PDA

View Full Version : City advance in League Cup

tiktok
20/05/2003, 11:34 PM
City advanced to the next stage of the league cup as the Kerry league defeated Cobh Ramblers 2-1 in St.Coleman's Park.
Cobh had taken the lead and both sides were reduced to ten men before Kerry equalised, and went on to win with a late goal.

there's a match report on www.soccercentral.ie

Bohs, Longford, Sligo Rovers and Derry City have also moved on.

First chance of silverware under dolan still intact. And no i don't care if it's a mickey mouse competition, we were all only too glad to get our hands on it when we beat rovers with a noel hartigan goal a few seasons back.

:D :D :D

Tom Peppers
21/05/2003, 2:42 PM
ya but to be honest the competition isnt even worth the silverware they give to the winning team. I heard recently from GWA that theres talk of all ireland cup between teams from the south and teams from the north. Sadloserkid said the same also and it would replace the league cup

A face
21/05/2003, 5:33 PM
Originally posted by Tom Peppers
ya but to be honest the competition isnt even worth the silverware they give to the winning team. I heard recently from GWA that theres talk of all ireland cup between teams from the south and teams from the north. Sadloserkid said the same also and it would replace the league cup

I would love to see it !!

Soko
21/05/2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Tom Peppers

Rovers versus Linfield would be a lot of fun. Linfield againsts anyone for that matter.

tiktok
21/05/2003, 10:46 PM
do you remember that waterford "fan" who walked in front of the shed a few years back wearing the rangers scarf and chanting 'the linfield'.

thought the poor lad was going to get his head kicked in, if linfield really were down i think it's be a recipe for disaster.

anyway, what's the standard like, all i know is vinny arkins still gets his game.

Trax
22/05/2003, 8:01 AM
The standard has dropped just a touch.Dermot Keely was recently talking about combining the 2 leagues and I think an All-Ireland Cup is the perfect way to try it out.