05/2003, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by James
ah come on
"captain planet
he's our hero
gona bring pollution down to zero"

surely as great message to put out to the watching kids
just like the excellant anti drugs stance cork city fans are stating at the dublin matches. fair play there and say no to drugs kids

lol :D :D :D :D

goalside
24/05/2003, 11:37 AM
has to be superman

steven17
24/05/2003, 2:09 PM
optimas prime
the robot was in time magizine 100 men of the century and came about 4th

shame on you all

he also had some great comebacks (from the movie)

MEGATRON" why throw away your life so foolishly prime

PRIME"thats a question you should ask yourself megatron.

that robot is a legend

colster
26/05/2003, 3:39 PM
It has to be monkey magic. Deadly.

highlight100
05/01/2006, 12:40 AM
Has to be wonder woman and those sexy tights,not forgetting the infamous truth rope. The big wigs in merrion square could do with her super powers now i should think....

M@ttitude
05/01/2006, 2:27 AM
Super Gran was honestly my favourite.. No Joke.

Stand back Superman, Iceman, Spiderman
Batman and Robin too
Don't wanna cause a ruckus, but BA Baracus
Have I got a match for you
She makes them look like a bunch of fairies
She's got more bottle than United Dairies
Hang about
Look out
For Supergran

lofty9
05/01/2006, 8:42 AM
Eric, from 29 Arcadia road aka Bananaman!

Gerrit
05/01/2006, 7:05 PM
Favourite superhero must be Radioactive Man from the comics in the Simpsons...

"Up and at'om !" :D (pronounce as 'up and had'em - obviously :o )

But, of all non-existing creatures that appeared in novels, films, artworks... my favourite of course, surprise surprise :rolleyes: , is Count Dracula.
I just cannot resist to vampire novels and films.

ken foree
05/01/2006, 7:26 PM
the HULK has been, is, and will always be my absolute #1. the dim one is best from the comics, not the mute lou ferrigno one from the tv show. something about this super-powerful, tortured animal, hounded across the western u.s. by the army, often gentle, but not always heroic. the ultimate in a conflicted and sometimes pathetic creature who just wanted to be left alone.. something most children can relate to at times!

spidey a close second.

honourable mentions to silver surfer(how f*cking cool was he) and the mighty thor. ghost rider was fairly bada$$ too

great shout on the tick!

the 12 th man
05/01/2006, 7:35 PM
Has to be one of the "Mystery Men",either the Limey fork flinger the "Blue Rajah" or "The Shoveler".

hamish
06/01/2006, 12:15 AM
When I was a kid I used to buy the old Victor comic and my favourite "hero" was Gorgeous Gus, a kind of upmarker Roy of the Rovers.:D :o

Here's some info on him and The Victor

The Victor ran for 1657 issues and you could expect to pay £50 for issue 1 with the free gift of a Super Squirt Ring although it is very scarce.

A definite attraction was its free gifts which were usually football related: my favourite was a yellow plastic wallet with football statistics printed on it, in which weekly free cards (?) were then deposited. The best stories were also sport related. "The Tough of the Track" is unequivocally the finest athletics cartoon story ever told. Alf Tupper had all the qualities any top athlete could wish for: working class background, firm grasp of non-standard English (as in "I run the toff"), steady proletarian job (welding beneath the railway arches), economical and unvaried diet (fish and chips), deep rooted hatred of the upper classes, strong reservations about any foreigner especially eastern Europeans, and complete disrespect for authority whether British or eastern European. His long running career spanned at least the 1950s (the earliest race I know of was in prose in the 1957 "Adventure" annual), 60s and 70s. Not only did he continue running successfully into his late fifties but showed no signs of hair loss or modernisation of hair style, favouring a low friction quiff at all times.

"Gorgeous Gus", though far less revered, also deserves a high ranking despite being the complete antithesis to Alf. If Alf had ever met Gus, there would have been trouble. Gus was grotesquely rich but nevertheless favoured a career in first division football. Not for him the usual ninety minute drudgery: sporting a hand-made silk kit, Gus would only deign to come on the pitch to take free kicks or penalties. As possessor of a literally net-breaking shot, these brief appearances guaranteed victory after victory. He was assisted at all times by a personal valet who cleaned his boots on the touchlines and provided refreshments from a silver tray.

You used to get lovely wallets and then you'd collect first class colour photos of various English and Scottish teams to keep. God, if I'd kept them they'd be worth a fortune now.

Neish
07/01/2006, 11:47 AM
Bicycle Repairman

Anto McC
07/01/2006, 12:16 PM
I cant believe im the first person to say Batman!!!

if not him,the Ultimate Warrior from the WWF years ago,he was a superhero :D

Maz
07/01/2006, 12:18 PM
I was a captain planet and not so much batman but a Robin fan

Kowalski
07/01/2006, 10:20 PM
There's only one real Superhero..................whether he's in his talking car .........or armed with his microphone................ or even equipped with his orange life buoy.............its gotta be...............................THE HOFF.:D

Lionel Ritchie
09/01/2006, 2:05 PM
As I'm uncomfortable looking up to caped, musclebound men in lycra body suits wearing their jocks on the outside -can I say Dynamo Duck? How about HR Puffin Stuff?

Gareth
09/01/2006, 3:05 PM
I like Nightcrawler, Morph and Wolverine in X-Men.

Spiderman would be good only for the painful romance story that is dragged along. Venom is class.

Batman is my favourite I think seeing as he's just a bloke. So does he technically have superpowers?

Superman, who wouldn't wanna be him :)

SÓC
09/01/2006, 5:53 PM
Jez who dragged up this old bad boy?

Was this thread even born in foot.ie or is it a phootball.com hangover?

Gerrit
09/01/2006, 10:17 PM
There's only one real Superhero..................whether he's in his talking car .........or armed with his microphone................ or even equipped with his orange life buoy.............its gotta be...............................THE HOFF

I was in The Beaten Docket the other day (one of those old pubs near Belfast train station) and there was one of those music channels on big screen, a show with old eighties and early nineties stuff.

Guess what comes up? David Hasselhoff ! The vocals were actually not that bad (as in, there's much worse being seen on MTV these days) but the video was absolutely hilarious in some way. The Hoff sitting in a car doing stunts, so far okay ; but whenever they just took a close up of his face, he was trying so hard to force a passionate and furious look that it was like play-back/karaoke going wrong :D Overacting in its purest form!

But the man deserves credit for his career. And he did have some extremely pretty women in Baywatch beside him. Erika Eleniak was a first crush of mine when she paraded on TV in her bikini in front of my 9 year old eyes :o

hamish
11/01/2006, 3:10 PM
Does anyone remember cartoonist Tony Benyon's The Lone Groover and Tonto in the NME?? Kind of an anti-hero but funny sometimes. This surfaced recently in a BBC programme on the magazine

Scroll down to see a flag of The LG here

http://www.urban75.org/photos/reading/

The LG used to have regular pseudo-French expressions like "Erk alors". Another one was "Gaspo".:o :D
He also came equipped with a talking codpiece.LOL

Plastic Paddy, Superhoops, CollegeTillI Die might remember.

http://cres1.lancs.ac.uk/~esarie/images/tonybenyon/

Hard to make some of these out but Benyon's cartoons were very popular in the NME for a long time.

I know, I know, I'm sad.:D